SunPulse lamps 4k,6.5k,3k,and10k

• Thread starter heavydutykevork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Very good, highly recommend them. I managed to pull 14 oz from one plant under a 400w 3k and 10 k in the last weeks.
QUOTE]

Nice, but with your skills we can only guess how much extra you could of had if you used normal hps bulbs

r u serious have u tried them???? stay in the past i'll mess with the future.:cool0041:

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
yes, perhaps I could have pulled more, but the finished product was by far the best SSSDH I have ever smoked. I have not been able to replicate that overal health, resin coverage, calyx number and turpine profile since. I will run those two bulbs again I think. I can feel another run coming up with these. I do love the 10k. Fucking love it.

U

ultrasonic

Well the babies are well into their veg now, and are about 13 inches tall, growing almost an inch every day.

The first things i've noticed over the CFLs I used to grow the mother are
1) the leaves are getting HUGE... as big as my hand- half as large as they ever got with CFLS.
2) the branching is happening much tighter - nodes are no more than an inch apart
3) rapid growth.

I've been using the lucas forumula @ 5/10. I will be switching over to 8/16 next change out.

I'm looking forward to my 10k... theherbalizor.... How are you using your 10k? They say final week, but i'd use it for the final two? what about you.

Peace all, back up with updates as they come. If you're intereted, you can find my journal at 420mag, my username is Ultrasonic.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Well the babies are well into their veg now, and are about 13 inches tall, growing almost an inch every day.

The first things i've noticed over the CFLs I used to grow the mother are
1) the leaves are getting HUGE... as big as my hand- half as large as they ever got with CFLS.
2) the branching is happening much tighter - nodes are no more than an inch apart
3) rapid growth.

I've been using the lucas forumula @ 5/10. I will be switching over to 8/16 next change out.

I'm looking forward to my 10k... theherbalizor.... How are you using your 10k? They say final week, but i'd use it for the final two? what about you.

Peace all, back up with updates as they come. If you're intereted, you can find my journal at 420mag, my username is Ultrasonic.

what up bro.. thx for sharing,, jus wondering how close you have them to your plants?i got mine like 4 inches away and they loveit:pimp:

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
yes, perhaps I could have pulled more, but the finished product was by far the best SSSDH I have ever smoked. I have not been able to replicate that overal health, resin coverage, calyx number and turpine profile since. I will run those two bulbs again I think. I can feel another run coming up with these. I do love the 10k. Fucking love it.

Thanx bro for chiming in. I feel as if there has been a thread you and I have chimed in on before just like this lol.

Ultrasonic anytime mang. Too many people will claim one thing or another without using the product or not giving it the proper test time. I know a guy who bought one and then stopped using it after a week because the "color" was not to his liking lol. But hey what ever floats your boat. :character0053:

U

ultrasonic

I've got my 1000w about 18 inches away, cooled at by a 1/2 power vortex - it's like this mostly because of heat and light distribution issues - i will be installing a light mover 1/2 way through flowering that should allow me to get it dramatically closer.

Herbilizer, i'd love to hear more about that 10k

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I tried these last grow and am gonna go back to regular hps for flower. I feel like for 600w, if only using one bulb, get better results with hps than with these bulbs. I think if you were running multiple lights with a light mover these might be better, but all the extra light you get from the 600w hps vs 600w sunpulse, in flower, gives bigger yeilds. For veg i will still stick with these sunpulse, although also am gonna try out an ushio soon.

JB

S

SlowTwitch

Sun Pulse tubes

Hey grow peeps:

I've been reading up on this series and am quite stoked by the debate. I'm a med CG and have been growing for a few years (this time around). not an old pro, but getting it down and always up for more grow-know.

I've been flowering in a 6.3' X 6.3' hut for quite awhile with a dual-tube AC hood. At first with 2 1000 watt hort hps tubes on NextGen digital ballasts. For S & Gs I started mixing in a mh tube instead of both hps tubes to see what's what. I loved the results, so much that I bought SunPulse tubes and just started them last week -- one 4k and one 6.4k.

I agree on most of what I've read on the SP tubes, they are real different -- color, brightness, etc. And I've read/heard that the manufacturer doesn't let the real info out--trade secret -- what-the-fuck-ever! All I know for certain is that I got WAY more resin using the mh tube together with the hps. Yields were up, but I'd switched strains and started using some killer foliar feed that exploded my plants, so I can't verify that. BUT, I was very impressed with the results, so I went SunPulse this time.

I'll be watching this to see what all you other growbros think, and I'll respond with what I think as well. Damn it's nice to find you guys as I feel so alone here in my little world sometimes haha.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Havent been here for a while sorry,, been very busy.. but now I got a good camera and new room so going to post some pics of the bulbs and the grow to show ya'll how they work. I have a two 3k's and two 4k's in right now and jus put plants in 2 days ago straight to 24 hrs dark time from cloner. Last week will place 2 10k's in for the 4k's.
IMG 0038

IMG 0042

IMG 0044

IMG 0045

IMG 0062

B

billybadazz

Here's my .02......each sunpulse $145.00 X 3 (all the 3 spectrums they say you should use) or 1 $110.00 superHPS (my prices at local shop) I'm willing to bet if you take the cost vs. yield increase you will be wasting $$$ but if you got it to blow then Kudos....however I don't and HPS is still king of flowering last time I checked and with my 1 year warranty on my HPS'S from my shop I haven't bought a bulb in 3 years so I actually applaud them burning out in my didital ballasts....free bulb!!! And as for the sunpulses how come my shop won't warranty them and said they were going to quit selling them??? Like LED's I will give them 5 more years until you consumers do all the companies research and developement for them for free and tell them how to improve there products. I never buy ANY "new" tech shit for this reason 1. It's going to be half the price in 2 years 2. It will be 3 times better in 2 years anyways...IMO

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Well i finished a crop in my dual 600 power grwo and the sunpulse out performed the horti in every aspect taste,yield,crystal content,and heat!!! so I will be sticking with but if your happy with what you got dont fix it. Peace HDK

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks VE, just trying to keep up with technology i've used al ot of diff bulbs and i can honestly say SunPulse kills them all!!! in all aspects I grow in small place so heat elimination is major and sunpulse are as cool as the other side of the pillow compared to other bulbs...going digital babyyy!!!

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
as for the 14k and 20k never herd of them???

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah there was mention of the 14 and 20k bulbs in the original sales blurb, but they never made it to the uk.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats crazy wonder what they would use those for??? I thought the 10k was alittle crazy but after I used it I sure didn't!!! love the 10k!!

Tripsick

Tripsick

where does everyone get their lamps? is there a cheap site or are all prices about the same.

I see they are distributed by hydrofarm. so they should be about every place.

And even on their site they only sell up to 10k no 14k or 20k

Sales Blurb from their site.
The 600w lamp is available in Kelvin ratings of 3k, 4k, 6.4k, 10k, 14k and 20k

* Designed to work with certified electronic and digital electronic ballasts

* Even lamp life approx (20,000 hrs) with little color shift or loss of FT-CD output

* Sun Pulse 600w lamps have been out for many years; field tested, and approved.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
I googled it and found some for a little cheaper but there quality bulbs and worth the price imho.

justiceman

justiceman

Here's my .02......each sun pulse $145.00 X 3 (all the 3 spectrum's they say you should use) or 1 $110.00 superHPS (my prices at local shop) I'm willing to bet if you take the cost vs. yield increase you will be wasting $$$ but if you got it to blow then Kudos....however I don't and HPS is still king of flowering last time I checked and with my 1 year warranty on my HPS'S from my shop I haven't bought a bulb in 3 years so I actually applaud them burning out in my digital ballasts....free bulb!!! And as for the sun pulses how come my shop won't warranty them and said they were going to quit selling them??? Like LED's I will give them 5 more years until you consumers do all the companies research and development for them for free and tell them how to improve there products. I never buy ANY "new" tech shit for this reason 1. It's going to be half the price in 2 years 2. It will be 3 times better in 2 years anyways...IMO

Here is what I think. Let's say you buy for $145. so 6.4k, 3k, and 10k. That's $435 for 3 lamps. Then you buy 4 hortilux's for $440. Sun pulse has a 2 year warranty and claims that their is little lumen loss and color shift over that period of time especially if kept cool. Hortilux has a 1 year warranty. People usually replace their Hortilux once a year or they blow out prematurely in digi's.

Let's say you do a 21(18/6) day veg and a 70(12/12) day flower for number purposes so you could do 4 runs in 364 days.

The hortilux would have a total of 4872 hours of running time on it if used alone.

Now for the sun pulse running times 6.4k(18/6 veg 21 days) 3k(12/12 flower 56 days) 10k(12/12 flower 14 days) You have to split the 3k and 10k in the flower days because you use the 10k for the last two weeks.

The 6.4k would have 1512 hours. The 3k would have 2688 hours. The 10k would have 672 hours.

So if you ran the sun pulse lamps for the same amount as the hortilux(4872 hours) then the 6.4k theoretically could last you roughly 3 years(4546hours). The 3k would last you roughly 1 year and 9 months(4838 hours). The 10k would last your roughly 7 years and 3 months lol(4872 hours)

So basically the more lamps you buy the time lessens for each lamp you run and it can be used for a longer period of time(well same hours for the lamp but stretched out over a longer time period)

another perspective:

Let's just say you only want to use the 3k witch they recommend for 1 lamp systems. Yes it costs about 35 dollars more per lamp but the warranty is twice as long. If you divide the cost by the warranty that means you would only be paying $72.50 a year instead of $110 a year if you replaced your lamp every 2 years instead of once a year.

I do however agree that if your horti breaks in your digi and you keep on getting fresh lamps I suppose that is cool but the incompatibility could also be stressing out your ballast.

So to me it sounds more like a long term investment that actually ends up being cheaper if you keep track of lamp hours and change them accordingly. Sun pulse warranty guarantees that their lamps run for 17520 hours(24 hours a day 365 days a year for 2 years) with little or no color shift and lumen loss. Hortilux warranty guarantees that their lamps run for 8760 hours(24 hours a day 365 days a year for 1 year) and doesn't not say anything about color shift or lumen loss. Both lamps are suppose to be able to run for 20,000. Interesting how Sun Pulse guarantees practically the whole life of the lamp where Hortilux doesn't even guarantee half.

yezmar420

yezmar420

Hey all..so I went into my room earlier and found the light off??...take a look at my 1000 Hortilux HPS and notice it looked fried, had some pieces loose in it, luckily I had a spare 1000 MH to hold me over until I get a new bulb. I only got one 70 day cycle out of that bulb..that sucks..

I had heard about these bulbs and did a quick search and found this thread...

So to confirm..for a single light setup, best bulb is the 3K and to get extra special results finish off with the 10k?

Can I expect less of a yield as opposed to the Hortilux? I always liked the results of the Horti vs. regular HPS, regular seems so blah when it's done. The Horti seems to give me better results, will this even be better?...any advice is highly appreciated...

Top Bottom