the beach house

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Aww man! I'm gaining the weight believe me!🤦‍♂️ I was just talking to someone about this yesterday (she's gaining too) I don't know how much I've gained without a scale but my summer shorts are tell me I'm on the losing end of the weight battle right now

Yeah i got at least 20 pounds to lose. Too much eating during lockdown. Now that mrs. Mmg is back to work we are already eating less.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

UPDATE: 🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅

First copper spraying on the tomatoes after 4 days of rain, no signs of mold mildew or blight

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I can't stand it anymore🤦‍♂️

You have no idea how long I've been putting off up-potting these!! well you will when you see the pictures lol tomorrow morning's the day, I think I have just enough medium left of my magic mix for these three🤞😏

20200701 183950
20200701 184807
20200701 184931

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I can't stand it anymore🤦‍♂️

You have no idea how long I've been putting off up-potting these!! well you will when you see the pictures lol tomorrow morning's the day, I think I have just enough medium left of my magic mix for these three🤞😏

View attachment 994326View attachment 994327View attachment 994328
Its funny how similar our grows are. I've had a jungle in my veg room with no place to put cuttings, they're now root bound in solo cups outgrowing my cutting's box. I've been spending my energy elsewhere and I've been neglecting them badly and I think have just enough of my soil left for them to go into larger pots.
Now that I'm all moved to a larger location I can get back to them and let them grow.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Its funny how similar our grows are. I've had a jungle in my veg room with no place to put cuttings, they're now root bound in solo cups outgrowing my cutting's box. I've been spending my energy elsewhere and I've been neglecting them badly and I think have just enough of my soil left for them to go into larger pots.
Now that I'm all moved to a larger location I can get back to them and let them grow.
I've been following your move with my fingers crossed!! I'm hoping it all works out it seems like it's going pretty good🤞🙏🤞🙏

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've been following your move with my fingers crossed!! I'm hoping it all works out it seems like it's going pretty good🤞🙏🤞🙏
Yes it has, I'm going to flip them where they are now in about 3 weeks. Which means I'll have to switch lights and veg back in the other space again but I should be able to up my ballast to 100% its running at 60% now just to keep it at 85f. Its much cooler in this basement and I have about 9 ft of ceiling now instead of 5ft. I've been reluctant to make this move because its accessible to any contractors / furnace cleaning , water system cleaning, plumbers and such where the other part was stealth no entry other than myself and family. With us being legal up here now I just have to keep 4 only and hide the rest without having to tear it all down and relocate.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yes it has, I'm going to flip them where they are now in about 3 weeks. Which means I'll have to switch lights and veg back in the other space again but I should be able to up my ballast to 100% its running at 60% now just to keep it at 85f. Its much cooler in this basement and I have about 9 ft of ceiling now instead of 5ft. I've been reluctant to make this move because its accessible to any contractors / furnace cleaning , water system cleaning, plumbers and such where the other part was stealth no entry other than myself and family. With us being legal up here now I just have to keep 4 only and hide the rest without having to tear it all down and relocate.
I can't run past 60% in the summer either, I don't even try

Who says you cant grow big plants in small pots of peat mix. :-)

And they're still (probably) not root bound!? but they're starting to demand attention, that's why I'm up potting them, so I can go back to ignoring them 😴 LOL

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Want to put this here so I'd remember I found aphids on the only roma tomato plant today, hit them hard with the hose, tomorrow going to hit them again and then I'll spray Monterey on Tuesday didn't see any on the other plants but it was a quick look I'll check more closely this coming week, the plants still look great but these gotta go

20200705 144442
Screenshot 20200705 152233 Gallery

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Next time I go down stairs for a cup of coffee I'm going to go hit those friggin aphids on the tomates again with the hose, anything I didn't knock off yesterday is going today, and tomorrow it's getting the spinosad spray

Sometimes some Savvy tomato grower will say 'why don't you pull your sucker branches?' LOL I tell them you go pull them LOL that's why I stay the hell out of my tomatoes and they do just find believe me! The less interaction I have with bugs the less chance I have to bring them inside🙏🤞🙏

Back to cannabis talk: I may have had my first actual Cal AND mag deficiency this morning???

Not sure, but I don't think I'm ever going to tell anybody that there's no such thing as a Cal/Mag deficiency again 🤣😄🤣

Happen to have a spray bottle of Cal Mag handy, initially it showed magnesium deficiency, but then when I got into some of the lower hidden leaves looked like possible calcium spots?

Was before my first cup of coffee so who the hell knows, just pulled them off it was only a few leaves that needed to come off anyway, haven't even stripped the bottom branches off yet, the plants green & healthy and looks beautiful in general, but I'll keep an eye out

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Next time I go down stairs for a cup of coffee I'm going to go hit those friggin aphids on the tomates again with the hose, anything I didn't knock off yesterday is going today, and tomorrow it's getting the spinosad spray

Sometimes some Savvy tomato grower will say 'why don't you pull your sucker branches?' LOL I tell them you go pull them LOL that's why I stay the hell out of my tomatoes and they do just find believe me! The less interaction I have with bugs the less chance I have to bring them inside🙏🤞🙏

Back to cannabis talk: I may have had my first actual Cal AND mag deficiency this morning???

Not sure, but I don't think I'm ever going to tell anybody that there's no such thing as a Cal/Mag deficiency again 🤣😄🤣

Happen to have a spray bottle of Cal Mag handy, initially it showed magnesium deficiency, but then when I got into some of the lower hidden leaves looked like possible calcium spots?

Was before my first cup of coffee so who the hell knows, just pulled them off it was only a few leaves that needed to come off anyway, haven't even stripped the bottom branches off yet, the plants green & healthy and looks beautiful in general, but I'll keep an eye out

Im watching you deal with the aphids outside. You mentioned my ultimate fear of outdoor growing. Bringing pests inside.

And calcium will show first on new leaves as rust spots. It is immobile in the plant. Mag down low. Older leaves as it is mobile and the plant will take the old mag and move it up to new growth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom