Surf's multi-room living organic soil fabric pot beds

• Thread starter surfguitar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
surfguitar

surfguitar

Thanks green

Some pics from today:snaphappy: everyone got a oyster shell foliar, crab meal top dress and sprouted seed tea today. Probably gonna flip this room around tuesday. Got some powdered plants in the mail for top dressing, probably gonna throw in some next watering.
Photo 51
Photo 52
Photo 50
Photo 53
Photo 54

Patanjali

Patanjali

Sweet, is that a vortex? Love the Horsetail powder! I just scored some shredded horsetail at natural grocers. I top dressed all my plants with it. And what's your favorite seed to sprout?

Peace!
P-

surfguitar

surfguitar

Hey p! I have a airlift brewer that I've been lazy about that needs to be glue sealed, my pumps so loud so I barely use it atm(that will change soon tho hopefully). That pic is just a 2 gal water container I vortexed by hand for about 15 minutes ;)

I like barley as I think it has one of the highest enzymes content and it's $2/lb organic at wholefoods down the street.

surfguitar

surfguitar

I see you're using KIS products. Too bad we couldn't keep CT_Guy and Microbeman here.
Can't recommend KIS enough, especially for the smaller scale growers looking to get into organic soil. I've talked to them on the phone and they are very helpful! Shame they didn't stick around, both very knowledge guys

i never had heard of sprouted seed teas, after reading your thread i did some googling... sounds badass, i am going to try this tomorrow :)
They are definitely badass and you can't beat the price :) 1lb of seeds could in theory make around 50+ gallons. Compare that to sensizym at $30/liter

I'd tell you where 'they' got the idea, but who knows what can of worms that'll open up.
I'm always interested in the back story of where these ideas came from, not really one for controversy tho. The one thing I do know these methods work marvelously from what I can tell so far and are just plain easy!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I will simply say that, even if they say otherwise, they didn't think of it first. Just as with the whole 'living soil' thing, they're just banking on something someone else has done.

Not so with KIS and Microbeman.

neverbreak

neverbreak

what's the yarrow n horsetail do as a top dressin?

neverbreak

surfguitar

surfguitar

what's the yarrow n horsetail do as a top dressin?

neverbreak
They are both dynamic nutrient accumulators so they have a wide array of nutrients, I was also supposed to get some comfrey in the mail yesterday but it looks like the they lost it:finger: Same deal, it has a 15foot tap root that goes deep into the rocky layers of the soil and concentrates nutrients.

Buying is only temporary, just as the compost. I have some yarrow seeds and bocking comfrey cuttings coming on monday so hopefully I can get those going outside and get some nice biomass in a couple months

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Horsetail specifically is great for Si.

Surf, consider also using what's already growing well around you. For example, I've been using the various Oxalis spp as FPJs, as well as woolly mullein, and I've seen good vigor and growth in response, thus allowing me to use even less of purchased inputs. When it's growing I'll do purple vetch. I won't mess with bull thistle, that shit just HURTS, plus I have a species of ant that farms aphids on it and my gut says don't mess with that.

surfguitar

surfguitar

Thanks for the heads up sea! I plan to do a little more foraging in the near future, I wanna get kelp, sea shells, animal bones, rocks and various plants

surfguitar

surfguitar

Got my new soil mixes all mixed up on saturday, I ended up getting these grow rocks as my aeration. Pretty cool little product, maybe a little big but shouldn't matter to much I think.
Photo 55

Getting super messy in my small back yard
Photo 57

Ys mix:
Photo 58

Cootz mix(it was getting dark as this point :blackalien:)
Photo 59

Got a kick out of this product
Photo 56

pure CaCo3 for 29.99! I made sure to buy every pack they had!:facepalm:

Think I'm gonna finish off my 400w room and get started on the new room tomorrow, probably end up flipping to flower on tuesday.

thump easy

thump easy

ow man a friend of mine told me about extream tee i didnt like it at all ill send you the rest of my pack if you want it i love vermi tea i tried that tea thinking it would bring back one of my best moms i think it just finish her off!!! i came back 3 days later hit it with vermie and it the rest made it.. i dont know but it sead use full strenth the only reason i used it was because vermi was out but mabe it was me just had a bad experience with it..

surfguitar

surfguitar

Extreme tea is definitely garbage haha send it to the dump

I dunno that I would buy anything labeled vermi tea from a store. High quality worm compost bubbledfor 36 hrs with some molasses is probably cheaper and a much higher quality product

thump easy

thump easy

realy i always loved that shit i mean id leave on some crazzy trip cuz i got a girl if it was just me i be knee deep up in this grow thing like way back when but i got a better half and i some time gota leave i cant trust people with my genetics its like the x padition days mother fucker get greedy and snip a cut after the long as years of crop after crop round after round hand picking the gems refining the ones and next thing i know there on a menue or someone got them from someone i just dont trust it anymore pluss i dont like to be in a cage, cage fighting for 7 cent kool aid pack, so i just have to let them be for a few days and come home to them berly alive and thats what usualy brings them back to life thank got for silver spray thats my next move and i will finally take a real vaction after this next year man i so needing it... but thats what usualy bring them back from almost death i guess if i was smart i put it on a timer and let it drink but arguements lead to sper of the moment OK LETS GO FUCK IT BETTER TAKE 2 DAYS FUCK!!!! and thats how it happends.. lolz

surfguitar

surfguitar

I'm a pretty trust worthy person haha ;)

You could try making a little ghetto self irrigating planter, get some watering trays fill them up with perlite and fill up with water to about 1-2 in from the top of the perlite and put your plant containers on top. The water will wick up and feed your plants while your away :)

surfguitar

surfguitar

Little update! Took 4 clones each from the clay pot mothers and transplanted those gals into the 1k room, gonna be installing some type of screen in this room in the next day or two.
Photo 63
Photo 62

400watt room is getting the flip tomorrow most likely :cool:
Photo 64
Photo 65

Put exactly 20 worms in each 10gal SP of the soil mixes and mulched them with some oat hay then threw a canvas drop cloth over everything to insulate it a bit.
Photo 66
Photo 67

SOme dried white s1 nugs from last round, this stuff is some potent smoke :couchpotato:
Photo 68

Top Bottom