the coffee shop

• Thread starter boo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

donkeydon

how does one survive without the trusty dutch oven...linda got me a le crueset enameled on a decade ago and I use it all the time...I never for a million years would have thought that at this point in my life I would be a widower...strange cooking for one...
everything changes doesn't it?

D

donkeydon

dutch will take a ball out of a socket I use on a stick end at 8' over his head from a full sitz and can lunge 12' across the room without touching the floor once airborn, from a full sitz...he's 20 months old and has been working for 3 weeks...
I will always have at least 2 dogs or my life isn't the same

Drifting13

Drifting13

G'Morning y'all. Looking like we have another cooler/cold front coming thru today and tomorrow. So I pulled my tomato, sweet pepper & 4 types of beans in under fluorescent's and rotating them on my one heat pad. Gotta keep them seeds nice & warm.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sure do, Drifting!

Today, I trim. First I've gotta take the Volvo in to the Glass Doctor, a rock was kicked up on the freeway out by Folsom this weekend and sure as shit, dinged my new windshield. It's always somethin', ain't it?

But! My babies are looking really good, ALL my Skunk #1's have popped and they're all on their way. Of COURSE, what do I see within a couple of days of bringing plants inside but fungus gnats, right? Of course. I will win.

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

Man I sure do miss the South. MGG
You don't want to be here today or the rest of the week. The weather people keep saying this storm is going to be catastrophic. I'm hoping they are exaggerating try to keep us all at home. Gonna be a long week. Hope I don't lose power. Fingers crossed. :hungover:

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Good morning Farm. Another day of shoveling. I am going to be ripped by the end of winter with all this shoveling I have been doing.

Sea, I hope you get those gnats under control. Personally I never really worry when I see them. As long as there is a good amount of organic matter in the soil they really don't seem to cause too many issues with the plant growth. I am sure you have tried using diatomaceous earth, there is also a relatively new product call Gant Nix from Growstone. It's recycled glass and works almost exactly the same way DE does.

Ken, I dig the avatar.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

You don't want to be here today or the rest of the week. The weather people keep saying this storm is going to be catastrophic. I'm hoping they are exaggerating try to keep us all at home. Gonna be a long week. Hope I don't lose power. Fingers crossed. :hungover:
If im gonna be frozen and stuck inside for a week let it be with a wild eyed southern girl,lol.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
What kind of volvo- I'm totally stuck on the old 240's. I've had a few of them and everyone is my favorite. I have a line on an old 142- the series before the 240s and I think I'll jump on it if the owner really does want to sell.

Colorado knows all about cracks in windshields... down in the flats its probably 3 in 10, in the hills its probably more like 50% of vehicles have chips. Pain in the ass.

DTE works great- so does bacillus thuringiensis- if you can find the BT that comes in a liquid form it's pretty cheap but it dilutes down to the point that it'll last you forever- something like one drop per olympic-sized swimming pool- give or take...
DTE I use around doorways during summer- don't breathe the dust.

I hardly even know what shoveling snow is like anymore- we've had plenty snow but the winds just comes and blows it around to the point there is no longer any reason to shovel. My driveway for instance: its all pickaxe work- windblown drifts. Better off parking on the street and walking up except for the plow will push your sled right off the road.

Southern girls are definitely where its at. Update: I need another dog and a southern girl and a volvo and...

Good morning Farm

Black Lab

Black Lab

Good morning Farmers. It is sunny and in the 70's today in socal. I'm feeling for you Boo, Fish and Hotmama. It is 7am and I am sitting outside in the soft morning air. SoCal might have the best weather in the world. A little foggy in June but bike riding and golf weather all year.

That being said; is mid 60's too cold for 28 day old seedlings? Temps in the veg tent gets down to mid 60 degrees in the early morning. They look a little droopy. Any ideas for bringing up the heat 10 degrees in a tent?

Top Bottom