Summer Grow, Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

Dcp 3851
gotta say fuck yeah. I love a good rainbows end.

K

kolah

Ken and Fish, I been here 6 years now and never get tired of it..in fact I fall more in love with it each passing day. It's really my dream come true. Now if I could find a nice lady that would be the topper.

Sox,I am west of Cripple Creek about 2 hours from Co Springs.

K

kolah

Dcp 3857
lastly..my experimental girls. I'll wrap the top half of the swing set with plastic as it gets cooler. I popped these seedlings in the dirt-pile to see what would happen. Thats a big Love-Bud (Big Bud x Love Potion) to the right and next to it is a White Widow x Big Bud cross which are doing pretty dam good.. Next to the WWxBB are a small Power Kush and a Critical Jack which were Dinafem freebie fem seeds. I am not impressed with these fem seeds as they lack vigor, are small and were a real bitch to even sprout. But hey I'll give them some loving and see what happens.

Kinda of a bummer as I had plans to save some males for pollen...esp the Bubbashine and DJ's VM but just didn't have an isolated area to do that. I just didn't want to run the risk of impregnating my little sluts. :)

I wish ol' Texas Kid was still here on the Farm to chime in about the BubbaShine.

K

kolah

a quick summary of the strains inside:

Bodhi's Bubba Shine (DJ's Blue Moonshine x Bubba Kush) also called Blue Kush and Moon Kush?
DJ's Vanilluna aka Vanilla Moon (his Blueberry sativa x Blueberry indica)
Sensi Seeds Afghan #1 (100% indica)

these 4 are all looking sativa dominant:
AK47/Cherry Bomb x White Widow
White Widow x Big Bud
Dinefems White Siberian (AK47 x WW)
Dinefems Original Amnesia

K

kolah

Oh and BTW.. all six beans of the Bubba-Shines turned out females. woot!

100% germ rate and 100% females. double woot!

Three are planted in the ground in the Greenhouse, one is out in the experimental dirt pile and two are in 5 gallon pails outside my sunroom. I am babying a couple (in buckets) just in case the weather goes real bad and those two could be brought indoors, if need be.

Yeah Ken, nothing goes to waste. My neighbor was tossing the swingset in the trash and I jumped on it. I am always looking for free stuff to grow with. I was also thinking of making a glider out of it to sit in and rock. I might use it for that in the winter. As crazy as it sounds, the winters here are mild here (IMO) and I am outdoors a lot, sitting by campfires and hiking. A wooden bench/glider hung off the swingset frame would be pretty slick.

Looking back the the pictures posted from 4 1/2 weeks ago these gals have really come into their own. I was getting a bit impatient. I also think my HF and OF soil was old and not too rich as I really had to start pumping in extra nutes to gets the gals humping. It' s also quite possibe the plants just sucked it up too fast. I know that HF and OF soil is only good for about 30 days but that's not a given by any means. I started top dressing with horse manure, chicken poop, some egg shells and some General Organics liquid. I'd hit it up and wait a few days and watch for burns (or other signs of overdose) and then hit it up again...and then wait a week and start it up again.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

No power, Walt. Covering and closing up things will spike high humidity levels. Last year it caused a very mild case of PM between doing that and running a propane heater..which I quickly learned heating by propane raises humidity levels thru the roof. I am shopping around for a small wood stove which will combat that by lowering humidity and keeping temps up. I will put straw on the bed floor though to help insulate their roots. And I will bring in some good size rocks to hold thermal heat.
I would get a truck battery and a trickle charger. charge it during the day hook heating impliments to at night. put it on a little dolly so its easy to move around.

K

kolah

Not a bad idea, Walt! Even a few light bulbs emit some good heat. Maybe place one bulb every 2-3 foot or so just above ground level. I'd have to experiment though as they drain a lot of electricity.

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Just beautiful pictures Kolah I gotta move somewhere like that.......man would I be at peace owning some land like that those pictures are amazing such nice landscapes and scenery.....man why didn't my parents get me a swingset like that when I was a kid.....anyways Kolah love checking out this thread keep the pimp pictures coming!

and I like the idea of wrapping the swingset when the weather cools down!

O

OG4UanME

Kolah, what a dream come true, nice set up ya got going on there. im all to familiar with buff ny! i too would love your living arrangements, good luck with those nice genetics, and stay safe brother!

K

kolah

Thanks folks.

Fish, once my tipi canvas rots out (probably in a year or two) I'll strip it off, tear down the poles and say a passionate goodbye to my life in the tipi. I have absolutely no idea what I will build in her place. The events that will unfold in the near future may dictate that...so I'll just patiently observe. :)

I like living in the Now.... although when trapped in this modern world it can bite ya in the ass. lol.

K

kolah

I forget to mention one other strain that I have growing, a single Royal Hawaiian x Sweet Tooth. It's popping out nice pink hairs and showing sativa dom.

B

bckwht

Build an earthbag home kolah, that's my dream for down the road...since you live in a tipi, an Eco-dome would prob feel awful luxurious lol I've got a few books on simple living and try to read as many mother earth news mags I can..I'm actually going to the mother earth news seminar/festival in just a couple weeks

K

kolah

Earthbag or strawbale with a timber frame would be mucho sweetio-so. My tipi sits is on a 22x20 foot deck so that would be enough building room for me. A half-loft up top would be super as well. Sit up on the upper deck, pick guitar, sip a beer and take in the view.

Up here I have many good friends of like-minds and we could easily have a building party of filling bags or stacking strawbales. I have read where straw and dirt homes can easily put out a R-50 insulation value....plus I love the look of thick walls.

I also dig those hobbit homes as they look so cozy and natural.

Top Bottom