TAsteBudZ Bubble Runtz... (4x2 & 4x4 Winter Grow)

• Thread starter Week4Bytch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
The cooler weather always minimizes the fungus gnats, and we've had some weird cooler days and nights here in the desert, I'm not complaining, far from that, I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Usually doesn't begin to cool off till end of October. I'll take it. We dropped some cover crop seeds couple days ago. Gonna give the hay a break this go around for that mulch layer. Cover crop should do the trick. And getting my usual tools lined up for another exciting grow. I'm really anxious for the flip in about 3 weeks from now, maybe sooner. I'm counting on the Ocean Forest at the bottom to carry a lot of the weight. We have a whole 1.5 cubic foot of the goodness at the bottom. I have my handy and favorite sprayer to lightly mist the ladies at least once a day and my soil moisture meter for them days I want to water when they really don't need it. I have a heavy hand .
PXL 20231003 020039339PORTRAIT
PXL 20231003 020027963PORTRAIT
PXL 20231003 020155662NIGHT

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I forgot what it means if your just growing out 3 bladed leaves, maybe some pH problems, and I forgot what it means if your getting 9 blades, my brother n law use to get excited about it... so to the public THC... Stoked to have 9 Blades... 😁
PXL 20231006 0322064992

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Getting some slow growth at the top and that's usually associated with the soils pH being off a little. Most agree that 6-6.5 is the ideal "soil" range for cannabis. I tested my soil last night and my suspicion was correct, its currently at 7.3. I agree that an established soil would correct this but since we redid the soil (poured it from old pots and re amended) I'm far from that "established" soil. I believe it takes a few grows to really have some sort of "established" soil. No till. Anyways I repeat this a lot on my grow diaries so nothing new for those following me but the go to fix is some good ole earth worm castings tea. We have that brewing right now. We also trimmed some large fan leaves off the top area so that the lower branches can get some energy from the lights.
PXL 20231008 160834268
PXL 20231008 1608398942

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Getting some slow growth at the top and that's usually associated with the soils pH being off a little. Most agree that 6-6.5 is the ideal "soil" range for cannabis. I tested my soil last night and my suspicion was correct, its currently at 7.3. I agree that an established soil would correct this but since we redid the soil (poured it from old pots and re amended) I'm far from that "established" soil. I believe it takes a few grows to really have some sort of "established" soil. No till. Anyways I repeat this a lot on my grow diaries so nothing new for those following me but the go to fix is some good ole earth worm castings tea. We have that brewing right now. We also trimmed some large fan leaves off the top area so that the lower branches can get some energy from the lights.
View attachment 2055306View attachment 2055307
Doc gotta ask. What is all that shit growing down there. That stuff will bring nothing but problems. But plant looks good

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Doc gotta ask. What is all that shit growing down there. That stuff will bring nothing but problems. But plant looks good
I plan on chopping it down in a bit ( I use scissors to keep it low and use the chopped foliage as a mulch layer). , I get mixed reports on the use of cover crops, so far so good no "major" problems with using it. My last grow was with straw as a mulch layer. I mostly use mulch layers to keep the top soil moist to retain the beneficial active bacteria. I might at some point (like I did the last time I used it) just pull it out entirely and drop the straw back in.

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

I plan on chopping it down in a bit ( I use scissors to keep it low and use the chopped foliage as a mulch layer). , I get mixed reports on the use of cover crops, so far so good no "major" problems with using it. My last grow was with straw as a mulch layer. I mostly use mulch layers to keep the top soil moist to retain the beneficial active bacteria. I might at some point (like I did the last time I used it) just pull it out entirely and drop the straw back in.
One point of advice from dirt up to around 10-12 inches keep clean. No vegetation. All that will do is bring bugs, diseases, and mold issues.🌲👀💯

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Anyways cover crops are also useful if you think the soil is a little too "rich", they absorb some nutrients and when you chop and drop them they slowly release it back into the soil. Just have to be on top of it, and not let it overtake your main plant.

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Anyways cover crops are also useful if you think the soil is a little too "rich", they absorb some nutrients and when you chop and drop them they slowly release it back into the soil. Just have to be on top of it, and not let it overtake your main plant.
Doc, the purpose of indoor grow. Is to isolate one specimen from another. I keep a garden. I know about companion plants. So are you trying to bring outdoors in. But have fun and keep learning.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Doc, the purpose of indoor grow. Is to isolate one specimen from another. I keep a garden. I know about companion plants. So are you trying to bring outdoors in. But have fun and keep learning.
I understand, and yes I'm trying to bring the outdoor biology (living soil) to my indoor grows. The cover crop increases the biodiversity in my soil. But none of it is as easy as they make it to be, "just add water" is the living soil anthem but it's not entirely true.

"A living soil is one with a healthy community of microbes that work together to break down organic matter within the soil. This then releases valuable nutrients for ongoing growth. Living soil should be rich in the desired bacteria, protozoa, arthropods, nematodes and fungi. One benefit of using living soil is the increased chance of being able to complete the grow without the need for bottled nutrients - simplifying the grow. With correct conditioning the soil can also be re-used several times." - Dutch Passion

Last edited:
Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

You mean around the pots or the plant itself?
10-12 inch from dirt to leaves or bud. Keep open for good air flow. Just through growing keep bottom leaves out of dirt and move up as plants grow. Not allowing airflow between dirt and bottom of plant. Can cause bugs, mold and infections. Try to stay clean and have fun

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
10-12 inch from dirt to leaves or bud. Keep open for good air flow. Just through growing keep bottom leaves out of dirt and move up as plants grow. Not allowing airflow between dirt and bottom of plant. Can cause bugs, mold and infections. Try to stay clean and have fun
Great advice, thanks.

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

I understand, and yes I'm trying to bring the outdoor biology (living soil) to my indoor grows. The cover crop increases the biodiversity in my soil. But none of it is as easy as they make it to be, "just add water" is the living soil anthem but it's not entirely true.

"A living soil is one with a healthy community of microbes that work together to break down organic matter within the soil. This then releases valuable nutrients for ongoing growth. Living soil should be rich in the desired bacteria, protozoa, arthropods, nematodes and fungi. One benefit of using living soil is the increased chance of being able to complete the grow without the need for bottled nutrients - simplifying the grow. With correct conditioning the soil can also be re-used several times." - Dutch Passion
Doc, living soil in different than companion planting.

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Leave outdoors, outside. Indoors is more controlled. 2 different beast

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

i like the idea of reusing the soil, as i use quite a lot of the stuff. when i finish i cut the root base out / stem and rebag the soil up. plus its more natural bet the smoke tastes amazing.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
We've decided to flip today. The stretch should be done by the end of October, and flowering done by New Years. Some time in November we'll be adding another variant to share the tent for flowering. Shooting from the hip folks. We're gonna be top dressing with some Seabird Guano tonight. Half a cup each pot abouts. I am not getting caught with my pants down this grow with insufficient Calcium and Phosphorous. Bring it Stretchy Pants.. We ready. 😁

Last edited:
Top Bottom