The high cost of Seeds !!!!!!!!!!???????????

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think you have to be 21 in Cali. Kind of surprised at 18. If you have a few bucks looks like you can walk out with something.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I think you have to be 21 in Cali. Kind of surprised at 18. If you have a few bucks looks like you can walk out with something.
Random North CA search,
maybe a slight price drop since I last checked.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Thought that sounded familiar. I live about 70 miles south of weed. A lot of big grows get busted in Siskiyou County

Brownthumb

Brownthumb

Prices are way too high at dispensaries… why home grown will always rule…. Genetics will dilute and get stronger by nature… keep growing and enjoy!!!!

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

I like doing the work and seeing what comes out of the seeds I pop. I could stock a garden with elite cuts no problem, but not appealing to me at all.
I feel like this is a hobbyist growers mentality, like myself, who finds it cathartic and almost therapeutic to go through the process of a home grow... When you are a producer and part of a supply chain, you've got to appease the customers, dispos, etc. which doesn't allow for hunting phenos and hit or miss genetics... hence clones from viable mothers are essential. You're only as good as your last cycle in that end of the spectrum. Now that HVLD is causing issues, quality clones that have been tested and certified disease free are becoming the essential commodity.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I used seedsman.com and got barneys farm genetics. 10 bucks a seed basically. Dropped 160 and i have no regrets. ..ironically one strain is seedsman, herer fast. . .and im confident it will be the best of all of them.

Screenshot 20220429 135211
Screenshot 20220429 135201
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Dispensary's are the same (60 bucks a eighth more or less) pretty much anywhere in the states no matter how for a grassroots glut there is, like those pretty, bone dry machine buffed nugs are worth the $$$. 🤷‍♂️
Your the winner of this thread. 😅
“Bone dry machine buffed nugs” hahahaha lol so they can pump out mass quantities.
Here in Colorado I think they are peaking out. Know a couple of dispensary’s have put a hold on clone cutting for the next round because everyone is getting overloaded. So now the dispo’s are just buying other dispo weed, killing jobs because they growing to much for their britches.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
How are we going to get our next gen of elite breeders if they dont 'try'? Breed crap, go ahead, that's the only way someone's gonna be able to identify "crap" genes from good. And sadly you need a large population in school of hard knocks to find those few that will make the cut.
Hobby growers is an insult...that way of life contains a passion helicopter growers can not afford to have in their s.o.p. so we need both. To find a new thing is great, get some mass produced and see if community embraces it or not.
Not everyone wants to live in the past where only Sour Deisel is allowed to be called great.

H

hawkman

I used seedsman.com and got barneys farm genetics. 10 bucks a seed basically. Dropped 160 and i have no regrets. ..ironically one strain is seedsman, herer fast. . .and im confident it will be the best of all of them.
seedman is a very good place but prices are a bit too high for me- there are cheaper "banks" out their. But Seedman is rated in the the 5 places to purchase seeds

growsince79

growsince79

Never checked OK & not super recently but did in totally legal states that I heard people couldn't give weed away like summer tomatoes & it was still 60ish range maybe its a $$$ state thing. 🤷‍♂️
10k commercial licenses @$2500 each, and 300k med card holders that can grow 12ea. The coorperate bigwigs get rich while running the companies into eventual bankruptcy. Foolish investors foot the bill.

Anthem

Anthem

One mans pheno hunted $20 clone is another mans $400 elite clone. But besides the price, what makes it elite? When are the 95% considered garbage? I would think most commercial growers are more concerned with big yields fast. A few trips to any Oklahoma dispensery, and you know they aren't concerned with terps and potency. So who buys the $1000 clone? Is it the personal use med grower, who is able to get outstanding cuts for $25 -30. There are places around here selling unbelievable cuts for $35, I don't know how it can get much better.
So I'm still wondering wtf makes a legal seed or cut worth $1000. I guess I'll never know.
I think there is a thread on here by Dirtbag with the wedding crashers cut he got from a source that was a clone. That might help you understand that there is a difference.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Everything about growing is personal preference, down to what you want from the growing experience. Are you looking to produce the best? What’s the best for you? Are you looking to make a profit? Do you just want to produce your own medicine? What kind of medicine do you need? The questions go on and on. No one size fits all strain whether it be seed or clone everything has its place as long as you can look beyond the hype and marketing.

J

JenkylClones

I feel like this is a hobbyist growers mentality, like myself, who finds it cathartic and almost therapeutic to go through the process of a home grow... When you are a producer and part of a supply chain, you've got to appease the customers, dispos, etc. which doesn't allow for hunting phenos and hit or miss genetics... hence clones from viable mothers are essential. You're only as good as your last cycle in that end of the spectrum. Now that HVLD is causing issues, quality clones that have been tested and certified disease free are becoming the essential commodity.

Most don't know what hlvd is unfortunately. A quality clone site is using culture so hlvd is a non-issue. Our moms are cycled through culture every 120 days which eliminates 99.99999% of all pathogens. Most also don't know seeds can carry hlvd. Soak in h2o2 mix every time at the very least to try and kill it off. Most would be shocked at the percentage of hlvd in home gardens.

growsince79

growsince79

I think there is a thread on here by Dirtbag with the wedding crashers cut he got from a source that was a clone. That might help you understand that there is a difference.
I agree, if you plant lots of seeds one out of the batch will be the best. I saw the thread you mentioned and the clone looks great. But there are thousands of plants out there just as good and better. There are also millions that are close enough to not matter. Just my opinion. I can drive to OKC and buy just as good or better for $35, but I don't need to.

Glassdub

Glassdub

seedman is a very good place but prices are a bit too high for me- there are cheaper "banks" out their. But Seedman is rated in the the 5 places to purchase seeds
I've seen some pretty good deals on Seedsman US to be honest, since its stateside you don't have the weird fees & shipping issues to deal with.

DanC520

DanC520

No argument. I said something similar in a subsequent post from the one you responded to.

growsince79

growsince79

Random North CA search,
maybe a slight price drop since I last checked.
Crazy bud prices. My kids get just as good black market in Bakersfield for $50-75/oz. $25 clones seem pretty reasonable.

Top Bottom