The high cost of Seeds !!!!!!!!!!???????????

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

That’s funny because they all pretty much have the same indica leaning heavy high just different flavors. It’s a race to find the next flav, nothing else matters to these kids.
Hard to change minds when all they have seen are rock hard nugs. A nicely grown Thai that will peel your wig, with its fluffy fox tailed appearance just doesn't seem to have the same appeal. That is till you burn one with the younguns and it cuts right through that indica fog and they like wassat?

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Hard to change minds when all they have seen are rock hard nugs. A nicely grown Thai that will peel your wig, with its fluffy fox tailed appearance just doesn't seem to have the same appeal. That is till you burn one with the younguns and it cuts right through that indica fog and they like wassat?
People around here are like “I want a sativa” hand them a bag of a true sativa and they are like “that’s ugly” smh. ppl are so twisted up by marketing bs

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
That’s funny because they all pretty much have the same indica leaning heavy high just different flavors. It’s a race to find the next flav, nothing else matters to these kids.
Lol u got that quick
If they are doing genetics testing it’s going to be for a patent or something.

haven’t been in a dispo in 6 years but I was just looking at prices online and saw $60 and I’m like wtf. I sell that same strain for $120 an ounce🤣.
I noticed another thing on the gram, put seeds on the gram in a glass wax sealed jar and of course “very limited” and boom multiple hundreds of dollars for 10 seeds😆. How do we really know how limited it is? Two months later I’m sure another limited batch drops.
Lol stop conflating what I am saying.
If they are doing genetics testing it’s going to be for a patent or something.

haven’t been in a dispo in 6 years but I was just looking at prices online and saw $60 and I’m like wtf. I sell that same strain for $120 an ounce🤣.
I noticed another thing on the gram, put seeds on the gram in a glass wax sealed jar and of course “very limited” and boom multiple hundreds of dollars for 10 seeds😆. How do we really know how limited it is? Two months later I’m sure another limited batch drops.
Not completely true. There are many breeders doing genetic testing on their stuff for a multitude of different reasons. Like wtf? This isn’t the 90s and the human genome project. PCR is incredibly cheap and simple to do. Genetic analysis is not some scary term. They are sexing plants early, removing latent viruses from long held stock, locating bio markers related to certain canabs.. I’m not trying to be the smart guy. This is literally the future of cannabis.

Check doug from elitephenos in Massachusetts @GrowHobo

growsince79

growsince79

The way things are going one day everything will be crossed with everything and we'll be stuck with one choice.
Pretty much that way now. How many true hybrids do you see now? It's all polybrid heinz 57 indica leaners. They don't have the vigor or head that you get from a good sativa hybrid.
I admit I'm a seed junkie though. I want a variety of superb strains. Just bought 3 for $20 - voodoo thai. Supposed to be landrace thai x the white. Its on the waiting list.

Last edited:
Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

I'm getting email after email from different seed banks I've never used plus the ones I do use. Christmas sale. I'm finding all kinds of reasonable priced gear. I'll be spending a few hundo on probably 50 or so seeds including the freebies. I'm going to get all kinds of strains. I'll leave the 1 strain $500 packs for the pros

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Lol stop conflating what I am saying.

Not completely true. There are many breeders doing genetic testing on their stuff for a multitude of different reasons. Like wtf? This isn’t the 90s and the human genome project. PCR is incredibly cheap and simple to do. Genetic analysis is not some scary term. They are sexing plants early, removing latent viruses from long held stock, locating bio markers related to certain canabs.. I’m not trying to be the smart guy. This is literally the future of cannabis.

Check doug from elitephenos in Massachusetts @GrowHobo
Im sure your 100% right I’m going to check the dude out I know ppl are doing it right it just becomes difficult to sort through all the pretty packaged hype bs

Glassdub

Glassdub

It’s built off hype and hype alone. People are dumb, cookies dispensary’s selling $60 1/8’s plus tax for pretty packaging and a receipt. I don’t f-ing get it anymore, the highest price I ever saw before regulation was $50 1/8.
The crazy thing is that it is the same price in fully legal states where home growers can't give it away like the stuff in foo foo dispensary’s is so much better, Spoiler: It's Not, just machine trimmed popcorn. 🤷‍♂️

S

syl

Yes there are people who spend enormous sums of cash on beans, what does not make sense is its just weed, it most likely will not be over 30% thc, you can brag to your friends, it may be good smoke but there is plenty of good smoke at reasonable prices, you can't sell it! What are you going to charge $1000 an 1/8? I had got some free dragons flame genetics and gave it away and everyone told me I was a fool, when it was done it was not bad but hardly worth bragging about in fact I like plain old critical better, to me this is stupid seeds already cost to much but to blow 5 grand on a few beans to me is obscene, if you have mony like that to blow I suggest buying your favorite reg strain and donate the rest to a food pantry or toys for tots you will feel better and get good karma.
with you on that,

To be honest, some of the landrace's in thier native origin, beat the piss out of "modern genetics'

Im not saying the landraces are feasible for indoor growing they actually are not, they are meant to be sun grown, where they hail from

but the real apacaluco gold in the 70s grown in apacaluco, was as good as anything bred today.

we have bred to grow indoors, we have advanced in it surely, but.....

for me, I actually tend to go for the non popularized genetics often, because the cannabinoid profile is different from what people are used too.

Im an outside the box kinda guy, and everyone is blown away by my smoke always. it is not because Im some amazing grower, its because, the cannabinoid profile i mess with, is not common, or popular, so it "feeL's stronger to them, tbh it's not, they just aren't used to that profile.

There is a lot of hype and BS surrounding cannabis.

marketing is stupid

growsince79

growsince79

The crazy thing is that it is the same price in fully legal states where home growers can't give it away like the stuff in foo foo dispensary’s is so much better, Spoiler: It's Not, just machine trimmed popcorn. 🤷‍♂️
And the only people buying it is ocasasional smokers who never smoked until it was made legal.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Pretty much that way now. How many true hybrids do you see now? It's all polybrid heinz 57 indica leaners. They don't have the vigor or head that you get from a good sativa hybrid.
I admit I'm a seed junkie though. I want a variety of superb strains. Just bought 3 for $20 - voodoo thai. Supposed to be landrace thai x the white. Its on the waiting list.
This is why Skunk has basically disappeared. Crossed and crossed again. I maintain an IBL Durban and it's a pain. But I maintain it because someone should. It's not that potent just like most landrace sativas. It's great bud. Tastes fantastic. But I have to run just Durban when I run for seed. Have to tear everything down to make sure nothing happens to expose them to another strain's pollen.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I love when a 200 or 500 dollar pack dosent even have a picture, a description of lineage or even better its copied from another website...
There are so many that do this hilarious thing....
To me its elite/overpriced birdfeed 🤣 🤣 🤣

growsince79

growsince79

I love when a 200 or 500 dollar pack dosent even have a picture, a description of lineage or even better its copied from another website...
A fool and his money...

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Flowers in 60 days 😂

Moshmen

Moshmen

This is why Skunk has basically disappeared. Crossed and crossed again. I maintain an IBL Durban and it's a pain. But I maintain it because someone should. It's not that potent just like most landrace sativas. It's great bud. Tastes fantastic. But I have to run just Durban when I run for seed. Have to tear everything down to make sure nothing happens to expose them to another strain's pollen.
Your appreciated! Thanx for the work-this is what’s it’s supposed be about in my mind - for the love.

Top Bottom