Tell us something unique about your growing style or an admission of something that goes against grower wisdom.

• Thread starter jguit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I've been growing in a RDWC system for the past 8 years maybe 20 successful grows.

Was told when i started that it would have to chose between a live or sterile system. Was told i would have to add hydroguard or something similar to fight the bad bacteria.

I've added nothing since i started in this 8 years ago.

I figure I've been running on borrowed time but with 20 successful grows and no real slim issues that i know of I see no reason to change what im doing.

4 plants at a time, gh 3part, water at 68 deg. I have a 70 gal reservoir that i fill with ro water and add 3 ml/gal cal mag, that reservoir is fed via float valve. All nutrients are then added daily to the epi center according to their needs/wants

Screenshot 20210306 181701 Gallery

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

...but how much time do you spend worrying about you grow while on vacation? Can you do it without someone checking them for you?
I don't know how to worry. I tend to just expect the worse, blow up when it happens, fix it and expect karma to bite me at every end.

I already did a partial harvest. The res is full and will last at least 5 days before needing ph adjustments or a top off. 75 gallon capacity for 6 plants. I'm only feeding them water at this point, ppms 800 and dropping.

My fear is not related to hydro issues lol, its light issues that even soil growers would worry about. Im fallponics with airstones. So if my air pump kicks out I still have waterfalls from my pump, and vice versa. They will be just fine without a pump.

Thing is I'm impatient and if I didn't leave I would be harvesting some buds that really need to be in there longer lol.. I've seen what they can become, the frosting that is. I usually harvest at 70% red hairs. Since these will be in longer than that.. I'll actually see if it's worth it to let them cook longer.

I think the comedy show were going to should help with those worries anyways.

I actually have a flower room and veg room both decent hydro systems.. And shit drying... As Ive said.. I make hydro look easy. Here's a vid from 2 days ago. These close ups of the buds do no justice.

rDWCNoob

rDWCNoob

I started as a beginner and went straight to rockwool and would recommend it over anything else for a new grower who is growing indoors. Theres fewer variables to control compared to soil. Cleaner, no bugs, next to impossible to overwater. You can water it by hand no matter what anyone tells you, it wont be optimal but your first grows arent going to be regardless of your medium.

Anderslam69

Anderslam69

Oh God.. I gotta remember to read current posts before replying to a thread hahaha. I see the mood in here has changed from serious to poop talk hahaha

I dont aerate my resivoir, I use H2O2 and that's enough

I aim for a long cool day before chop rather than 24-48hrs dark

Never foliar feed anything

I reuse all my runoff

I defoliate the ever living snot out of my plants.
Do you use a stirring pump?

Static23

Static23

I have found that doubling veg time while maintaining 24-0 light regimen for auto flowering plants results in increased quality and quantity
I’ve talked to other growers who do the 24-0 light regimen with success. I grow a ton of autos (23 at the moment) and I do 18-6 light schedule. I feel like the plants need that dark time. The thing I can’t wrap my head around is doubling veg time. I’m under the impression that because they are autos, you have no control over when they go into flower. If you can’t control that, then how do you double the veg time?

E9noxis

E9noxis

I’ve talked to other growers who do the 24-0 light regimen with success. I grow a ton of autos (23 at the moment) and I do 18-6 light schedule. I feel like the plants need that dark time. The thing I can’t wrap my head around is doubling veg time. I’m under the impression that because they are autos, you have no control over when they go into flower. If you can’t control that, then how do you double the veg time?
My thoughts too. Although I've never grown an auto so I javelin no comparison

Mugwort

Mugwort

It was meant as humor buddy

Latest posts

Top Bottom