the coffee shop

• Thread starter boo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

Morning Farm. Fractal- what's wrong with 330am? I love early mornings...
Pretty cool and clear here this am
Nothing wrong except I have nothing to do right now. Later today I have big plans but that's not for another 10 hours or so.

inthegorge

inthegorge

Good morning everyone! I have been tooooo busy to stop in lately but it has been a good busy:-) Gosh Sea....I hate the dentist more than almost anything I can think of...lots of courage being sent your way! Spring has finally sprung on the WA/OR border and that makes this girl most happy! The last 2 weeks have been a absolute blur of work but we are hoping for our final inspection next week and finally can get down to the business of just growing so we are keeping our eyes on the prize. My poor little mini toy poodle has to go for surgery today to have a couple of salivary glands removed....they keep getting swollen and he has basically lived on antibiotic for the last few months:-( Very worried about it and hope it all goes well...even the thought of loosing this happy loving little fella is crushing to my family. Keeping the faith though that he will be OK...we do have a good vet so I am betting on his surgical skills.

Hope everyone has sunny skies and a packed sweet bowl on this lovely March morning:-)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good morning fine people and happy hump day! How's your cuppa this morning? Dave finally remembered to brown some beans, so I'm back to enjoying home-roast.

So, I got that visit in to the dentist. The lost filling is nowhere nearly as bad or urgent as I thought it was. I didn't have any actual work done because I bought the wrong kind of insurance, so they're going to help me get that sorted out first with least out-of-pocket expenses.

My oldest son contacted me this morning and asked if he could stay with us during the summer. We've had a strained relationship at times, for which I take full responsibility as I was/am the adult in this relationship. He's been growing longer than I have, several years longer, so he could potentially be a HUGE help to me over the summer. He's also been taking landscape architecture and design courses with a goal of becoming a landscape architect, so MAYBE he could help out with some of that stuff, too. It would be nice to do some good quality relationship-building.

B

boo

I just got off the phone with lindas son...he's informing he of his desire to buy a 1100 cc. crotch rocket...first scooter ever...I'm trying to explain to him that a better start would be a 600 cc. scoot...I believe he's listening to me...I've been on scoots since 1960...been there, done that

Cort

Cort

Id go one better, boo... there are used 250cc honda rebels and ninjas that can be had for under 1k. keep reminding him that he is going to drop it, even if just in the parking lot, till he gets used to riding. 6 months and sell if for darn near what he has in it. Upgrade to a real bike then.

Its always breaks my heart to see a 50k custom bike with paper dealer plates that have dings and scratches already.

Dont forget to get him in the riders training classes. If he balks pay for it yourself. I learned to ride from father and grandfather both, still learned plenty in the safety course.

B

boo

yeah cort, you get it...I went the 250 route with him and he balked so I got a concession with the mid range bikes...he's not scooter material and hell be a casualty no doubt...riders edge is the course they have here and yeah, I'll make that a non negotiable issue...he's far better off in a cage...we all are to be honest...texting is getting alot of bikers broken backs...

Drifting13

Drifting13

G'Evening, y'all! Dragging ass from yard work today. Got to get more cheap potting soil tomorrow so I can finish making Mater buckets.
Boo the smaller the starter bike you can talk him into, the better of he will be in the long run.
Hope everyone has a great week.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Man o man tough world to ride a scoot in nowadays,the illegal alien with no insurance who took me out was texting although she would not admit it to the officer,he was chewing her ass because she had no remorse at all,she thought it just an inconvenience to her being able to go on her way and wanted the officer to give her MY insurance so she could get her salvaged honda car fixed.No concern at all about me being hauled away in an ambulance or my wrecked roadglide whose value was 20 times her hondas being drug up onto a trailer.I beleive the rider safety courses are the best investment you can make but they do little to save you from the oblivious fucks driving today.

B

boo

I broke my back on a scoot fish, I completely concur...fucks drivin just don't get it...and texting and driving, don't get me started...I'd as soon remove a door handle with my door than sit there and watch dumb asses text and drive...I carry 1" clear marbles...can yas guess why...

putembk

putembk

hey, wake the hell up farmers...it's thursday...
Thursday??? No harvest day. Used to like harvest day....now a necessary evil. Won't see the sun, wind or rain. Will be locked up downstairs cutting down Chemdog #4 most of the day. At least there will be some basketball to watch (kind of) while doing my due diligence.
At least Chemdog #4 is pretty easy to work with. Trimming this strain is pretty easy, at least compared to some strains and the yield is well worth the time. You Chem "guys" know what I mean.
Gonna stop by the Cabana real quick and hit the scissors. Have a good day all.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Buenos dias, mis compadres. Como estan ustedes?

Had a good, long talk with my friend out at Ft Bliss yesterday. I really wish we lived closer, but it's going to be like this as long as hubby's in the military. I'm hoping my son does decide to come spend the summer up here, the more I think about it the more I know he could be a HUGE help to us both.
yeah cort, you get it...I went the 250 route with him and he balked so I got a concession with the mid range bikes...he's not scooter material and hell be a casualty no doubt...riders edge is the course they have here and yeah, I'll make that a non negotiable issue...he's far better off in a cage...we all are to be honest...texting is getting alot of bikers broken backs...
You know what? That's what I did. Started off with the 750cc cruiser (had to sell it, hadn't ridden in a few years, since our g-daughter came to live with us, then I did my knee and I didn't feel safe with my collapsing knee up in these mountains) although everyone advised me to go smaller. My reasoning was this--I was going to be learning on a 250cc taking the motorcycle safety course. That was like riding a bicycle, and I wasn't going to be trying to ride something like that on these roads. And I'm GLAD I went with the 750, it was almost no time at all before I had a chance to ride an 1100 cruiser and felt comfortable and confident. Had I not done my knee, I might still be riding, but I'll say this, the Volvo has MORE than made up for missing that thrill.

Mogrow

Mogrow

Man o man tough world to ride a scoot in nowadays,the illegal alien with no insurance who took me out was texting although she would not admit it to the officer,he was chewing her ass because she had no remorse at all,she thought it just an inconvenience to her being able to go on her way and wanted the officer to give her MY insurance so she could get her salvaged honda car fixed.No concern at all about me being hauled away in an ambulance or my wrecked roadglide whose value was 20 times her hondas being drug up onto a trailer.I beleive the rider safety courses are the best investment you can make but they do little to save you from the oblivious fucks driving today.
seems like it happens every time you get the bike out, some are closer than others.
sorry about your glide fish and hope you're still riding..

Top Bottom