Testimonials For Caps Bennies

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

I have question about the OGBiowar. What strain of BT is in it?

This is why Im asking. When the weather was hot, I was getting fungus gnats in my room. I bought Moquito Dunks from Walmart (BT)and ground them up soaked them in water for 24hrs and drenched my plants. The gnats thrived in it and it did not effect them.

Then I bought the OGbiowar and brewed up a tea. I overdosed my plants with it and drenched the soil. The same thing happened, the gnats just played in it and I found larvae in my medium. I did this for months with no improvement.

Then I bought Gnatrol off ebay, which is the same thing, BT. It murdered every single larve in my medium.

Why dont the Walmart Mosquito dunks or the Ogbiowar do anything for fungus gnats but the Gnatrol does? Are you using the wrong strain of BT or is it the concentration?

I found the same thing happens with Spinosad, I believe the concentration made the difference because Montery and Captain Jack's didnt work for me either.
I used OGbiowar to eliminate Gnats. Have never had them since. I found the biggest thing with Fungus Gnats is overwatering the soil provides a perfect living environment for them. Try to let your plants dry out properly before watering, and you should notice a significant drop in their population. Sticky traps help track how many are around, and hit them hard with tea as soon as you see some coming back.

N

nightmarecreature

I used OGbiowar to eliminate Gnats. Have never had them since. I found the biggest thing with Fungus Gnats is overwatering the soil provides a perfect living environment for them. Try to let your plants dry out properly before watering, and you should notice a significant drop in their population. Sticky traps help track how many are around, and hit them hard with tea as soon as you see some coming back.

Significant drop? You shouldnt have any gnats period. The Gnatrol, I have zero.

Im in Coco with 50% perlite. I have no overwatering problems, under watering is more like it.

I have yet to see the foliar pack kill anything, fungus gnats included. Why does the Gnatrol work the same day and ogbiowar never? Must be a bad strain of BT....

Im not knocking CAP at all but the OGbiowar foliar pack just doesnt work for me. I just want to know what strain the BT is? I dont want to get into a pissing match or look like troll, so Im going to leave it at that.

Last edited:
HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
I bet the dunks were old. The BT will go bunk after a year on the shelf. Liquid will go bad too. I know they sell granular pellet packets that stay twice as long. Fresh dunks work well.

Figures the Wal-Mart dunks are bunk... :)

N

nightmarecreature

I bet the dunks were old. The BT will go bunk after a year on the shelf. Liquid will go bad too. I know they sell granular pellet packets that stay twice as long. Fresh dunks work well.

Figures the Wal-Mart dunks are bunk... :)

Walmart Mosquito Dunks 10.36%BT
Gnatrol 37.4%BT

No matter how many Walmart dunks I used, it didnt matter. It has to be concentration and subspecies aka Strain of BT.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
For fungus gnats, its a good idea to add a handful of EWC to your brew with caps bennies. For some reason the combo just coats the larvae with a white fuzz.

@nightmarecreature how long and varied are your brews? Are you using foliar and root packs?

No brand of BT, whether it be gnatrol, caps bennies, or microbe lift bmt, will knock out fungus gnats overnight. The BT needs time to knock out larvae, and won't take out flyers.

Mosquito dunks don't work, period.

I've had great success using caps bennies, and I've been free of Fungus gnats as well. I do vary my tea brews, from ingredients to brew time. Teas every week religiously.

N

nightmarecreature

For fungus gnats, its a good idea to add a handful of EWC to your brew with caps bennies. For some reason the combo just coats the larvae with a white fuzz.

@nightmarecreature how long and varied are your brews? Are you using foliar and root packs?

No brand of BT, whether it be gnatrol, caps bennies, or microbe lift bmt, will knock out fungus gnats overnight. The BT needs time to knock out larvae, and won't take out flyers.

Mosquito dunks don't work, period.

I've had great success using caps bennies, and I've been free of Fungus gnats as well. I do vary my tea brews, from ingredients to brew time. Teas every week religiously.

All three packs. I use Ancient forest and EWC.

Have you used Gnatrol? It knocks the larva out overnight. The fliers are gone by day three.

Ive tried 6,12,16, and 24hr brews, no difference. I even used the teas every three days, every 7. Made no difference.

I started using Ogbiowar because I know about ten people who use. Everyone is like,"Yeah man, i use ogbiowar and I no longer have bugs!" Then I get cuts and they have spidermites,fungus gnats ect. WTF are people that in denial. Guess what Im two of the ten people who started using other stuff and we have Zero bugs, not one or two. The people still using biowar are infested but say its the shit. I use stuff made for agriculture, not stoner remedies.

Having a few bugs is not normal, thats like saying I have a little bit of stage 4 Cancer.

L

larebowm

Sorry og biowar didn't work out for you.
I think it's a great product.

N

nightmarecreature

Sorry og biowar didn't work out for you.
I think it's a great product.

It's ok. I did find stuff that works. I mean I try and find the best products. Im also running a few different spore innoculants to see which one performs the best. Most have been run atleast a year, so they get a fair shot.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
@nightmarecreature I hope I didn't come off as defensive. I can assure you I'm no OG biowar fanboy, just a customer. No, I've never had to use Gnatrol. The bti might not be working, but there's also lots of other species too. If you're looking for another product to use, EM-1 is my favorite. If you activate it, the cost is very reasonable. (1 gallon makes about 22 gallons with 15mL/gallon dosage) I use it along with caps bennies. Check out my grow diary in my sig, I've got an steel curtain for blocking soil bugs going on.
Hopefully @Capulator can chime in on the subject

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Gnatrol is the best fungus gnat control our there! I have been using it for quite some time! I have tried many other products that just didn't work!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey all, this is a testimonial for BIOWAR good and bad, please no debate on gnatrol/mosquito dunks/Bti etc).

The foliar pack has 2 forms of BT @nightmarecreature. BTi (israeliensis) and BTk (kurstaki), both at 5 billion CFU/gram.

Best used as a preventative, and to kill it takes time due to the mode of action. Bacteria metabolize and excrete a protein which damages larvae intestine when consumed, and stops them from eating anymore leading to death.

Beauvaria bassiana (also in foliar pack) will work on FG larvae and adults if spores come in to direct contact with exoskeleton. They will use the insect as a host to proliferate, sucking it dry of nutrients and killing it.

Sorry you are not having success with it. I stand behind the product so if there is anything I can do to make it right hit me up. I find most people use it because they see visible results generally within 24 hours... but I understand it's not for everyone. I have personally had great success battling RA and FGs with the foliar pack and the root and nute packs are a staple in my gardens as well. Root pack is actually my favorite of the 3.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I've noticed the same thing cap, runs without the root pack just aren't the same!

I've seen the foliar pack not work but I have to really be off my game with the watering...any time things are consistent and gravyy traps stay empty for 10+ weeks at a time. But ya, on those messed rounds I did find mixing diatomatious and foliar at a 2:1 ratio and top dressing it stopped all flier activity immediately and they never came back.

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

That root pack. Tried some last night. My girls look GREAT. usually after transplant my girls dont look so great. but after applying some tea with root pack. i am loving it. I am a believer of your product! thx!!!!!

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

@Capulator , Just chiming in again. second run with cap's tea. I usually dont see anything like this. i usually get some lanky looking stems. but after a second drenching of tea. instead of spaghetti stems, im getting some fat ol pencil stems. im pretty fucking impressed. i had NEVER used tea before. And after all this talk about tea i've been reading lately. im a fucking believer. this is one product i fucking swear by. out of ALL the nutes i've ever bought. THIS IS THE THING THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR GARDEN FOR THE BETTER. i honestly havent felt so excited since when i first bought some ROOTS excel. from H&G (silver bottle) A product that DOES WHAT IT SAYS. and you can SEE it working after a few days. I've never ran foliar pack yet. but i am LOVING this root pack. Please do not change a thing cap! i'm gonna pair this stuff up with Roots Enhancer. Hopefully it'll up my game for the better!!!!

111isola

I swear by Caps Bennies, He changed the Beneficial game! Spore for Spore he's killing the competition. My plants couldn't be happier and the Fungus gnats and Root Aphids have been gone for months!
Been having problems with Fungus gnats!!! Where do I get Caps Bennies?

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

time and time again i am blown away, caps bennies bring all the right action to my root zone bringing my hydro to new levels. foliar and tea in the res for the win.
FullSizeRender
IMG 2410
IMG 0419
IMG 2412

jlr42024

jlr42024

no idea what kind of plant it is just one my sister murdered this winter but even after losing all is foliage i removed everything and poured some left over tea drenching remaining roots and etc. & nothing at 1st so I tried it again not expecting anything to happen and if i thought it had a chance i would have taken before pics but it's a house plant who cares right? well after about a week of sitting i just now happen to notice this while walking by

as you can see this plant couldn't be more stressed! its root bound beyond belief set outside during summer and just plain neglected but again is not mine but the fact this thing came back to life after being left out in the winter frozen and all its foliage falling off speaks volumes for caps bennies imo being it sat doormat left for dead then two feedings of caps bennies over a couple week period and suddenly all that new growth is tremendous. To think if we were still stuck buying all those over priced products with 99.9% talc thanks again for doing this cap i remember when this was just an idea a few yrs back and luckily things have worked out for everybody!

Latest posts

Top Bottom