The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
likewise. since my son was in the womb, he's been exposed to all of it too. kid absolutely loves music now at 3.5 years. wouldn't have it any other way. it's too important of a thing in life to not love most of it. except country. we don't play that twangy garbage in this house.
Lol yep my wife and I went to a concert at the commodore ballroom to see the band The Doves when she was 8 months pregnant. Belly was moving and kicking a lot lol.
Great night, great band with a wicked laser and light show.

Moshmen

Moshmen

i've wanted to physically fight this man for years. after learning a dozen of their songs, and realizing how talented of a composer he is, and the fact i would never be half the musician he is, there's a real vendetta. just saying. i ever meet Dave Grohl, I'm sucker punching that c.unt

The guy is an enigma for sure super talent ! Whether playin , singin , or writing . Seen him in passing long ago backstage at a 3 days grace concert seemed like a normal dude? Lol

tobh

tobh

Supporter
The guy is an enigma for sure super talent ! Whether playin , singin , or writing . Seen him in passing long ago backstage at a 3 days grace concert seemed like a normal dude? Lol
that's even more reason to sucker punch him lol you can't be this fuckin musical genius god person and be so humble. like, for real. really grinds my gears.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Lol yep my wife and I went to a concert at the commodore ballroom to see the band The Doves when she was 8 months pregnant. Belly was moving and kicking a lot lol.
Great night, great band with a wicked laser and light show.

that was the one thing that urked me most about the pregnancy. i was fine feeling our son move around, but visually seeing it was like some predator type shit. made my skin crawl lol little dude would rage though. would throw on some like hardcore techno or metal and he'd go ape shit.

used to send the lady songs while i was at work, couple times he made her piss herself getting so hyped by what i sent lol kid still has that hype factor when it comes to music. couldn't ask for a better mini me.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

pretty solid focus track. came up on spotify while i finally got some time to get some heads down time on some coding first the first time in weeks.
Reminds me of something I can't put my finger on...
The first part reminded me of the suspense track in a zombie flick or something lol maybe 28 days later?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Reminds me of something I can't put my finger on...
The first part reminded me of the suspense track in a zombie flick or something lol maybe 28 days later?
maybe? most of the time i don't really hear the music unless it pulls me out of focus. if that happens, i consider it a good thing, especially working on the shit i was working on this afternoon. just now deciding to close up shop. been a long time since I've had the opportunity to go heads down, turn up the music, and flex the brain muscles. swear it's one of the best drugs... gives me a rush similar to speed. that's the shameful thing about being on a track into management, opportunities to do that are going to become increasingly more rare.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
you're still smoking on some of that?! damn dude. figured you'd be plumb out by now.
Yeah man, ive still got about half P of spiked punch and a Qp of wedding crasher from last winters crop. It was a good harvest last year, little over 4#, took me a lot of effort to use as much as I did honestly. Gave a bit away, traded a lot for hash and other things. I sometimes wonder if people believe me when I say I grow for myself and keep it all lol. But it's true. I package and store everything I grow for my own personal use.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
damn, if that's what you pulled last year with half the lighting, this year should be crazy respectable. doubt anywhere near double that number, but at least 25% more final weight.

been thinking about your storage processes and have been debating doing that. i noticed over the what, 10 months or so since the love stash went into jars, the jars progressively lost more of their terps. didn't have the same "punch you in the face" experience when opening them after the first couple months of cure. really got me debating getting a vacuum sealer and doing like you do, less the purging with gas of some type.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
damn, if that's what you pulled last year with half the lighting, this year should be crazy respectable. doubt anywhere near double that number, but at least 25% more final weight.

been thinking about your storage processes and have been debating doing that. i noticed over the what, 10 months or so since the love stash went into jars, the jars progressively lost more of their terps. didn't have the same "punch you in the face" experience when opening them after the first couple months of cure. really got me debating getting a vacuum sealer and doing like you do, less the purging with gas of some type.
The gas is really important for long term but if you get most of the air out and keep it frozen, that works too. You just want to completely halt oxidation.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
You fuckin know it. Management is another world of taxing. For a while anyway. Worth it though and nice to have some progression in your job. Congrats on that again.
been reading a ton on it, what it's like, how to do it effectively, etc. my biggest reservations right now are:

1. the amount of stress is going to be significant for a while. no way around it. it's not terribly stressful right now, but that is definitely going to change.
2. it's a lot more exposure. if the people i oversee don't perform, or someone quits, it's the manager that is looked at first and foremost. their successes are mine, and their failures are doubly mine.
3. i'll have to fire people at some point. i think that's probably the scariest aspect of such a position. taking away someone's livelihood is not a light thing to consider.

but, the personal impacts i can have on my team will be much more significant, and that's the whole reason i'm doing this. i could likely keep moving up from senior software engineer into staff then principal, but want to try out management for a few years and see if i'm any good at it. worst thing that could happen is i'm an utter failure and decide to go back to slinging code. it's not like a career killing move, ya know.

PK1

PK1

Supporter

pretty solid focus track. came up on spotify while i finally got some time to get some heads down time on some coding first the first time in weeks.
sick track!
maybe? most of the time i don't really hear the music unless it pulls me out of focus. if that happens, i consider it a good thing, especially working on the shit i was working on this afternoon. just now deciding to close up shop. been a long time since I've had the opportunity to go heads down, turn up the music, and flex the brain muscles. swear it's one of the best drugs... gives me a rush similar to speed. that's the shameful thing about being on a track into management, opportunities to do that are going to become increasingly more rare.
lol, i usually listen to the 1st drop, if its good i hold the song other whys RIP

Top Bottom