Tea Recipe

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

if i were to use your tea recipe in a UC, would i add 1 cup of brewed tea per gal of water thats been PH and nutes added ? how long once a tea is brewed will it keep ? will it keep longer if it can be refrigerated or will that make it go dormant ?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
if i were to use your tea recipe in a UC, would i add 1 cup of brewed tea per gal of water thats been PH and nutes added ? how long once a tea is brewed will it keep ? will it keep longer if it can be refrigerated or will that make it go dormant ?

1 cup of tea per 5 gallons of water in the UC.

Tea needs to be used right away (I say after 12-24 hours of brewing)
Don't refrigerate. Use fresh.

You can probably get away with cuttign ingredients and brewing just a gallon or 2.

Are you changing water every week or do you let it ride only doing top offs?

squiggly

squiggly

You can probably get away with cuttign ingredients and brewing just a gallon or 2.

I've taken to brewing 2 Liters at a time. I just didn't need that much more

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I've taken to brewing 2 Liters at a time. I just didn't need that much more

What are you using for this? I bet that a lot of smaller scale growers would benefit from your set up. I thought a gallon pitcher would be perfect.

squiggly

squiggly

What are you using for this? I bet that a lot of smaller scale growers would benefit from your set up. I thought a gallon pitcher would be perfect.

An old 4 liter compression sprayer bottle.

This way I can put it in a container tray to easily catch any spillover from foam. A pitcher would work just fine though I imagine.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

i let it ride for as long as i can ,only doing top offs . what would you suggest using your tea ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Capulator, I just shared your site on my Facebook. Is there a widget that allows it to show a thumbnail? Your little Microbial-warrior would be awfully cute. ;) :D

Which reminds me, my kids need a feed of the Nute Pack! Got it going yesterday.

L

larebowm

Hey cap placed an order last night excited to try this out.check your pm

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
i let it ride for as long as i can ,only doing top offs . what would you suggest using your tea ?

Well, I think that even though UC says you can go a whole run without doing a changeout, some of the bigger players change their nuts weekly. I run an MPB (similar concept) and I change out the water weekly, and sometimes bi weekly.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Capulator, I just shared your site on my Facebook. Is there a widget that allows it to show a thumbnail? Your little Microbial-warrior would be awfully cute. ;) :D

Which reminds me, my kids need a feed of the Nute Pack! Got it going yesterday.

FACEBOOK!?!?! I don't know about a widget I'm old school. I'll ask my web guy.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Well, I think that even though UC says you can go a whole run without doing a changeout, some of the bigger players change their nuts weekly. I run an MPB (similar concept) and I change out the water weekly, and sometimes bi weekly.
cap i need to pick your brain for a minute . if everything seems to be running in harmony can you tell me why you fell the need to make weekly or biweekly change out ?
i start making weekly change outs at about week 7 as i start dropping ppm's . i use CS nutes .
thanks

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

What Sea said ^. Facebook advertising is reasonably priced, TONS of people see that stuff. If your into the stats thing you can watch the count of people that see/click/like/share your advert. Would be a great idea, most adverts are the size of the avatar on the side here, the fun part is reaching your niche using a small picture .;)

I'm about to use kelp and alfala in my recipe instead of simple EWC, blackstrap and the three pack. Excited to see any variance ! Thanks Cap, we are really these packs to work here in Canada.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
cap i need to pick your brain for a minute . if everything seems to be running in harmony can you tell me why you fell the need to make weekly or biweekly change out ?
i start making weekly change outs at about week 7 as i start dropping ppm's . i use CS nutes .
thanks

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Do your thing!!!

I change weekly on habit. Been doing it for 15 years or so. The old hydro rule is that you should change the water when the plants have drank 2/3 of the capacity of the system. Could be an old wives tale or a general rule of thumb...

I am no expert. I think if you can find a balance you have nailed it. You may want to look in to biofilters or even bags with washed lava to place in the epicenter. This will give bennies something to colonize. They will need a food source, so if you are using CS you will need to also add a small amount of molasse.

What I would do is crown feed full strength only at first enough to saturate, maybe a cup or 2 per site. See where that takes you.

You may want to ask desert squirrel or UCMENOW or someone with more experience in changeouts, or even CC. I know on the bottle there is a recommended dose for weeks 1-8, which to me implies a weekly changeout. Unless you have sophisticated sensors and can monitor individual ppms of NPK Ca etc.. its kind of a crapshoot to know what the plants are using and what they arent.. IMHO

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Yeah Cap.....OGBIOWAR needs a FB page....for sure! It's a great way for people to learn about your product. I know Jack has been repping OGB on IC....but the more of a presence on the web you have....the better.

Hell my dog has a FB page.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Do your thing!!!

I change weekly on habit. Been doing it for 15 years or so. The old hydro rule is that you should change the water when the plants have drank 2/3 of the capacity of the system. Could be an old wives tale or a general rule of thumb...

I am no expert. I think if you can find a balance you have nailed it. You may want to look in to biofilters or even bags with washed lava to place in the epicenter. This will give bennies something to colonize. They will need a food source, so if you are using CS you will need to also add a small amount of molasse.

What I would do is crown feed full strength only at first enough to saturate, maybe a cup or 2 per site. See where that takes you.

You may want to ask desert squirrel or UCMENOW or someone with more experience in changeouts, or even CC. I know on the bottle there is a recommended dose for weeks 1-8, which to me implies a weekly changeout. Unless you have sophisticated sensors and can monitor individual ppms of NPK Ca etc.. its kind of a crapshoot to know what the plants are using and what they arent.. IMHO
Red Volcanic Lava Rock from Mojave Desert . if i put something like this in a strainer bag would this be sufficient enough for colonizing ?
thanks !

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Big, I think yes, anything that provides homes for the microbes, and bio-balls are that.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
i don't want to be a pain in the ass But , i want to get this right . would bio-filter media ball be sufficient ?

Yes. And if you are close to a koi supply place you can get this really cool stuff that is like plastic straws all chopped up, and that goes in a net bag. Great for housing microbes. They also have bio mats for biofilters.

Washed lava will be fine though.

Top Bottom