The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
robomont

robomont

I know what you're sayin'..some of those functional og's with that quality body buzz..most are good cuts taken down early..like 8 weeks. Take lhb at 8 weeks..not as functional..some strong og right there..legs for days
thats how i ran my last batch,its not about the munchies and sleep for me.its about being stoned and awake to enjoy it.
so thats how i do my blueberry.

Krypto

Krypto

Did you say you were harvesting OG strain at 5 weeks??? Most allergies minimum flowering time is 8 weeks. 5 weeks seems a little too soon... I'm assuming that the potency was affected. Yeah?

robomont

robomont

if you r talkin to me,no blueberry.
og doesnt like early,imho.my og finishes early anyways.i dont know how early as ive never dated it but my outside og finished by mid september.

Natural

Natural

I've got OG Ringo. I haven't ran them yet, but I know that it's an Indica dominant 70% / 30%...
I'm trying to pick out a sativa dominant OG... Preferably something of the old school. I've been looking at Fire OG, or SFV OG. You guys got any thoughts?

@Krypto Sat OG from seed? Honestly, off the top of my head and what I think you could get your paws on right now that's legit. I'd pick Space Face (SkywalkerOG x FaceOffBx1) from Archive Seed Bank and look for the taller phenos.
If you're talking about clones..I'd probably go with the FireOG..if you're picking it up from say midnight farms..pretty sure that's the NorCal Fire cut and not Raskal..and I think it's a fire og crossed to sour deez imho. Most of the SFV reps floating around in the clubs for sale is likely gonna be a caliconn selection..sfv is getting harder to source a true cut of.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
what rec dispensary has ethos medicine grown by ethos collective @GrowGod
Sorry for the late reply just saw this, the stuff I have tried from them is grown by A cut above and is the only dispensary I shop at because I know the owners but I am pretty sure ethos have there own shop?
Anyways the citral glue, manderine cookies, recon og, and temple kush are all very nice in my opinion.

william76

william76

looks chunky billy boy...what's the verdict? flav..high? Looks like good breeding tool maybe.
I get people like alot of different strains..I like plenty of variety myself.. But rarely it's a love affair..I love og kush.
Shes lovely,hits like a hammer!76

Krypto

Krypto

@Krypto Sat OG from seed? Honestly, off the top of my head and what I think you could get your paws on right now that's legit. I'd pick Space Face (SkywalkerOG x FaceOffBx1) from Archive Seed Bank and look for the taller phenos.
If you're talking about clones..I'd probably go with the FireOG..if you're picking it up from say midnight farms..pretty sure that's the NorCal Fire cut and not Raskal..and I think it's a fire og crossed to sour deez imho. Most of the SFV reps floating around in the clubs for sale is likely gonna be a caliconn selection..sfv is getting harder to source a true cut of.
What about Hellraiser or Hazmat. Ir doesn't have to be a "sativa dom" most OGs are hybrids anyway. As long as it's Lemon Pledge Kerosine Pine Sol Funk w/ an uplifting, upbeat, daytime high. Good for work. Blue Collar OG i guess. Ha

Natural

Natural

fire og breeds unpredictable ime..she does well with the white though. hazmat is Chemdog 91..another that doesn't necessarily breed very well. Personally, as far as Archive is concerned, any great og to his FOBX1 sounds pretty good..I would probably pick up on Ghost, SFV, Legend, Tahoe, F-cut, high octane, or larry...lol. OG's can be very similar.
Another couple of breeders who create some really good OG lines are SeedJunkyGenetics and KarmaGenetics..can't go wrong there either. good luck

Judaz

Judaz

Hash-Plant.png

Og kush is Thai sticks crossed with afghani hash plant which made the Thai dominant cross mature faster and produce denser nugs. Hence the real og kush is a lanky sativa looking clone that produces dense buds that carry a euphoric opiate effect. Og kush is practically the best Thai genetics crossed with the best afghani indica genes.

IMG 5690
P

Pimples

Hash-Plant.png

Og kush is Thai sticks crossed with afghani hash plant which made the Thai dominant cross mature faster and produce denser nugs. Hence the real og kush is a lanky sativa looking clone that produces dense buds that carry a euphoric opiate effect. Og kush is practically the best Thai genetics crossed with the best afghani indica genes.
I think you are spot on with og pedigree.

Judaz

Judaz

I think you are spot on with og pedigree.

I have a friend who is much older than me in his mid 50's and he had been growing cannabis in the local mountains of southern California from the 70's to mid 90's and when I got ahold of the real og kush clone back in the late 90's from a connection I had with the music industry guys who told me the whole story that it came from Florida etc. He simply laughed at the story and told me his take on what OG kush really was. When I showed him my og kush clone his eyes lit up and after he smoked it he was like OMG I remember this taste and high from the killer Thai Sticks from the 70's and the afghani hash plant he came across in the 80's. He also told me how the local growers at that time started crossing the best Thai and the best indica in the 80's to create that perfect strain for our southern California environment. He said that in the late eighties to early nineties there were many og kush like strains flowing around the time. With variations, some a little more on the Afghani indica side while other leaned more on the sativa Thai side. He also had a strain that he grew in the mountains in the mid to late 90's that he called the convalescent strain. He had crossed the original Thai sticks with the original purple afghani. And he swears up and down how my og kush clone was so similar to his convalescent strain looks wise. Back in the day I got a chance to sample the buds he had grown outdoors and they looked almost identical to og kush (richness in taste and that opiated euphoric high) but the convalescent strain buds had some purple in it that og kush did not have. So I referred to it as purple og kush back then. Unfortunately his house was robbed that late summer and he lost those genetics and seeds of the thai sticks crossed with purple afghani. I never got a chance to see the plant but I did get a chance to see the buds and smoke it. I would do anything to get ahold of those seeds again cause in my opinion that cross of purple afghani cross thai sticks was even more killer than the current og kush we have today.

Last edited:
Wisher619

Wisher619

IMO
there are no new or storied strains
no matter how much people want to believe

everything is just recycled

over and over and over

I remember some early 90's buds grown in a dudes house in San Diego

looked just like OG Kush
originally came from Humbolt mountains

some hippies gave him the seeds in the late 80's when he attended Humbolt State U
then in the early 2000's I tried the famous OG Kush

same shit

I Was DJing in the rave scene during the 90's and 2000's
alot of crazy smoke
and OG Kush wasnt one of them

that same guy was growing Trainwreck
and a few other cuts popular now
back then people only called it chronic or skunk or dank
some of us knew what it was but for the most part nobody cared

now we have this entire generation who supposedly cares about the genetics and origins

guess what

all of it came from Asia period

even Mexican Landrace and Columbian were brought there
when the explorers landed they took notice to many rope types
not dope types
they brought that by ship

the Mexican and columbian came via Bayer pharma
by way of Paki/Afghani/India

this is all history that people refuse to believe because the human mind works like that

P

Pimples

People on the West Coast been crossing Asian tropical sativa jungle weed to Affie based landraces from the Kush Mountains since the sixties and early seventies. When people came back from the so called "hippy trail". Ex hippies with a little money toured the world in search of seed and hashish. Crossing sativa to indicas and choosing the best to breed further. To adapt to our particular set up. Whether indoors outdoors or greenhouse cultivation. Nothing new really. What is new is the amount of newer and younger growers thinking alot of this whole deal...whether its strains..techniques..or methods and technology behind it all is something new and revolutionary. I will admit. ...somethings have changed. Varieties for the most part...have not.

P

Pimples

People have been smoking og kush weed before it was called og kush is what iam saying. Decades before. Probably centuries before.

Judaz

Judaz

I personally started smoking weed in the 90's was born in 1978. I'm no expert on weed history but I've had the real og kush strain for almost 20 years and the privilege to know a few old school growers who knew what's up back then. Unfortunately marijuana was illegal then so it's tough to find historical documented facts. Back in the 90's here in southern California there was stress weed (Mexican weed) Chronic and Kush was referred to the kind the best of the best. I really don't know what happened in the 2000's and beyond cause most current strains from dispensaries except for the real og kush and the real bubba kush to me is garbage which have probably been tainted with Dutch genetics. Which to me is not great weed at all. The dutch have done more harm to the weed market with their high yielding, great looking stuff that don't really pack the punch. Nobody gave a shit in Holland about OG kush back in the day and now all their new strains seem to have an og kush base. Those og kush and skunk like strains from the 90's that I encountered were killer, way better than most these strains you now find at local dispensaries. The skunk like stuff was one of my personal favorites and I can't seem to find it anymore. I always wonder what happened to all those og like strains that I encountered in the early and late 90's? All I seem to see now are these knock offs that yield great and have the looks but don't pack the punch. Plus with all the PGR's that growers now use to gain more weight are now ruining the quality of OG kush. Products like phosphoload etc. I have friends that grow my og cut with that stuff and it does not even compare with the way I grow it. Plus with all the new high yielding commercial og strains going around, it has become harder and harder to get the real deal. I'm from the San Fernando valley where OG kush was made famous and if you want to find the good OG kush these days then it's probably going by the name of PR OG. Mot dispensaries here now call it the Private Reserve.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I personally started smoking weed in the 90's was born in 1978. I'm no expert on weed history but I've had the real og kush strain for almost 20 years and the privilege to know a few old school growers who knew what's up back then. Unfortunately marijuana was illegal then so it's tough to find historical documented facts. Back in the 90's here in southern California there was stress weed (Mexican weed) Chronic and Kush was referred to the kind the best of the best. I really don't know what happened in the 2000's and beyond cause most current strains from dispensaries except for the real og kush and the real bubba kush to me is garbage which have probably been tainted with Dutch genetics. Which to me is not great weed at all. The dutch have done more harm to the weed market with their high yielding, great looking stuff that don't really pack the punch. Nobody gave a shit in Holland about OG kush back in the day and now all their new strains seem to have an og kush base. Those og kush and skunk like strains from the 90's that I encountered were killer, way better than most these strains you now find at local dispensaries. The skunk like stuff was one of my personal favorites and I can't seem to find it anymore. I always wonder what happened to all those og like strains that I encountered in the early and late 90's? All I seem to see now are these knock offs that yield great and have the looks but don't pack the punch. Plus with all the PGR's that growers now use to gain more weight are now ruining the quality of OG kush. Products like phosphoload etc. I have friends that grow my og cut with that stuff and it does not even compare with the way I grow it. Plus with all the new high yielding commercial og strains going around, it has become harder and harder to get the real deal. I'm from the San Fernando valley where OG kush was made famous and if you want to find the good OG kush these days then it's probably going by the name of PR OG. Mot dispensaries here now call it the Private Reserve.
I was born in 78 as well
I also grew up in SoCal San Diego
I also experienced OG Kush
we called in The Dank.....which was what my buddy grew....
that same cut he had.....which was from seed.....became OB OG here in SD
but.....that wasnt the good stuff

the good stuff was that Road Kill skunk that knocked you on your ass
or that crazy Garlic Bud.....or Cat Piss

that was the shit

Kush was kinda for fun

none of us really smoked it much in my crew
we were more into Trainwreck

Judaz

Judaz

Trainwreck is great. Especially this cross Of trainwreck with NYC diesel that I tried back in 06. That one was one of my favorites. And I definitely remember that road kill skunk. Last time I had it was in high school. If you know where to get it, please share.

F

friend

Hash-Plant.png

Thanks for you're opinion :dummy:
I have a friend who is much older than me in his mid 50's and he had been growing cannabis in the local mountains of southern California from the 70's to mid 90's and when I got ahold of the real og kush clone back in the late 90's from a connection I had with the music industry guys who told me the whole story that it came from Florida etc. He simply laughed at the story and told me his take on what OG kush really was. When I showed him my og kush clone his eyes lit up and after he smoked it he was like OMG I remember this taste and high from the killer Thai Sticks from the 70's and the afghani hash plant he came across in the 80's. He also told me how the local growers at that time started crossing the best Thai and the best indica in the 80's to create that perfect strain for our southern California environment. He said that in the late eighties to early nineties there were many og kush like strains flowing around the time. With variations, some a little more on the Afghani indica side while other leaned more on the sativa Thai side. He also had a strain that he grew in the mountains in the mid to late 90's that he called the convalescent strain. He had crossed the original Thai sticks with the original purple afghani. And he swears up and down how my og kush clone was so similar to his convalescent strain looks wise. Back in the day I got a chance to sample the buds he had grown outdoors and they looked almost identical to og kush (richness in taste and that opiated euphoric high) but the convalescent strain buds had some purple in it that og kush did not have. So I referred to it as purple og kush back then. Unfortunately his house was robbed that late summer and he lost those genetics and seeds of the thai sticks crossed with purple afghani. I never got a chance to see the plant but I did get a chance to see the buds and smoke it. I would do anything to get ahold of those seeds again cause in my opinion that cross of purple afghani cross thai sticks was even more killer than the current og kush we have today.

@Judaz would you please show a pic of you're Og,
Please and thank you :happy: i want to see You're Og ,
not anyone else's, i am curious to see what the real Og
looks like?

Latest posts

Top Bottom