the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Dude it's been terrible here too. Most of last week had lows under 50. The tomatoes actually survived that, just to get mauled by a hungry deer.
Same thing here, and then it went straight into the 90s!☀️ no spring again this year, probably be no fall to it's been like this about five years in New England

Sorry to hear about your tomatoes! I had something digging in my tomatoes, a rabbit or raccoon probably, put moth balls out and nothing's been back since🤞

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Same thing here, and then it went straight into the 90s!☀ no spring again this year, probably be no fall to it's been like this about five years in New England

Sorry to hear about your tomatoes! I had something digging in my tomatoes, a rabbit or raccoon probably, put moth balls out and nothing's been back since🤞

We had no real autumn or spring this year. Winter and straight to summer.

Ruins everything i love about living in the woods. I keep missing the mountains.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Same thing here, and then it went straight into the 90s!☀ no spring again this year, probably be no fall to it's been like this about five years in New England

Haha it's all good! They're not dead, just, um, high stress trained.

So far it seems like there are two seasons here. Summer, where the days get to be like 28 hours long, and monsoon season. 😄

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

New addition
Screenshot 20200623 091531 Chrome

$12 after an Amazon credit, this will free up one 9" high velocity floor fan

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is that plant that had those weird white spots which nobody could seem to figure out, I hit it with copper once as a precaution

there are no new spots, there are no trips visible and nothing has spread so I still don't know what the hell was going on with this! LOL the weird bottom leaf colors are from the flash and HPS lighting
20200624 063428

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
This is that plant that had those weird white spots which nobody could seem to figure out, I hit it with copper once as a precaution

there are no new spots, there are no trips visible and nothing has spread so I still don't know what the hell was going on with this! LOL the weird bottom leaf colors are from the flash and HPS lighting
View attachment 991030
It looks like you used a mascara brush to lift all those hairs up. 😃Posed nice and pretty for the photo. Nice job!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
New addition
View attachment 990433

$12 after an Amazon credit, this will free up one 9" high velocity floor fan
You can never have enough fans, I pick them up cheap used when ever I see them. My wife keeps complaining "not another one " right now I have 6 osculating fans running plus 3 exhaust fans & 2 small 12v input fans. Now except for a large broken ( repairable ) stand up fan all of them are in use. I need spares, wife doesn't understand this. 😁 😁

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You can never have enough fans, I pick them up cheap used when ever I see them. My wife keeps complaining "not another one " right now I have 6 osculating fans running plus 3 exhaust fans & 2 small 12v input fans. Now except for a large broken ( repairable ) stand up fan all of them are in use. I need spares, wife doesn't understand this. 😁 😁
I have an old ride on lawn tractor. I broke the drive belt for the mower. I took the belt in to replace it at the local UAP and we measured it at 87" we both thought it had stretched out so he looked on the computer for a 86" no such luck but there was an 85" made just for Craftsman tractors $ 30 taxes in.

I struggled with this 200 lb mower deck for 3 days 2hrs at a time on and off 7-8-9 times, the most awkward, heavy & misshaped thing to move under the tractor with brackets that catch and block its movement in and out. Lifting with one hand and trying to put pins in place with the other while lying underneath the tractor. There was no way I could get the belt on and all pins in place. I kept at it trying different methods I thought would help with no success. Today I saw a guy that works on mowers and he said todays belts don't stretch like the old ones so for $30 more he sold me another belt. I took it home and installed it twice, I had to take it off again to adjust the tension control arm. nothing goes easy. 3 days struggling with the wrong sized belt. fk.
So I finely get the belt on and I can't start it. There's now more tension on the drive shaft that my battery won't start it. Even jump starting it, cleaning the cables tightening everything down woo woa woo woa I need more amps to turn the engine over now. Does it ever end? lol without smoke I'd be beating my wife & cats & kicking the washer dryer lol not really but fk I had to vent... I know thcfarmers not a tractor repair forum. What was it Kramar said " serenity now serenity now " time for more meds. lol😅😅😅😅

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have an old ride on lawn tractor. I broke the drive belt for the mower. I took the belt in to replace it at the local UAP and we measured it at 87" we both thought it had stretched out so he looked on the computer for a 86" no such luck but there was an 85" made just for Craftsman tractors $ 30 taxes in.

I struggled with this 200 lb mower deck for 3 days 2hrs at a time on and off 7-8-9 times, the most awkward, heavy & misshaped thing to move under the tractor with brackets that catch and block its movement in and out. Lifting with one hand and trying to put pins in place with the other while lying underneath the tractor. There was no way I could get the belt on and all pins in place. I kept at it trying different methods I thought would help with no success. Today I saw a guy that works on mowers and he said todays belts don't stretch like the old ones so for $30 more he sold me another belt. I took it home and installed it twice, I had to take it off again to adjust the tension control arm. nothing goes easy. 3 days struggling with the wrong sized belt. fk.
So I finely get the belt on and I can't start it. There's now more tension on the drive shaft that my battery won't start it. Even jump starting it, cleaning the cables tightening everything down woo woa woo woa I need more amps to turn the engine over now. Does it ever end? lol without smoke I'd be beating my wife & cats & kicking the washer dryer lol not really but fk I had to vent... I know thcfarmers not a tractor repair forum. What was it Kramar said " serenity now serenity now " time for more meds. lol😅😅😅😅

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

It looks like you used a mascara brush to lift all those hairs up. 😃Posed nice and pretty for the photo. Nice job!
Thank you for pointing that out cuz when I see her I'm crawling all around her leaves trying to figure out the mystery of those white spots, didn't notice how pretty she was!
😎

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

View attachment 991030
I got white spots all over mine although I've been lightly powdering them weekly with a 50/50 mix of sulfur and DE. Haven't seen an aphid or PM since. Good stuff.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I should have taken a cue from you, especially since I don't have a wife yelling at me anymore LOL I should have got two of those oscillating fans!! this thing is great it freed up one 9" fan and if I'm honest I can shut the other 9" high velocity floor fan off and this will do the whole tent! Might order another today, don't need it right now but like you point it out it never hurts to have a spare or 3 on hand! LOL ✌😁

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I got white spots all over mine although I've been lightly powdering them weekly with a 50/50 mix of sulfur and DE. Haven't seen an aphid or PM since. Good stuff.
your white spots are probably a negative effect of something to do with Hydro?!?

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😁

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Just to prove I'm not off me rocker about this black dog going 90 to 100 days; hso says the black dog ripens in 48 - 55 days, but here it is at 46 days..
20200625 083341
20200625 083304

Hasn't even started to fill in yet really, that usually starts around 70 days, the leaves turn black when she starts to finish
😎

Latest posts

Top Bottom