The Gas Lantern Techinique!!!

• Thread starter caveman4.20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

honestly, I needed this batch to take, and 18/6 works well for cloning for me. I'll have to experiment with the split schedule for cloning. I've not done blackout.
Ya I see what your saying these are taking there time in the transition they rooted and reveged but still not kicked into gear like a vigorous veg phase

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Everything is rocking now revegging!

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Well I just finished reading through this entire thread. Amazing read, some great information in here. Love the idea of diminishing light schedules. Just wanted to say thanks for showing your experiments.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

No problem and its evolving beautifully please feel free to ask any questions so far the changes I've made are flo's to interrupt the dark period instead of HID... Shooting for the moon cycle in veg and then ill experiment in flower I believe I have culled or weeded out my photoperiod hypersensitive hermies and when I'm sure of it putting them through the test in the diminishing light flower thread and I will apply the moon light in flower too as a surprise ;^} it's gonna be fun proving so many people right and so many others wrong! This plant is truly the amazing star of the show thanks to GOD alpha and Omega for the beans

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Next i will be using flourescents four opening and closing morning and evening light source with HID on for the eight hours in the middle....hows that sound for saving energy

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

No problem and its evolving beautifully please feel free to ask any questions so far the changes I've made are flo's to interrupt the dark period instead of HID... Shooting for the moon cycle in veg and then ill experiment in flower I believe I have culled or weeded out my photoperiod hypersensitive hermies and when I'm sure of it putting them through the test in the diminishing light flower thread and I will apply the moon light in flower too as a surprise ;^} it's gonna be fun proving so many people right and so many others wrong! This plant is truly the amazing star of the show thanks to GOD alpha and Omega for the beans

hey man! great thread and super impressive cloning a few pages back. Just thought I'd chime in - I've heard of people doing "gas lantern" but apparently any on-the-fence hybrids or anything sativa/sativa dom has a tendency to herm in the 12/1 cycle. I've also heard that plants don't grow as fast and there is no stretch when you flip to flower, so vegging takes longer than normal, which can add back to whatever energy bill you were trying to save. Generally in the vegetative state light-hours really count for something in terms of photosynthesis. Once a plant gets into flower though, I don't think photosynthesis is as important as it was since the plant is focused on alot more than just cell division and growth. As long as they're getting light they should be fine, and as far as I've seen diminishing light schedules are the shit.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I harvested from this round, tons of wonderful, crystal covered fat buds. I'll post some finished product pics after this is more dry. I'll be continuing with this schedule!
Wow what kind of diminishing light schedule did you use?
caveman: is that your idea? I'll be following along to see how it comes out!
Nah the flourescent morning and evening came from my primo who raises birds and the moonlight idea came from a great friend who raises reptiles im not sure he understands what im trying to do with plants but basically recreate a moon cycle even if it ends up being a green light or black light need to find out what the nocturnal lizard owners use my cousin has day dwellers anyway glad you enjoy the show and feel free to post up anything relative with a detail description if you dont mind people are just now that i have noticed started to share their results for these against the grain methods .....peace

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

hey man! great thread and super impressive cloning a few pages back. Just thought I'd chime in - I've heard of people doing "gas lantern" but apparently any on-the-fence hybrids or anything sativa/sativa dom has a tendency to herm in the 12/1 cycle. I've also heard that plants don't grow as fast and there is no stretch when you flip to flower, so vegging takes longer than normal, which can add back to whatever energy bill you were trying to save. Generally in the vegetative state light-hours really count for something in terms of photosynthesis. Once a plant gets into flower though, I don't think photosynthesis is as important as it was since the plant is focused on alot more than just cell division and growth. As long as they're getting light they should be fine, and as far as I've seen diminishing light schedules are the shit.
Thanx solidarity cool of you to stop by, get comfortable, and the slow vegg came from the cloning flowering plants the seeds in gas lantern veg schedule were and are vigorous and the clones are jamming now that they are revegging, ya i did have some herm on me but i found atleast eight pheno keepers with no nanners at all so im optimistic....im a big fan of this new style to me and will play around with it for awhile im starting to get excited about growing again....peace out

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Sounds good one or many different phenos? Can't wait to see some pics

C

copacabana

Here are some flowers about ready for smoke reports they will be in the Diminishing light flower schedule...
View attachment 298039

Hey caveman4.20

so how did the GLR buds smoke , did you notice any difference/improvement of your strain compared to your previous grow method not using GLR.

also earlier in this thread lino said that his studends were doing a thesis on GLR....results were to be posted on www.webisers.com ... i looked at his website back then and could not find any GLR thesis anywhere..... i still look back at webisers from time to time but can not see any GLR thesis.....so just wondering if you sighted this thesis yourself and if so would you kindly point me to how i can find thesis.... i left a message for lino but he does not seem to be around.....

i am just vegging some indica clones (G13 S1) on a 13/1 GLR and will drop the 1 hour light interruption in a week and flower it under 13/11 and keep it at 13 on 11 off until chop..... next run i will try GLR 14/1 for veg then drop the 1 hour light interuption and see if/how she flowers at 14/10....

CHEERS MATE

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Your light schedule sounds ideal to maximize indica flowers... As far as thesis is concerned I'm not sure of the requirements
To do one myself and Lino is in out here and hard to catch but I would pm him. I think people are 1. Real busy and underestimate the potential of GLR and or do not to imply the understanding of the moon cycle and its importance to plants plus generAl cannibus growing community seems to think a moon cycle is insignificant??? I will continue my own experiments but I have no desire at the moment to document or execute these experiments with control groups....I highly doubt I will ever grow traditionally again....
I have been extremely impressed with the outcome of my last and every GLR harvest... The smells and flavors and potencies have all been up to par and some plants have surpassed expectation. In the past my personal preference has been Greenhouse medicine and now my artificial light grows are satisfying my medical need just fine until outdoor season comes around... In the past I've felt that artificial sun flowers fx were short lasting compared to my outdoor now I'm not sure i would be able to tell the difference with a blindfold on! I can't wait to compare this coming thanksgiving GH buds to my tent buds!

Thanks for stopping in Copa and I appreciate your interest and feel free to post up any GLR pics!
Cheers and peace bro!

organicozarks

organicozarks

As far as the the 12 1 lighting shed. There is a guy at the shop who "claims " to be running this method. He says that he is getting identical if not better veg results. For me it always goes back to a " what if it doesn't work, and I waste a crop" thought. If it works, we should all be doing it.
I tested this, and posted on another forum. My veg was dramatically slower, but they flowered a bit faster. Over all though it lost me about 3 weeks in total. 12-1 would be good for pure sativas that veg fast, and flower slow. Anything other than that though I would not suggest doing it.

C

copacabana

thanks for the reply caveman.....message sent to lino

there are a number of threads on different forums that have conflicting GLR info from various posters....

i have read that the GLR is a trade secret in the cut flower industry .....i can not find any info on the net re this......

cheers

Top Bottom