The high cost of Seeds !!!!!!!!!!???????????

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

And thats ok......maybe do some research about it, if I tell you thats a consultation, and I perfer to get paid for consultations. 😃
I'm here because I love cannabis and cannabis users. I'm here to learn from others and help people for free. Why are you here? To drum up business for your consulting business and get paid to teach people how to count leaf serrations?

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I could care less about your personal relationships , you were talking about all these great breeders who were doing genetic testing and putting all this love into I thought u might throw out a few names, like a business or breeder??? You know like promote ppl. Apparently you don’t get it. I can tell you are well informed because you know some big words and act condescending. 👍
I could care less about your personal relationships , you were talking about all these great breeders who were doing genetic testing and putting all this love into I thought u might throw out a few names, like a business or breeder??? You know like promote ppl. Apparently you don’t get it. I can tell you are well informed because you know some big words and act condescending. 👍
Lol now you really don’t get it. Some people aren’t seeking any promotion. They are chasing IPs fool. You just have no clue. It’s all love tho bro. For real.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Lol now you really don’t get it. Some people aren’t seeking any promotion. They are chasing IPs fool. You just have no clue. It’s all love tho bro. For real.
I just thought you were referring to established “breeders” not just some rando u know of but I realize that’s generally where all the best stuff is at. Good luck 👍

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I just thought you were referring to established “breeders” not just some rando u know of but I realize that’s generally where all the best stuff is at. Good luck
I just thought you were referring to established “breeders” not just some rando u know of but I realize that’s generally where all the best stuff is at. Good luck 👍
Lol couldn’t step away without an attempt at a dig? It’s ok champ, people generally feel uncomfortable about things they don’t know. I wish you good luck as well. I do caution you though. Sometimes people are more informed than you… and they aren’t even trying to be condescending. Still coming with lots of love.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

I'm here because I love cannabis and cannabis users. I'm here to learn from others and help people for free. Why are you here? To drum up business for your consulting business and get paid to teach people how to count leaf serrations?
I appreciate your passion. I do not appreciate the direction.

First off what I said and the direction you seem to be trying to take this in, with my comment about counting leaf serration, is getting absurd. I said "how many of us have thought about", I have not said that I do or do not use what you are calling a "method" or that it was even a thing, I said THOUGHT about it. It was a reference to what the head breeder at Freeborn Selections had said in a Potcast interview and a place I would like to get to with my own skills. The point behind what I said and what you can not seem to grasp is that we, that's YOU, ME, and 9/10's of the people reading this, do not possess the observational skills on that level to even begin to be breeders or to see the genetic markers for certain traits, and people who are on that level DESERVE to be able to set the price for and be well paid for what they do. It can be taught, but to FIRST see it, AND UNDERSTAND it is a skill. Tell the head breeder of the above mentioned company how his stuff is overpriced with your wallet if you want to. A lot of people disagree with you. They know he does possess those skills and that's a commodity, intellectual property. Surely you can see how the original direction of this post, the high price of seeds, and my points about a man or woman setting their own price directly translates to so many other aspects of the cannabis community and the difference between the small farmer and corp cannabis. Maybe not.

Its rather obvious though, and I say this in a completely friendly and conversational manner, that you are trying to troll me and get some kind of off hand knee jerk offensive commentary going here. It seems to me, and I apologize in advance if I am out of pocket, like you are trying to find some morsel or tidbit you can gain hold of to try to discredit the new guy on the scene. That's nothing new, plenty of forums have those members, and its shallow really, almost as shallow as the water under your troll bridge. Look at your reply above, its pretty telling. You claim some moral high ground you have made up in your mind of who you are, and then want me to defend or disprove some strawman you have made up in your mind of who I am. If you could not see the humor in my last comment and the analogy of my original point I seriously apologize to you and for you taking it as my trying to illicit funds from you or anyone else on this forum for information. I do not buy or sell anything cannabis related anymore, except for garden supplies, a pack of papers, and a screen for my bowl. Knowledge that has been freely gained is freely given, even some not so.

growsince79

growsince79

First off what I said and the direction you seem to be trying to take this in, with my comment about counting leaf serration, is getting absurd. I said "how many of us have thought about", I have not said that I do or do not use what you are calling a "method" or that it was even a thing, I said THOUGHT about it. It was a reference to what the head breeder at Freeborn Selections had said in a Potcast interview and a place I would like to get to with my own skills. The point behind what I said and what you can not seem to grasp is that we, that's YOU, ME, and 9/10's of the people reading this, do not possess the observational skills on that level to even begin to be breeders or to see the genetic markers for certain traits, and people who are on that level DESERVE to be able to set the price for and be well paid for what they do. It can be taught, but to FIRST see it, AND UNDERSTAND it is a skill. Tell the head breeder of the above mentioned company how his stuff is overpriced with your wallet if you want to. A lot of people disagree with you. They know he does possess those skills and that's a commodity, intellectual property. Surely you can see how the original direction of this post, the high price of seeds, and my points about a man or woman setting their own price directly translates to so many other aspects of the cannabis community and the difference between the small farmer and corp cannabis. Maybe not.

Its rather obvious though, and I say this in a completely friendly and conversational manner, that you are trying to troll me and get some kind of off hand knee jerk offensive commentary going here. It seems to me, and I apologize in advance if I am out of pocket, like you are trying to find some morsel or tidbit you can gain hold of to try to discredit the new guy on the scene. That's nothing new, plenty of forums have those members, and its shallow really, almost as shallow as the water under your troll bridge. Look at your reply above, its pretty telling. You claim some moral high ground you have made up in your mind of who you are, and then want me to defend or disprove some strawman you have made up in your mind of who I am. If you could not see the humor in my last comment and the analogy of my original point I seriously apologize to you and for you taking it as my trying to illicit funds from you or anyone else on this forum for information. I do not buy or sell anything cannabis related anymore, except for garden supplies, a pack of papers, and a screen for my bowl. Knowledge that has been freely gained is freely given, even some not so.
I have 10 thousand seeds I made that are as good or better than any I've ever bought. Just lucky I guess. I'm sure lots of other home growers have done the same. I give them away free and I'm sure others do too.
IMO the whole cannabis seed market is a scam. $100-$1000 for a pack of seeds that you have to grow 10-20 plants just to find a keeper is BS ripoff. I buy pepper and tomato seeds every year for about $2 a pack. No reason weed should be any different.

7munkee

7munkee

FuriousStyles wall of text HITS growSince79 for 420,000 nature damage.

growsice79 is stunned.

P

Pike

patience, the best virtue of a grower.

is there a “wish list” thread here, haven’t come across it if there is. Might be some rules here that forbid it, it’s a good way for members of a community to post up there wants, what they may have to trade. Have always enjoyed trading seed with others, lots of good seedlines made by growers.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
patience, the best virtue of a grower.

is there a “wish list” thread here, haven’t come across it if there is. Might be some rules here that forbid it, it’s a good way for members of a community to post up there wants, what they may have to trade. Have always enjoyed trading seed with others, lots of good seedlines made by growers.
There is a classified section for trades and sells of seeds and clones.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I have 10 thousand seeds I made that are as good or better than any I've ever bought. Just lucky I guess. I'm sure lots of other home growers have done the same. I give them away free and I'm sure others do too.
IMO the whole cannabis seed market is a scam. $100-$1000 for a pack of seeds that you have to grow 10-20 plants just to find a keeper is BS ripoff. I buy pepper and tomato seeds every year for about $2 a pack. No reason weed should be any different.
It’s built off hype and hype alone. People are dumb, cookies dispensary’s selling $60 1/8’s plus tax for pretty packaging and a receipt. I don’t f-ing get it anymore, the highest price I ever saw before regulation was $50 1/8.

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

lately have seen packs of seeds for $500.00 a pack (regs) and $1.500.00 a pack (fems) and have even seen a clone for $10,000.00 (Chimers#3) (white truffle x the creation) and a Plantmum Kush Breath Remix for $1,500.00
help me understand the cost of seeds ? - understand that it takes some years before one gets a stable seed ------------- have spent $125.00 a pack --------- What is the most you have ever spent ?
Yeah it's retarded. I usually buy my packs on sale and get full freebie packs for usually 60-100$ a pack

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

It’s built off hype and hype alone. People are dumb, cookies dispensary’s selling $60 1/8’s plus tax for pretty packaging and a receipt. I don’t f-ing get it anymore, the highest price I ever saw before regulation was $50 1/8.
I stopped buying the shitty weed they sell years ago about 50% or more of these big grows don't flush , just to make that sale faster . Dirty weed is so gross

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I stopped buying the shitty weed they sell years ago about 50% or more of these big grows don't flush , just to make that sale faster . Dirty weed is so gross
It also packs on extra weight to boot while making the weed burn like shit. But… you get a pretty package.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

The glass jar 1/8ths with the label are $85 around here. The bag with the label is $60-65. 🤣

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah it's retarded. I usually buy my packs on sale and get full freebie packs for usually 60-100$ a pack
Every now and then, I buy seeds just to see if I can get something better than what I already have. Out of 32 store bought seeds, so far I found one thats just as potent and has a nice smoke.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Lol I guess you missed my sarcasm about you being well informed and I’m sorry your uncomfortable about things you don’t know. Like I said I thought you were referring to established breeders in the cannabis industry doing genetic testing and what not. I was genuinely curious who you were referring to so I could check them out but turns out it was just talk as I stated above. Sorry
If they are doing genetics testing it’s going to be for a patent or something.
The glass jar 1/8ths with the label are $85 around here. The bag with the label is $60-65. 🤣
haven’t been in a dispo in 6 years but I was just looking at prices online and saw $60 and I’m like wtf. I sell that same strain for $120 an ounce🤣.
I noticed another thing on the gram, put seeds on the gram in a glass wax sealed jar and of course “very limited” and boom multiple hundreds of dollars for 10 seeds😆. How do we really know how limited it is? Two months later I’m sure another limited batch drops.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

If they are doing genetics testing it’s going to be for a patent or something.

haven’t been in a dispo in 6 years but I was just looking at prices online and saw $60 and I’m like wtf. I sell that same strain for $120 an ounce🤣.
I noticed another thing on the gram, put seeds on the gram in a glass wax sealed jar and of course “very limited” and boom multiple hundreds of dollars for 10 seeds😆. How do we really know how limited it is? Two months later I’m sure another limited batch drops.
Lol u got that quick

Top Bottom