Steamrollers little hide away pt 1

• Thread starter steamroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steamroller

steamroller

So I cut 4 autos today ! They are all at least 2 weeks early but...

They are the first four in the center here.

And here is one with others in background just 2 days ago.
They looked like this on Saturday and today all four had just about every fan blade burnt hard and the top buds on 2 of them were showing the same brown.
Not sure what gives and they would have a def. if anything like all my others, not over ferted. 🤔 The heat may have got them as it does get very hot, but they are the only ones that even come close to looking like this ? The heat is not new and the green house is always open. I have never closed the windows or doors once! Temps have reached 100 easy over a month ago on random days.
It is the warm season but this happened fast IMO. The way it looks in above pic has been how it looked for 2weeks easy, but only the one not the other 3..
I really don't know what happened so fast ,but when I realized they were all the same strain [ Pluto Cut ] I just figured I should get what was good instead of risk all four just to get 2 more weeks ??
They smell out of this world, and the green house needs room anyways ..
Started to up pot the regular photos to 3 g as they have been in gallon the whole time [ should have joined the 1 q challenge]. Figuring there could still be some males [ I am sure] but have also removed 6 from previous sexing of their clones.
Moved all the clones that were in greenhouse into the 2x4 tent and set it for 20 hours.
Got 10 Grape Gas , and 2 of the apples and bananas along with repeats of the OV, OA, GD and C .
They will be next when all the photos are done.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I cut 4 autos today ! They are all at least 2 weeks early but...
View attachment 1260950
They are the first four in the center here.
View attachment 1260952
And here is one with others in background just 2 days ago.
They looked like this on Saturday and today all four had just about every fan blade burnt hard and the top buds on 2 of them were showing the same brown.
Not sure what gives and they would have a def. if anything like all my others, not over ferted. 🤔 The heat may have got them as it does get very hot, but they are the only ones that even come close to looking like this ? The heat is not new and the green house is always open. I have never closed the windows or doors once! Temps have reached 100 easy over a month ago on random days.
It is the warm season but this happened fast IMO. The way it looks in above pic has been how it looked for 2weeks easy, but only the one not the other 3..
I really don't know what happened so fast ,but when I realized they were all the same strain [ Pluto Cut ] I just figured I should get what was good instead of risk all four just to get 2 more weeks ??
They smell out of this world, and the green house needs room anyways ..
Started to up pot the regular photos to 3 g as they have been in gallon the whole time [ should have joined the 1 q challenge]. Figuring there could still be some males [ I am sure] but have also removed 6 from previous sexing of their clones.
Moved all the clones that were in greenhouse into the 2x4 tent and set it for 20 hours.
Got 10 Grape Gas , and 2 of the apples and bananas along with repeats of the OV, OA, GD and C .
They will be next when all the photos are done.
They look very healthy but id scope for russet mites… to me those leaves are more than heat stressed and judging by the fact not all plants are affected im I am unfortunately thinking thats the case.

They also prefer flowering plants over vegetative

steamroller

steamroller

They look very healthy but id scope for russet mites… to me those leaves are more than heat stressed and judging by the fact not all plants are affected im I am unfortunately thinking thats the case.

They also prefer flowering plants over vegetative

Yeah especially with the lower growth looking much healthier/not AS brown
Thanks guys, I wasn't going to try to fix, but want to keep my head on the swivel for whatever may happen moving forward.
I have no clue but I thought it could be some pathogen, a genetic def. or maybe a pest.
Either way I feared for the safety of the other plants and took swift action. ✂️
I will watch the others closely this next week. Most of the autos should be done by August. The tallest over 3 feet [NYC Diesel from cropking seeds ] was listed to be done in 49 days which was 6/26 , but clearly has more growing to go?
No place good to dry them as they are not going in the room that is temp controlled now! I will not risk introducing whatever they were dealing with and hope I did not introduce anything with the clones going in the tent. 😲
Into paper bags they go right off the rip and then pray they dry somewhat slowly.

Last edited:
steamroller

steamroller

View attachment 1260977

This row of girls is looking a little hungry too :) Looking forward to seeing all these plants get to the end brotha!
Just about all plants are lite . My learning curve with the Roots Organic is not keeping up with the plants . I don't have much good to say about the product like others.🤔 I have deficiencies like never before that only corrected after using my FF ferts...
The plants are not enjoying my stumbles feeding them. Maybe that has had some effect on the autos? Thankfully photos are more patient...
I do always try to stay boarder line lite, but like mentioned ,I have seen more deficiencies in this grow already then, all my others combined.
It may be me, but not impressed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just about all plants are lite . My learning curve with the Roots Organic is not keeping up with the plants . I don't have much good to say about the product like others.🤔 I have deficiencies like never before that only corrected after using my FF ferts...
The plants are not enjoying my stumbles feeding them. Maybe that has had some effect on the autos? Thankfully photos are more patient...
I do always try to stay boarder line lite, but like mentioned ,I have seen more deficiencies in this grow already then, all my others combined.
It may be me, but not impressed.
Are you brewing teas? If your showing deficiencies you prob want to be doing so if top dressing is lagging. The other route is slightly bigger pots when going organic as a small amount of soil means smaller amount of nutrients

Heywood

Heywood

Yeah especially with the lower growth looking much healthier/not AS brown
Actually if your lower growth is healthy, then it probably isn't russet mites? Found this:

Russet mites on cannabis begin by consuming the leaves close to the base of the plant. The insects will continue eating until the very top of the plant is reached and consumed.

Hopefully it is just heat related to those particular plants that you pulled out.

steamroller

steamroller

Actually if your lower growth is healthy, then it probably isn't russet mites? Found this:

Russet mites on cannabis begin by consuming the leaves close to the base of the plant. The insects will continue eating until the very top of the plant is reached and consumed.

Hopefully it is just heat related to those particular plants that you pulled out.
All damage was top of plant including 2 of the colas.
I scope the plants and they just look burnt, no signs of pest so fingers crossed and praying.
Thanks man !

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They start there but generally make there way to the buds.

steamroller

steamroller

I appreciate everyone's help and will keep all suggestion in the front of my mind .
In reading the info card with the Pluto Cut it says "Typical flowering time is LESS then 80 days from sprout. She keeps growing for 100+ days but her quality [appearance] may diminish" .. 🤔
I count 5/8 as day one but they sprouted 5/2-3 or so ..
They were 70 days old today??
If I am also thinking straight these were the seeds I thought looked less then proper and gave me trouble sprouting. That is why there were 4 and not 6 [ they came 3 to pack]...
I am becoming less worried .

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You will see them with a common loop. As for the Terp tea , I brewed some up according to directions and found it incredibly weak in nitrate. I still plan on using it In tea form but I plan on bumping the amount put into the water way up. I may be off base year, but he used a nitrate test strip In the finished tea and it didn’t register shit! Maybe I am going about it wrong. But I don’t know any other way to measure the nitrogen.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
For comparison sake I then took some old miracle Gro organics plant food and made a tea following the directions. Stuck a test strip in it and it registered well over 500 ppm. Maybe someone can chime in and let me know if using a nitrate test strip Is a reasonable way to measure the nitrogen Contant of a T.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You will see them with a common loop. As for the Terp tea , I brewed some up according to directions and found it incredibly weak in nitrate. I still plan on using it In tea form but I plan on bumping the amount put into the water way up. I may be off base year, but he used a nitrate test strip In the finished tea and it didn’t register shit! Maybe I am going about it wrong. But I don’t know any other way to measure the nitrogen.
Russet mites? Or spider mites?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

For comparison sake I then took some old miracle Gro organics plant food and made a tea following the directions. Stuck a test strip in it and it registered well over 500 ppm. Maybe someone can chime in and let me know if using a nitrate test strip Is a reasonable way to measure the nitrogen Contant of a T.
Shoot for 100-120ppm N if the strip shows that then no issue. But a nitrate strip does not teat for ammonia you need a different one so it’s possible there is enough nitrogen just not in the form of nitrate

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Don’t know if they were russets or spiders. I just know that I saw a few of them with my Loupe. A cheap one with the lights on it. Didn’t become a huge problem. Probably spiders if they are that much larger. And measuring the nitrogen in a brew has always been a guessing game and an experiment for me but the strips were the only thing I could think of.If there is a better way that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg I’m open for suggestions. Thanks for the help, aqua!

Top Bottom