Steamrollers little hide away pt 1

• Thread starter steamroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steamroller

steamroller

I watched that exact video before purchase .
I will say that it may not be for everyone.
It uses a lot of product for the return and you really need to like the rosin .
I like joints so the toy is just that for me .

Torn thinking that today is the day ! CHOP ..😬
Most plants do appear to be finishing and from what I see with the loop [ PIA ] and headband magnifier most trichs are milky .
The video I just watched has me thinking today is the day . Nervous to say the least .
I just keep thinking better late then never is for those who missed the boat ?
Worst case is we learn ? Back to Gerry Rafferty !
On the hopeful side ; Love Brand New !

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Last 2 weeks are where a LOT of the fatness comes from. If the pistils haven't fully curled back into the calyx and I would want to see a nice cloudy:amber ratio on the trichs. What about chopping a few and letting a few go a bit longer?

steamroller

steamroller

The latest video I watched says the added mass comes at the cost of deteriorating THC ?
Watch this if you haven't [start around 3:38] then share your thoughts .
Said I was nervous .
I posted the video in these threads also for comment .

but Honey where are we gonna put it? Right next to the damn Toaster where it belongs, sheesh?!!
It is for breakfast after all !
🤣

steamroller

steamroller

Ok I have chosen the path less traveled . Not uncommon when I get carried away with a hobby .
I am going to expose the buds to a little extra light for the next couple days then chop them.
I like the link Shade gave with Dr.Bugbee saying dark before harvest is the exact opposite of what the plant needs .
I remember when growing outdoors in the 90's the dream was 3 hot sunny days before harvest .
I will keep the room cool 75f ,RH 35-40 and lights on 18-6 for next couple days and depending what I see probably chop mid week .

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Ok I have chosen the path less traveled . Not uncommon when I get carried away with a hobby .
I am going to expose the buds to a little extra light for the next couple days then chop them.
I like the link Shade gave with Dr.Bugbee saying dark before harvest is the exact opposite of what the plant needs .
I remember when growing outdoors in the 90's the dream was 3 hot sunny days before harvest .
I will keep the room cool 75f ,RH 35-40 and lights on 18-6 for next couple days and depending what I see probably chop mid week .
Just throwing this out there, while you are on your less traveled path. Try reducing the light intensity, not dark duration, at the end next grow a little every week till finish.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

I get what you're saying, and yes you are right. Lowering temps while keeping DLI the same would be ideal. But you're suggesting to lower temps by lowering the DLI which doesn't make sense.
not trying to stir the pot, genuinely curious since I just lowered my DLI and temp last 3 weeks of flower.
wouldn’t an increased DLI also increase your leaf surface temp? Let’s assume LED lights. I did it to mimic nature, but if we can provide better than nature can I’m all for it.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

not trying to stir the pot, genuinely curious since I just lowered my DLI and temp last 3 weeks of flower.
wouldn’t an increased DLI also increase your leaf surface temp? Let’s assume LED lights. I did it to mimic nature, but if we can provide better than nature can I’m all for it.
@FuriousStyles was on to something here. I think I get his line of thought.

Near the end of flower you can increase your DLI by just increasing the hours of light - but by also lowering the intensity as Furious suggested you would potentially still be getting a higher DLI than you were with 12/12 AND also lowering the temperatures a bit because your lights aren't as intense.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Yeah you are right on that as well. The trick is to find ways to reduce leaf surface temps while still pumping out the DLI that last week

steamroller

steamroller

Ironic convo today here .
Were your ears all ring as my room went to 87 !! I can't leave the door open when I go to work [ too early/dark ] and it can't be open in the evening to help with cooling so I think I am chopping tonight .
It has gotten too warm during the day for my cool air intake to manage the overall heat today .
I am itching to work on the room and that is just a no go with plants in flower, so the sooner I get them dry and paper bagged the sooner I can get the clones out of tent and work on the room .
I don't feel like experimenting with how the AC works yet as the weather is changing everyday here now. 20s and 30s at night but 60 during the day .
Just going to chop ,dry ,move clones and start new seeds !
With the lights off I can control RH and keep temp at 68 for drying in the room first 3-7 days .
Here is the clones last Saturday
DSC 0014

DSC 0015

Some of them are still throwing wonky leaves but they have plenty of time and a better quality of life coming to them now .
Next grow I will my path less traveled more appropriately .I just kind of thought about it after seeing just the 3 or so minutes of the Drs video .
I don't really have a lot of creative ideas but I do think the end could be better managed . Plants that aren't consuming themselves also might make any effort more viable .

steamroller

steamroller

Everything is dry enough to jar and the cure has begun .I don't weigh it since it is just for me ? I'll guess 2lbs from the 12 plants being modest .
I made pen cartridges with a flavored 'wax liquidizer' from the rosin from the press. Fantastic from first hit ! Took like 10 minutes to mix the 2 and it was easy and adjustable [ just add less or more of either ].
So things are going well but, I got issues .
I am losing my mind without plants and the room to tend to ! This really has to replace my fish breeding hobby for daily activities . I need to do something daily even if it just look in and smile !
The clones needed to be on hold so I practiced patience until today.
I took down the FC800's and hung the TSL2000 again .I don't need to burn the 800's for veg IMO .
I moved the clones out into the room from tent and re potted them in 3 g containers.
Got 4 Grape Diamond ,5 Crescendo ,2 Agent Orange, and 4 Orange Velvet underground .
Using Pro Mix BX and Coast of Maine Stonington 50/50 mix .
I will grow these out and see about cloning and getting them outdoors .
I have ordered a @inkbird controller to run AC as that time is approaching [ even though we got snow last night { WTF?}] .It should be here tomorrow.
Got a thermometer that keeps records of high and low temp so I can tune everything in without surprises hopefully.
I am going to start popping seeds tonight using the tent and have ordered a clone of the Grape Gas from @ImpulsiveGrower .
Super looking forward to having a quality plant .
Pics later of the room and clones .

freezeland2

freezeland2

Everything is dry enough to jar and the cure has begun .I don't weigh it since it is just for me ? I'll guess 2lbs from the 12 plants being modest .
I made pen cartridges with a flavored 'wax liquidizer' from the rosin from the press. Fantastic from first hit ! Took like 10 minutes to mix the 2 and it was easy and adjustable [ just add less or more of either ].
So things are going well but, I got issues .
I am losing my mind without plants and the room to tend to ! This really has to replace my fish breeding hobby for daily activities . I need to do something daily even if it just look in and smile !
The clones needed to be on hold so I practiced patience until today.
I took down the FC800's and hung the TSL2000 again .I don't need to burn the 800's for veg IMO .
I moved the clones out into the room from tent and re potted them in 3 g containers.
Got 4 Grape Diamond ,5 Crescendo ,2 Agent Orange, and 4 Orange Velvet underground .
Using Pro Mix BX and Coast of Maine Stonington 50/50 mix .
I will grow these out and see about cloning and getting them outdoors .
I have ordered a @inkbird controller to run AC as that time is approaching [ even though we got snow last night { WTF?}] .It should be here tomorrow.
Got a thermometer that keeps records of high and low temp so I can tune everything in without surprises hopefully.
I am going to start popping seeds tonight using the tent and have ordered a clone of the Grape Gas from @ImpulsiveGrower .
Super looking forward to having a quality plant .
Pics later of the room and clones .
You flipped your grow a couple days after I did and now you have harvested. Mine are still going. Coming up on 10 weeks of flower now. I could probably chop, just to lazy for all the work afterwards, lol.

Top Bottom