the coffee shop

• Thread starter boo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Drifting13

Drifting13

Well we have had rain for almost a week now. So needless to say we didn't get to go fishing Fri. But fear not we have a dry spell coming next week or so the weather report claims.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
:(
Oakhurstfire

http://www.kmph-kfre.com/story/26317004/no-containment-for-junction-fire-in-oakhurst

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Ken,My boy is a battalion chief from socal but he has been up in laytonville leading a strike team for over a week already,after laytonville hes been ordered up somewhere along the oregon border i think.Most likely he will not get to come home for at least 21 days and its not even fire season yet!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Fish, yeah..your boy and all those guys are going to be busy this year
it's windy and warm again today too:depressed:

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ken,My boy is a battalion chief from socal but he has been up in laytonville leading a strike team for over a week already,after laytonville hes been ordered up somewhere along the oregon border i think.Most likely he will not get to come home for at least 21 days and its not even fire season yet!
It's north of Willits, along Hwy 101 there. There's also the... I wanna call it the Burney Fire, that's up by the border.

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Hope y'all r safe....Gonna be a long month or two for sure. Things have quited a bit up here in Wa. but like the Fishwistle said still early.
Yep hot and windy here too ken,He has strict orders to save any cannabis in harms way,lol.
AND save the weed...funny shit! :p
Keep ur nose in the air

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

It's north of Willits, along Hwy 101 there. There's also the... I wanna call it the Burney Fire, that's up by the border.
Maybe thats the one he supposed to go to next,I havent talked with him again since friday or saturday when they had 24 off to get some rest,they were staying at a hotel in cloverdale and went to eat some pizza,when he went to pay the bill someone had already paid it anonymously for the whole strike team(5 engines,20 firefighters,a capt and a battalion chief)pretty cool!Who knows where he will be next though,i hear yosemite is blowing up now too.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Maybe thats the one he supposed to go to next,I havent talked with him again since friday or saturday when they had 24 off to get some rest,they were staying at a hotel in cloverdale and went to eat some pizza,when he went to pay the bill someone had already paid it anonymously for the whole strike team(5 engines,20 firefighters,a capt and a battalion chief)pretty cool!Who knows where he will be next though,i hear yosemite is blowing up now too.

Will be sending safe vibes his way, hero's if you ask me, hard ass danger danger Will Robinson work...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think the Oakhurst/Junction Fire(s) are fairly well controlled right now, thank GOD!

putembk

putembk

Sorry to hear about all the fires out west. Colorado has had it lucky this year. More storm coming this weekend and thinking we are going to get away with minimum fire damage this year. We have had one of the wettest years in recent memory. Rivers were so high that it ruined the wade fishing. Rafters loved it though.....if you want to die. Don't know how many peeps died in white water this year but its got to be close to a record. We got another 1/4" last night and a 70% chance of rain on Friday.
Was getting new homeowners ins quotes and a lot of companies won't touch a home in the mountains now unless there are now trees near and a fire hydrant is practically in your back yard. Be well all.

Drifting13

Drifting13

G'Afternoon, y'all! Another day of killer heat with way to much humidity. But it's Aug. in Fla. what else can we expect. Thank g-d for AC! I figure 3 to 4 more weeks and I can fire up my light again. :cool:

putembk

putembk

G'Afternoon, y'all! Another day of killer heat with way to much humidity. But it's Aug. in Fla. what else can we expect. Thank g-d for AC! I figure 3 to 4 more weeks and I can fire up my light again. :cool:
Just fired up the whole system this week. Nights are getting into the low 50's here. Can easily keep everything below 80 when it gets that cool at night.

Drifting13

Drifting13

We went to take our boat out on the maiden trip and broke the axle on the trailer about a mile from my home. :oops: Managed to get it on a flatbed and had it trucked back home. We will start pulling the axle out this afternoon. Spindles, hubs, wheels & tires are new. So we will have it fixed. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

putembk

putembk

We went to take our boat out on the maiden trip and broke the axle on the trailer about a mile from my home. :oops: Managed to get it on a flatbed and had it trucked back home. We will start pulling the axle out this afternoon. Spindles, hubs, wheels & tires are new. So we will have it fixed. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Sorry drifting.....one of these days you will get that boat in the water. Keep plugging.

Drifting13

Drifting13

Well it turns out our "axle" was a homemade butcher job. New 4" drop axle, spindles & hubs are going to cost us about $250. Wish I had my half($125) So it sits till next month(sept.). Hoping y'all having a better weekend than me...

Top Bottom