The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I normally don't trim my crops until I'm about to smoke a joint lol. But this crop I might, at least the tops and mids.
Probably take me a week. Maybe less if I can find some hel
I put mine to bed dirty as well. A lot of crystals in the roughage on the bottom of the jar is going into cooking now that my wife takes some.

Have / or do you use a bubble cloner? RO water? nute's? temp? on 24/7? .......

..I saw some old arguing on the subject here 2013 ( or ) There was no clear consensus on anything I could find...Temps were from 67f - 80 f .....yes nute's & no on nute's.....RO water & no RO water .....city water is good.......24 hrs on one said 15 min on 15 min off cycle ??One thing they agreed on was high humidity in a dome..... WTF is there a formula that works today.........any help would be great...tks

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I put mine to bed dirty as well. A lot of crystals in the roughage on the bottom of the jar is going into cooking now that my wife takes some.

..I saw some old arguing on the subject here 2013 ( or ) There was no clear consensus on anything I could find...Temps were from 67f - 80 f .....yes nute's & no on nute's.....RO water & no RO water .....city water is good.......24 hrs on one said 15 min on 15 min off cycle ??One thing they agreed on was high humidity in a dome..... WTF is there a formula that works today.........any help would be great...tks
ime the best formula for taking clones is the KISS method. Rapid Rooters or rockwool cubes in a humidity dome, somewhere dim and warm. Lots of ways to skin that cat, one just has to find a method that works for them. Hell, I've rooted clones in solo cups filled with coco and no humidity dome with great success as well. Bubble cloners and the like just add complexity to something that doesn't need it imo.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
ime the best formula for taking clones is the KISS method. Rapid Rooters or rockwool cubes in a humidity dome, somewhere dim and warm. Lots of ways to skin that cat, one just has to find a method that works for them. Hell, I've rooted clones in solo cups filled with coco and no humidity dome with great success as well. Bubble cloners and the like just add complexity to something that doesn't need it imo.
Toy's we need our toys or it gets boring, and too late I just spent $100 DIy ing one . Now I just need to know how to run the thing...😁😁

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Never used a bubble cloner no. I know a guy that uses one though.
The way my buddy runs his is he starts with RO mixed with a tiny bit of well water and 29% H2O2 at the 3ml/gallon rate, and adds a blob of Wilson's gel to the water. He keeps the air bubbling 24/7 on an 18/6 light schedule. I'll ask about water temp but I'd think 70-75f is likely ideal. He has good results, he roots enormous clones with it. Twice the size of the cuts I take.

I agree with tobh though and like to keep it simple. Rapid rooters in a dome. Hardly ever have any fail and it doesn't get much easier.

@Dirtbag i wonder if you make page 100 before the chop 😆

I think it's almost a guarantee. Still anywhere form 4-7 days out from harvest. Still not seeing any fade as of last night.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well I'm off to a good start if that's the plan.
20220128 164434

I'll drop this one again. Since I've probably listened to this song about 30 times in the last 3 days. What a fuckin earworm. And it absolutely reflects my mood lately. A blend of melancholy and growing unease..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I’ll add

my FIRST attempt with rock wool was a half failure. I ended up having to move into coco and saved them

I oversaturated the cubes, too much water and heat = rot

next time I use em I won’t soak em

KISS
I have horrible luck with rockwool for clones. By far the most clone fails I've had have been with wool. I won't bother trying again anytime soon. Rapid rooters work perfectly fine placed into a wool cube.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
good notes. I'll try to run the cubes for the clones more on the dryer side. When i was putting them in the dwc it was easier as i couldn't see how wet the cubes were and i would just water it once a week or so. Had most successful rate like that, but the last few just in cubes has been difficult.

Observationist

Observationist

I have horrible luck with rockwool for clones. By far the most clone fails I've had have been with wool. I won't bother trying again anytime soon. Rapid rooters work perfectly fine placed into a wool cube.
for sure, those were my very first cloning experience, had no problems, id use them(Rapid rooters) or perlite and/or coco before using those(rockwool) again.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@Dirtbag what you drinking on tonight? Looks like some kind of stout
Was a Chocolate Porter. Moved on to light beer now.
20220128 191315

Checking on the plants right now, things look good. No real fade so to speak but I'm for sure seeing them change, I think it's in the mail.
20220128 190050
20220128 190103
20220128 190118
20220128 190352

Some terribly blurry trich pics.. was the best I could get. Can (not so) clearly see they're almost all cloudy now, few amber here and there. Nearly there.. but I'm going to push it as long as possible.
20220128 190950
20220128 191056

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Was a Chocolate Porter. Moved on to light beer now.View attachment 1211390

Checking on the plants right now, things look good. No real fade so to speak but I'm for sure seeing them change, I think it's in the mail.View attachment 1211384View attachment 1211385View attachment 1211386View attachment 1211387

Some terribly blurry trich pics.. was the best I could get. Can (not so) clearly see they're almost all cloudy now, few amber here and there. Nearly there.. but I'm going to push it as long as possible.View attachment 1211388View attachment 1211389
sexy kids, ugly mother 😄

Latest posts

Top Bottom