The high cost of Seeds !!!!!!!!!!???????????

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
simple economics. he who lowers prices enters a race to being broke. tack "rare," "exotic," "elite," "limited," etc into the description and you automatically have something unattainable which in turn commands a higher price.

would i ever spend more than $200 on a pack? hell no. would I ever pay for a clone? negative. why tf would i pay for the opportunity to introduce pathogens, pests, and hassle into my clean environment? with where weed prices are, i don't give a shit if you have the best cut of ECSD or SSSH from the 90s, a single pound doesn't recoup the cost of purchase on some of those cuts.

it's all a racket right now man. greed has taken hold and investors want something to show for their money. buy a handful of packs, do your own seed runs, and be self reliant on not needing any of the new fancy shit. with enough rep, people will start sharing/trading seeds with you too so there's also that avenue of procurement. don't pay the trolls.
“Limited” and “elite” are my fav’s!

sportyridr

sportyridr

What would go a long way is for breeders to actually say something about the strain/cross/cultivar they're selling. There are a lot of high priced breeders who just mention the cross and nothing more. If you aren't familiar with the parents of the cross, you're SOL.

Effects, scents, flowering time and any notes about growing, like stretch, pH demands, typical nutrient deficiencies, are basic information. If a breeder is too much of an artist to be bothered with such formalities, I'm not going to be a customer.

Exactly...if these fools think I'm going to drop a hundred for ugh "reg" seeds and no info...well they can kiss my ass lol...

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Wow all this over seed pricing. This is why real name breeders don't comment on these boards any more. Why people from back in the day left.

I read this as a lot of envy and bitterness. Seems none can grasp the simple concept of who are you to think you can put a price on another man's labor. Period. You list all these reasons why his labor is not valuable in YOUR mind, that justify why YOU do not agree to his labors worth. Who are you to think every one else is so dumb you decide what another man's labor is worth for everyone else? Just do not buy it his product. Why are you hating on people who think it is worth it or see a value in it YOU do not? Why are you mad because someone feels their time and product IS extremely valuable? Maybe your labor is more valuable than what YOU allow someone else to tell you it is worth. Could be your labor is more valuable than YOU think because you have been told it isn't. Could be envy and bitterness wont allow you to see you are wanting to deny someone freedom in the market place, freedom to set their own worth and not allow someone else to tell them what they are worth. Freedom, you should want for yourself.

I just don't get it.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Wow all this over seed pricing. This is why real name breeders don't comment on these boards any more. Why people from back in the day left.

I read this as a lot of envy and bitterness. Seems none can grasp the simple concept of who are you to think you can put a price on another man's labor. Period. You list all these reasons why his labor is not valuable in YOUR mind, that justify why YOU do not agree to his labors worth. Who are you to think every one else is so dumb you decide what another man's labor is worth for everyone else? Just do not buy it his product. Why are you hating on people who think it is worth it or see a value in it YOU do not? Why are you mad because someone feels their time and product IS extremely valuable? Maybe your labor is more valuable than what YOU allow someone else to tell you it is worth. Could be your labor is more valuable than YOU think because you have been told it isn't. Could be envy and bitterness wont allow you to see you are wanting to deny someone freedom in the market place, freedom to set their own worth and not allow someone else to tell them what they are worth. Freedom, you should want for yourself.

I just don't get it.
I’ve been through a ton of elite strains over the last 20 years and no matter how much hype it had behind it just became another bitch in the stable after a run or two.
If the breeder didn’t take the time to make what he’s selling an (ibl) then no it’s really not worth more then $100 a pack. They only ever show the best pheno which probably took a few packs to find. Then when you buy to hem and are not pheno hunting multiple packs you end up with a bunch of mids.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.

I just don't get it.
Labor is worth money. I don't have a problem haunting the net and paying from $150-200 from a small time breeder like square one. The guy literally has 5 4x4s to produce his seeds. Now when a big time outfit like Seed Junkies wants $500 a pack? That's not labor. That's greed. But also capitalism. I'm not going to get bent out of shape by it. Just going to vote against with my feet and my wallet.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Just talk then
I'm trying hard to be kind on these boards. What are you talking about m8? I would not ever give anyone information on my business relationships. Does it really make you that uncomfortable when someone talks about something you didn't know? I imagine tissue culture also makes you uncomfortable. Micropropagation? I'm trying to give insight on the convergence of a million things in this industry. Many breeders back in the day didn't take populations past F2 a lot of times because there was no incentive besides a personal one. Pike is correct. But Capitalism is alive and weed is a commodity. I don't want big agriculture to take over anymore than anyone else.

C

chromeguitarironman

lately have seen packs of seeds for $500.00 a pack (regs) and $1.500.00 a pack (fems) and have even seen a clone for $10,000.00 (Chimers#3) (white truffle x the creation) and a Plantmum Kush Breath Remix for $1,500.00
help me understand the cost of seeds ? - understand that it takes some years before one gets a stable seed ------------- have spent $125.00 a pack --------- What is the most you have ever spent ?
The industry is eating itself - driving prices up - you are best to find true breeders with landraces - 80's breeding projects and ignore expensive cookie generation - they are not sustainable and will perish within 20 years.

growsince79

growsince79

I'm trying hard to be kind on these boards. What are you talking about m8? I would not ever give anyone information on my business relationships. Does it really make you that uncomfortable when someone talks about something you didn't know? I imagine tissue culture also makes you uncomfortable. Micropropagation? I'm trying to give insight on the convergence of a million things in this industry. Many breeders back in the day didn't take populations past F2 a lot of times because there was no incentive besides a personal one. Pike is correct. But Capitalism is alive and weed is a commodity. I don't want big agriculture to take over anymore than anyone else.
Takes a big grow to go past f3. I only made f3 one time. Out of 20 plants none were as good as any of the f1s. For closet growing pollen chuckers like me, its better to stick with f1s or backcross f2 to f1 or f0

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

How does counting leaf serrations predict the winners. Can you explain the fake science behind your idiotic method?
Look at your reply. Tells a lot about you. Get off your high horse. I did not say it was any method I just said "have thought about it." You got some strawman made up for me that you must fight against when all I have done is point out you want to deny someone else freedom you would want for yourself. Get over your self man I have no fight with you or anyone

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Labor is worth money. I don't have a problem haunting the net and paying from $150-200 from a small time breeder like square one. The guy literally has 5 4x4s to produce his seeds. Now when a big time outfit like Seed Junkies wants $500 a pack? That's not labor. That's greed. But also capitalism. I'm not going to get bent out of shape by it. Just going to vote against with my feet and my wallet.
I grew out two packs of seed junkies wedding cake bx1’s to look for males and I was so surprised to see so many intersex plants. One was full out male and female and many others had early nanners in the others. Found 1 pheno I liked but didn’t keep because it wasn’t as good as the cut.
Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 the crosses I made will be better 🤣😅

growsince79

growsince79

Look at your reply. Tells a lot about you. Get off your high horse. I did not say it was any method I just said "have thought about it." You got some strawman made up for me that you must fight against when all I have done is point out you want to deny someone else freedom you would want for yourself. Get over your self man I have no fight with you or anyone
OK then I have no clue what you even said.
I don't want to deny anyone's freedom. You have the right to sell monkey poop for as much as you can. Others have every right to pay whatever they want for it. I just think its dumb- and I have every right to say so.
I also think counting leaf serrations to pick winners is the ultimate in bro science. But you have every right to adhere to that method if you want. Happy grows.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

OK then I have no clue what you even said.
I don't want to deny anyone's freedom. You have the right to sell monkey poop for as much as you can. Others have every right to pay whatever they want for it. I just think its dumb- and I have every right to say so.
I also think counting leaf serrations to pick winners is the ultimate in bro science. But you have every right to adhere to that method if you want. Happy grows.
And thats ok......maybe do some research about it, if I tell you thats a consultation, and I perfer to get paid for consultations. 😃

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I could care less about your personal relationships , you were talking about all these great breeders who were doing genetic testing and putting all this love into I thought u might throw out a few names, like a business or breeder??? You know like promote ppl. Apparently you don’t get it. I can tell you are well informed because you know some big words and act condescending. 👍

7munkee

7munkee

I've been buying exclusively from Nirvanashop for almost 15 years. Their seeds have like a 90% germ rate and they are GREAT genetics.

Their seeds started out $25 for 10 reg or 5 feminized.

A few years ago they raised prices to $20-$30 for 5.

Last month they raised prices again $60-$80 for 5.

I'm thankful that I bought 7 packs in the summer for $30.

Stealth shipping and reasonably quick for being out of Holland. Never had a pack confiscated through customs.

Top Bottom