SUPER MITES!! When FLORAMITE wont work...

• Thread starter COCOLOCO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

This is what kills my supermites when Floramite wont. Forbid/ Avid switching back and forth on 3 day intervals. CocoWet and a ph drop to 4.5-5 is also crucial. Also spray evrything tops,bottoms ,media,floor, walls, equipt. etc EVERYTHING. Have also done 2 Co2 poisonings. Going to keep this going up to 2 weeks into flower to be sure then foliar wash the f*ck out of them the last few days I can in early flower w RO and seaweed... I guess what doesnt destroy you makes you a better grower but f*ck please never again.

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Also be sure to wear PROPER gear when working with these chemicals they are NO JOKE! Chemical rated suit / Resperator/ and eye protection are a must. Be sure everything is chemical/pesticide rated. Im not talkin about a long sleeve shirt and sanding mask from Home Depot...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This is what kills my supermites when Floramite wont. Forbid/ Avid switching back and forth on 3 day intervals. CocoWet and a ph drop to 4.5-5 is also crucial. Also spray evrything tops,bottoms ,media,floor, walls, equipt. etc EVERYTHING. Have also done 2 Co2 poisonings. Going to keep this going up to 2 weeks into flower to be sure then foliar wash the f*ck out of them the last few days I can in early flower w RO and seaweed... I guess what doesnt destroy you makes you a better grower but f*ck please never again.
You went fucking nuclear on their asses, damn.... Much respect for your diligence and success, brother.
Also be sure to wear PROPER gear when working with these chemicals they are NO JOKE! Chemical rated suit / Resperator/ and eye protection are a must. Be sure everything is chemical/pesticide rated. Im not talkin about a long sleeve shirt and sanding mask from Home Depot...
This SO bears repeating, so I am.

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Little bastards left me no choice...lol. Thanks Seamaiden and thanks for your help!

C

Cloud 99

I used a homemade mixture of rosemary oil, neem oil and it worked excellently. just posted a thread in this section.

O

Ole Hoot

kill the mites in the veg room

have used the pest strip with great success only in the veg room with plants remove any flowered or wait till its done dont trust it that much but sure works

J

JoE_AnTiX77

no predators?? id want to try a ladybug or something before all these other products

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Azamax in a drench application several times over consistently till they are gone. Meaning every feed. With recirculating, I let it run minimum 1 week and more than likely do a 2nd week. Do it right the first time and clean up and they will not be back. You play with them too much and pretty soon they will be on steroids kicking the shit out of your ladies. Example of this is you just took regular mites (karate kid) and turned them steven segal, and your girls are the bad guys suffering the vengeance. Now if you get them with flying crane kick they wont know what hit them, but it looks like you sissy kicked, and now they are back commando style. Capish?

Bottle is expensive but you will only need it when bringing in new clones.. Or when you have a outbreak like now which in the future you should not have as long as you find the source of the problem. Take care.

B

bastard_x

Spider mites cant reproduce in consistant temps of 70 degrees f or below . Quarantine and remove infected plants possibly salvage for bubble hash. start fresh at lower temps.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Forbid works really well. I had them bad. I bought Forbid w/ some pink shit you mix together and did it again 1 week later seems to have taken them out but they like to rear their ugly heads late into flower. Atleast thats been I`ve experianced

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Oh if you use Forbid I would wear gloves and a longsleave shirt for days after you spray when working in the garden. The residue left on the plants will make you itch like a mutha!!! It did me anyways and I know that can`t be good for the skin. I was sooo tired of battling them I went to the strongest shit I could find. Be done with it and no growers coming over and no new plants coming in without a quarantine. Also be very carefull when doing yard work and what you do with your cloths afterwards. I know it sounds fundamental but many people forget especially new growers.

C

Coco4Coco

Thanks all for the input. So heres the plan. Im goin with Forbid and Co2 poisoning for my major knockdown. Then will do IPM w Azatrol and Spinosad oncemites/eggs are gone. I like Eagle20 for any PM issues but not for IPM. Curious does anyone know the residual period on the Forbid? any ph preferences Jack? Also found the kelp info and PH when using Floramite interesting..

I personally do not use Avid, Floramite, Forbid, or Eagle 20 during flower.
ONLY in veg. They say it stays in the plant for 28 days...

I have heard of a lady in Santa Cruz that sprayed her flowers in last month of bloom and died after she smoked some of it.

C

Coco4Coco

no predators?? id want to try a ladybug or something before all these other products

Well my first grow I bought the predator mites...
and they were in bloom...
SO I had that damn corn meal stuff they send them in
stuck to all my buds...
MAN was that a Pain in the azzz harvest .. .
Having to pick little corm meal flakes off the sticky buds...
Will never do that again....
aaaaaaaaaaaah the fun when it's your first grow...
and to top it off I think the predator mites were dead when I got them
The mites won...

C

Coco4Coco

Bamboo Pole trick

Hello Seamaiden. Thanks for the great advice im going to give your bamboo trick a try. As far as the Fordid, how long did it take to completly wipe out your sons problem? I sprayed tuesday and still have mites alive friday... Bayer says 4-10 days... Killed many but theres still alot that seem unaffected?
Well my first grow night mare with Mites
I had bamboo poles for support that were taller than the plants
at the end they were climbing up the bamboo poles
and making webs on top of them...
they actually were not as bad on the plants...
and I cleaned off the webs on the buds daily till harvest
what a pain... but the bamboo poles did distract a bunch of them...
was funny watching the lines of them climbing the poles...
Makes me itch thinking about em... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

icanfarm

icanfarm

I use pest strips and azatrol might try that lemon vinager n baking soda cure keep my room cool takes a bit longer to flower but seems to help with criters ect... I have a buddy said to ph water to like 8 or some thing and get it cold and spray never tryed this. Im not sure how late to use the azatrol in bloom either

D

Domore09

Thank you to everyone who posted their experiences with any of the control methods mentioned. Must have scanned 100 other pages of copy and paste product info bs before i found this one full of useful methods, ideas and warnings. First time grower here (indoor) and found mites (small in my opinion but maybe not?) on 4-5 plants about 8-9 days ago and nuked hard with avid twice, 3 days apart under direction of an 'associate'. Switched to bud 5 days ago, and after doing my homework arent convinced i eradicted the problem even tho things seem good. Really just want some legit facts on Avid and its toxicity, toxin lifespan (?) on or within plant and if its use during budding is even close to accepted by the average toker. Cant find anything through searchs that satisfies my need to these answers. I know there is alternatives, but right now its all i got.
sorry for the novel
cheers

Y

Ya...The Pizza

Hey yall, gotta question. I want to switch from the spray rotation I've been using(floramite, forbid, azatrol, einstein oil), to a combo of destroyer mites and predatory nematodes. The question I have is how many days should I spray my plants with water before I add in the beneficial bugs? I know I can't add them too soon or they wont live. Any help???

F

FrostyBob

Always worth trying some ladybugs, cant lose when you can buy 1500 for under $10 at any local nursery. Just got a batch last week, can never have to many Lady Bug Cops on the patrol. If interested, you might want to hurry; lady bug buying season is down to days!!!

I hear Co2 is very beneficial for mite destruction, mites breath oxygen not Co2. I guess what im saying is maybe you can look into Co2 suffication :), best of luck.

Top Bottom