The history of chemdawg

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
symbiote420

symbiote420

So just in case I'm not understanding this right ...the TK was around before the Chemdog? If that's true that alone puts an end to the myth that OG has Chem in it!

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that most of if not all OGs are either S1s or cuts that suffer from genetic drift .....I believe the same with the Chems. I've been growing ndnguy's Ghash ('88 G13/HP) and I've found some really chemmy smelling phenos similar to all three strains, OG, Chem, and Diesel. Found a post not too long ago where JJ stated he believes the Chems started from either G13, NL, or HP which I was elated to hear because that helped to back up my observations!
I'm glad we're having this discussion .....it's only 10 to 15 years too late lol, but I hope we can finally get some of these stories ironed out and some of the ends tied together.

-Are the Dogbud and the Colorado Green Bud the same? Back from '89 - '94 when I used to visit my peeps in the south (Memphis, Tenn.), they spoke highly of some erb that was coming up from FL that they called "The Pines" they swear up & down the early OGs like the Ghost, TK, and SFV looks the same! I remember that bud vaguely but it was sticky/frosty & super dense, nothing sweet or lemony about it though, it was straight up earthy/piney/fuely

SpiderK

SpiderK

Thai Stick: Surfers, Scammers, and the Untold Story of the Marijuana Trade

Mike Ritter dropped out of the University of California, Santa Cruz, in 1967 and set off on the Hippie Trail to Afghanistan and India, where he began smuggling hash and marijuana in 1968 and continued for eighteen years. He recently graduated from the University of Hawaii with an undergraduate degree in astronomy and physics.

Last edited:
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ya ....I'm convinced theres Thai in og
Thai Stick: Surfers, Scammers, and the Untold Story of the Marijuana Trade

Mike Ritter dropped out of the University of California, Santa Cruz, in 1967 and set off on the Hippie Trail to Afghanistan and India, where he began smuggling hash and marijuana in 1968 and continued for eighteen years. He recently graduated from the University of Hawaii with an undergraduate degree in astronomy and physics.

thanks for sharing that videos dope I'll have to get the movie or book

urban1026835

urban1026835

pretty much all I wanted to hear, was what PBud and JJ had to say..the one guy missing in that conversation was Weasel, I'd like to hear what he would have to say. Keep in mind PBud isn't from the East Coast and JJ is..gives different perspectives. From what I have grown, there is much more to Sour D than just Chemdog(DogBud). At least in the last 15 years, the one we call SourD from NY to FL resembles a more skunky, more sattie, more sweet, all around better high than chemdog alone. Her being sensitive makes me wanna believe the herm story about the DNL. I've heard someone say at some point they thought it might simply be '91 got hit by the Daywrecker. The main story promoted seems to be that the DNL hermed and hit the '91. Hearing all of this I think Sour Diesel has been an interchangeable moniker of sorts, especially in the Burroughs. I've seen pictures of some people's SD that looks just like '91 nugs or even smaller. What people call AJ looks closer to this type and looks closer to Daywrecker budshape wise. All I know is the white AJ SD, is putting out massive sativa plants with huge ass colas..so I don't know...could mostly be just different phenos most people have. The most widely known SD that I have seen on the Atlantic Sea Board has fit the Hawaiian profile. It's all very interesting..lol...seems a lot of good strains came to be, from reasons of hoarding and bagseed finds.

I thought weasel and asshole joe were one and the same?

Natural

Natural

I thought weasel and asshole joe were one and the same?

I don't think so. You hear JJ talk about Weasel and Staten Island..if he was part of that interview I'm sure he might be able to set the record straight. Never know about folks as the years go by..could be dead or married and out the game..who knows. Then you'll hear AJ ramblin on about how Chem morphed into Sour over the years in diff gardens. Yet his cut is showing HA traits..imho...I think he's just laying claim to shit..maybe he (AJ)got some of the herm bag seeds.
..and for the record wankonobe aka joe brand was the cat getting all the Dogbuds from the PNW..not Pbud as he's alluding to..although PBud was in the mix and smokin plenty of it back then...from what I'm told.
All in all..I'm glad these cats went public..even if sum of the info is jarbled..it's nice to hear them talk about it and know they're still kickin it.

urban1026835

urban1026835

You know I was just roling around where the hell I got the impression they were the same people and realized what an asshat I am.

It was just the weasel cut and aj cut that i thought are the same thing...or are they?

urban1026835

urban1026835

-Are the Dogbud and the Colorado Green Bud the same? Back from '89 - '94 when I used to visit my peeps in the south (Memphis, Tenn.), they spoke highly of some erb that was coming up from FL that they called "The Pines" they swear up & down the early OGs like the Ghost, TK, and SFV looks the same! I remember that bud vaguely but it was sticky/frosty & super dense, nothing sweet or lemony about it though, it was straight up earthy/piney/fuely

any relation to the> in the pines< cut?

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

there's a good thread about this going on overt at that "other" ic site , with posts from Joe, Pbud , Nspecta , all of the old crew : )

CageyBee

CageyBee

^^^ You guys are wasting your time talking about this here or anywhere. They'll talk all f'n day and in the end youll still have no real answers. Its almost like theyre making it up all over again as they talk. All the chem threads end the same way. No real answers

JJ-NYC

JJ-NYC

Who's Pubs Mike? There ain't no truth to that at all...there's no Super Skunk in Dogbud...ya never know about TK though...there's a good 'possibility' Triangle Kush came from the Southern Oregon/Northern California border area...just like Dogbud.

There's all sorts of holes in some of those guys stories...especially Mass G...that guy can't remember all the lies he tells...I can't believe he's still spreading bullshit to this day. Anyone who believes 'G' is just plain ignorant...I'd love to sit him down and get him to come clean and admit what exactly he lied about and just keep it real and tell the simple truth. Everyone wants to be famous...and that's when the truth gets away from them...they wanna be bigger than life.
I'm not sure what holes you are talking about? The story has always been the same to me. Maybe a few changes over the years after learning the real truth. Yes I know we've had this conversation before and your theory doesn't make sense to me. Why lie about it? The only point you made to me was why there was so much difference in the original seeds. The 91, D, and Sister were all from G and were very different from the Chem 1 2 3 4's that JoeB found.

Latest posts

Top Bottom