the coffee shop

• Thread starter boo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Black Lab

Black Lab

thats the first place i went.....maybe i skipped it in there....ok
I got pissed off a couple of times when my posts got deleted. I didn't think I was being attacking or too negative. It is hard to understand the thinking behind some of the thread removals. But, overall I enjoy the site and the members so I still hang around. But now I have a little less to say :)

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

I got pissed off a couple of times when my posts got deleted. I didn't think I was being attacking or too negative. It is hard to understand the thinking behind some of the thread removals. But, overall I enjoy the site and the members so I still hang around. But now I have a little less to say :)
You can never be too careful...

inthegorge

inthegorge

So frigging much snow here:-( Must be about 2 ft? Then freezing rain called for tomorrow...even worse! It does all look lovely from the hot tub though and the birds are keeping me entertained at the bird feeders so something positive for the day:-) Saw 12 eagles in the trees by our beach yesterday!

Thank you for the lovely picture yesterday Black Lab.......those were some pretty purple ladies! Spartacus is gorgeous too Kendo and his little buddy is a cutie:-)

Pretty much stuck inside today so building more cloner's...can't have too many when you are doing a warehouse grow and trying to help your neighbors with clones for their gardens too.

burn4me

burn4me

oh i still love this site...the farm by far has been the most willing to help me. cant thank everyone enough for it. i was just confused thats all. i msg'd logic so we'll see lol
hotmomma you are 1000% right though...

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

Welcome to the farm @burn4me. This is a great group of folks I have stumbled upon. I've met some awesome people here. Lots of wisdom and knowledge here. Thanks to @Gamrstwin36, @boo, @bigdaddyg8 and @Mr.GoodCat for everything. Real stand up guys. :happy:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There can be various reasons for posts or threads being removed, but in my experience, reports/complaints tends to be the number one reason.
Got about 8" of snow here. WHOOOHOOO thank goodness for the wood burning stove.
Here is my boy Spartacus. He is a purebred Dogo Argentino. This shot was taken 1 1/2 years ago and so he has put on about 45 lbs of muscle. He is not trained to attack but he is all over anyone who even sniffs of aggression.
My oldest and his buddy were play fighting. Spartacus came up without a bark and stood up, grabbed Jr's friends arm in a tight grip, and then politely brought him down to a knee. He never bit or even left a mark but had dudes arm in a vise grip and would not let go until I told him to. The Dogo's bite force is measured at 537 lbs View attachment 377094
Incredible dogs, aren't they? Did you get him through our mutual acquaintance here in Cali? IIRC, he brings his dogs in from Argentina after going down to observe for a while.

I am loving this rain and HATING the fact that we didn't snag that 1,500gal cistern for $250 those years ago. I'm watching all this water run down and away. Sure, I have a few trash cans filled up, but I want (read: we need) to have at least several thousand gallons saved up, tens of thousands would be far, far better.

But! I am also seeing water pool in an area where I only built up a berm. I know that lots of people around here have natural (unlined) ponds, I just don't know how it's done. I see a pond in our future. Where? I don't know. When? ASAP! I still don't hear frogs, either, I'm still listening for frogs.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Good morning farm.
I think if you've got the space a pond would be the best option... of course when someone offers you a big cistern for cheap- thats a good option too. Any ideas how far behind the 'norm' you are with the rains that you are getting now?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's a very good question. I don't know the specific answer to that question, but perhaps my husband @pinegrovedave would know.

What I do know is this--what we're seeing now is what we should have been getting back in October. The vast majority of our annual rainfall occurs between the months of October and April (this is also when many of the passes are automatically closed and opened, unless weather demands earlier or later closure). So, in terms of time we're months behind. In terms of total rainfall I'm sure we're still very far behind (31" for our area, I think we've gotten something like 2"-4" so far).

The good thing is that the snow pack is building up nicely from what my husband has told me. It's still a fraction of what it should be, but something is something and that's not nothing.

If you were a fish, what kind of fish would you like to be? I think I would like to be a sole, or perhaps a frogfish or stingray.

Kendo

Kendo

Incredible dogs, aren't they? Did you get him through our mutual acquaintance here in Cali? IIRC, he brings his dogs in from Argentina after going down to observe for a while.

I am loving this rain and HATING the fact that we didn't snag that 1,500gal cistern for $250 those years ago. I'm watching all this water run down and away. Sure, I have a few trash cans filled up, but I want (read: we need) to have at least several thousand gallons saved up, tens of thousands would be far, far better.

They really are the finest breed on earth. I had never even heard of Dogo's until elk told me about them. From the first time I met Rosso as a puppy I HAD to have one.
Spartacus is from his first litter with one of the bitch's he brought from Argentina and Rosso. Some beautiful dogs came out of that litter. When I got Spartacus neutered a couple of guys were mad because they wanted to breed him to their Dogo bitch's due to his top pedigree. PFFFFFT! you know me,"Zero fucks were given" . Spartacus was not the least bit aggressive and so Elk picked him out for me as a family pet and told me to neuter him at 8-9 months. He is gentle with our cats and the FAMILY dogs. He is not tolerating ANY OTHER dogs at all.
Snow and rain, there is slush everywhere, I wish it would just melt all the way........

Drifting13

Drifting13

G'Afternoon, y'all. Just come in from the yard. Nice sunny day here with a temp in the mid-70's. Now this is getting back to the weather I'm used to.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
If you were a fish, what kind of fish would you like to be? I think I would like to be a sole, or perhaps a frogfish or stingray.

Angler fish!
Anglerfish

Or a hammerhead shark..lol
Hammerhead shark

Mogrow

Mogrow

morning farm folks. hope u Cali people keep getting the rain, we depend on you for produce and whatnot.
school cancelled again today, we got less than 2 inches of snow. the whole school system runs scared, from the way they make you pick up and drop off the kids, to try and getting in the building, it's sad.....
ok let's try our best to spread the love today... no hate zone here ....

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Morning Mo :)
Yes we got more rain last nite in central cali

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Maybe the thinking is - The whole world can eat me... ;-)
Really, I would want to be a dog. Eagle wouldn't be bad but I don't see them being as happy all the time.

I saw something last week that suggested the hills are at 120% of 'norm' winter season weather.... Nice, but it doesn't feel like it- I think the wind has pushed all that down the hill quite a way.

Top Bottom