Still MASHIN' - Under Current 12XLs, Flip-Flop, '91 Chem

• Thread starter RollinEndough
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mets21

get well soon, and when you do could you go into detail how you prepare clones/seedlings/small plants for the UC?

Do you keep them in rockwool cubes? 3in blocks or smaller?

Do you cut your own clones or start from seed?

persiankid

persiankid

Fell better.. learned a lot so far reading your thread bro thanks!

opt1c

opt1c

i'll chime in while our brother in buckets is out of action; i run rockwool 1" cubes to start my clones and then i place em in 5.5" pots with hydroton in individual buckets with 2 airstones per bucket; i use the under current quad top lids that hold 4 of the net pots; i'll run two of those with 8 plants and pick the best six to transfer into my 6 site system. In the future i'll probably run the plants in two plant lids after starting in the quad tops before swapping to the main system in 4 individual buckets (they're called waterfalls or neptune's cauldron depending on configuration; basically the under current bucket without the holes in the side and a drain connected via uniseal instead)

i veg 2 buckets under a 4ft 8bulb t5 flouro lamp; the plants are quite happy with the arrangement

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

You know you're crazy when the company you keep is willing to drive an hour, nearly beat the doors off their hinges and finally just deciding to break and enter into your residence through a window. All in good intention though. It takes a human with a bit of heart to do such things, one love guys.

Thanks to the THCFamily as well, I take your words encouragingly and trudge forward.

Finally I'm giving a shout out to the growers who supply the Greenest Green with meds worthy of giving a testimonial to their effectiveness. I'd be in much worse shape without your efforts.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

RMCG, ya got the idea, LOLs for everyone. Thanks for keeping it lively.

burnzalot, you're talking to a scientist. I think the best way to answer such questions is through good ol' trial and error. If they look hungry that low on the EC then all you've gotta do is add more. :)

gadgetsmoke, you're the shit for taking the initiative to jump on board with a UC and do it right from the get go! Fuck those baby steps playa. :D

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

I've been rooting in Rapid Rooters at the 7 day mark and putting them in a UC at day 10. No pre veg due to the side show projects at the moment.

I'm definitely going to get a clone machine again though due to the huge root mass difference between the two techniques. Check out JACK's clone rig and how mature he gets them before the plunk. Partially the reason for his skewed veg time numbers.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

You just don't know until you know, you know?

eat-dog-chinese.jpg

Food poisoning after eating Chinese, some lovely memories those.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Man thats to bad.
Gotta be careful what Asian food you eat. I usually wont eat it unless somebody else has tried it befor.
I use a ezcloner and it works great. I like to let them get some really nice roots and big leaves be for I plunk em in.
BG

R

RMCG

Mets - Here's how I do it:

6 days in EZ Cloner:

Roots_Day6.jpg

Once they are ~10 days old, they get put in to net pots.

Veg unit is a standalone 27g tote, 500GPH pump w/ pvc bar with (8) 360* sprayer heads.

I think the 'aero' system forces roots out of the netpot a little faster, initially.

2 days in net pot:

VEGDAY2_02.JPG

5 days in net pot:

DAY5_VEG1.jpg

~20 days of veg (once transplanted):

IMG_00045.JPG

G

gadgetsmoke

gadgetsmoke, you're the shit for taking the initiative to jump on board with a UC and do it right from the get go! Fuck those baby steps playa. :D

BIGUPS bro! yeah im jumping out the windo head first, sink or swim...hopefully swimming in a sea of chocolope.

Question.... Can you veg in the UC? I plan on starting fromseed , so once germinated, ill put them under one of those grow stands with one 54 watt bulb. Hopefully theyll get to ten inches witht hat , then to the UC for vegging. Does this sound ok??

Thanks for showing a New-B a lil luv
peace:afroweed:

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

that will work out just fine. as long as you have good roots your good to go.

true grit

true grit

looking awesome bro, sending you a pm in a bit with the questions i asked earlier about the flip flop....

B

Boomer242

filling in very nicely i see. i picked a good day to catch up and check in. im already gettin excited to hear harvest reports and see the next round. :weed-sign:

how u doing support with the colas above the screen? i think i see sum ties hanging down? jw cuz im havin sum leaning issues with my scrog cuz they stretched way above my screen

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Thanks fellas!

The chains holding the ScrOG frame up will make for an excellent place to thread some twine thru. I'll make a few wraps around the perimeter when the time comes.

The blooming plants in coco are tied to the reflectors with twine and folder clips for easy adjustment if needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom