The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

Besides the wool - I defoliated that current run .mayb not as drastic as guys but def more than I ever have by alot! Lol stripped at flip, then agai today (22) it was scary ! But yet another technique that needs further investigating for sure !- could not gets pics load I’ll try later - but so far even in dirt seems to improve !
Is that a HLG?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That things a beast.id b too frightened id get it out half tanked and well that would b it 😃.how quick can that thing go
Hahaha yeah never fly a nice model trashed. That's what my Apprentice S 15e is for lol.
Something like this jet, I'd probably only fly a few times a year. And sober for sure. These can get away on you real quick.. top speed on this one is around 120-130 mph on a flat run. Likely faster pointed at the ground.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
DB I have run mo

Check out Bob Violet Models. I think he has some of the real jet engine stuff. I think his F14 tomcat was originally the DCU F-14 Tomcat, but it was a ducted fan model that ran OS 90 engines I seem to remember.
Yeas man, I love the real turbine planes. Sooooo expensive though. 40-50k easy for a nice RC turbine jet. And one dumb thumb crash and it's all just.. gone lol.

Anthem

Anthem

Anyone here fly model airplanes?

I'm working up the nerve to pull the trigger on a ducted fan F-16. I've always wanted a jet, and this thing looks fukin dope. It's like the ultimate toy.

Dirtbag, I got into it pretty heavy in the 1990 to 2000. I started out doing slope gliders, I know no power. I think the record for speed at the time was around 230 and it was a glider not a power plan. They have since beat the shit out of those numbers, I think they are over 400 miles an hour now. They do this crap called dynamic soaring now. They find a slope with lift on only part of the slope and they use the dead air to increase the speeds. I never got into that, it is sort of new. They have what is now called the puff factor. It is the point as which the plan literally explodes and is destroyed by the forces. Gone are the days of Balsa wood. I was making molds back then and making my own parts. Mostly fuselages. the wings where blue insulating form cut out with a hot wire and you would install a golf shaft as a spare and vacuum bag carbon fiber over the foam. Towards the end everything was going molded hollow core construction. I got the chance to work on a model of a cruise missile that later went into production. I remember I had a IR 388 radio and I had just won the lastest Airtonics remote before I got out of it. I worked for a manufacturer and I did his prototype work and show models to pay for stuff. This guy had the sickest F14 tomcat you will ever see. I bought it home from a show in the back of my truck. It took up the whole bed lengh minus 1 1/2". Retracts, wings folded, had rivets molded into the mold. It was sick. I do not know if it ever flew. That is the thing, one fuck up and you are done. I use to practices with these foam models you would put tape on to make the foam strong enough. That tech ultimately changed the whole game. Look up F3J in you are increased. There is just something special when you throw a plane into the air, nail the thermal and make a 120" glider into a dot the size if a pin head.

Anthem

Anthem

Yeas man, I love the real turbine planes. Sooooo expensive though. 40-50k easy for a nice RC turbine jet. And one dumb thumb crash and it's all just.. gone lol.
I know that feeling. I had just completed a new 60" slope racing plane. I had several channels in my backpack incase some one was on my main channel. I forgot I was using a different channel because this was a different plan. I called out my usual channel and started flying, well about 3 minutes later the guy started flying on the channel I was on. Went from about 300 feet straight into the ground. Total lose.

Madmax

Madmax

Hahaha yeah never fly a nice model trashed. That's what my Apprentice S 15e is for lol.
Something like this jet, I'd probably only fly a few times a year. And sober for sure. These can get away on you real quick.. top speed on this one is around 120-130 mph on a flat run. Likely faster pointed at the ground.
Man that is cruisin.youd have to b quick to turn that thing around before it went out of range haha..ive been looking sorta at getting a drone that can fly to 10 k away to my mates.fit it out with a camera and do some small packaging drop offs 😃

PK1

PK1

Supporter
that's the one thing I'm kicking myself on with my plumbing, should've put a drain valve at the lowest point. instead i get to do this fuckin juggling act to not dump probably a gallon of water on the floor when i end up having to pull the plumbing out of the tent. fuckin rookies man.
i feel ya with the rookie mistake, definitely a upgrade needed in that section for my self too, but if we don't make these mistakes than we cant make it better.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Well at least some try, I mean pioneers got us here, we must continue with innovation! I enjoy a challenge, it builds character. Cheers SS

Galvatron

Galvatron

Love RC stuff. Here is a nice F-16 that is pretty fast and will survive rough landings. It's not a ducted fan, but has a pusher prop on the back. You can get them for under $100.00 overseas but it takes a few weeks. You get everything in the box including 2 battery packs. It's gyro stabilized and easy to fly.
20220402 062221

Here is a ducted fan F-16 that just needs electronics for under $`100.00!! Yes, under a hun!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Man that is cruisin.youd have to b quick to turn that thing around before it went out of range haha..ive been looking sorta at getting a drone that can fly to 10 k away to my mates.fit it out with a camera and do some small packaging drop offs 😃
The range on that jet is somewhere around 10km.
The new TX/Rx technology is impressive.
Even my float plane apprentice has a 10km range. If I can see it, I can fly it.

Madmax

Madmax

Have you de havilland beaver model Dirtbag..i so love those beast..my ol man use to cropdust with those.he lost his best mate one day as they just put up new powerlines and he never saw them..my brother is named after him.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Some red pill shit for ya'll while I'm overdosing on the black pills over here lol.. im numb to the reds now. But it's important to titrate. Start with the red pills.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Have you de havilland beaver model Dirtbag..i so love those beast..my ol man use to cropdust with those.he lost his best mate one day as they just put up new powerlines and he never saw them..my brother is named after him.
I dont but man I agree, that's a quintessential bush plane. I'd love to have a model of that. Sorry to hear about your old man's mate. We take risks sometimes.. that's a shitty one. New powerlines take out a lot of cropduster pilots.

Top Bottom