The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Judaz

Judaz

Is it as hard to get to root as they say?

Yes, it's a very tough plant to root. Most people fail with this area. I also had trouble
In the beginning. But I've also dialed that part in. 100% success with many roots coming from the bottom. The secrete is to use old school rooting powder hormex instead of gels. I root them in small rock wool cubes leave humidity dome on for 5-6 days under fluorescents or mh 600 watts 5-6 ft above dome and then open dome feed them at 1 ec then by end of week 2 full of roots. Just make sure temp stays at 72-73. This plant takes a little longer to show roots versus most strains

IMG 5726
Judaz

Judaz

I sit here thinking about all of the time I have wasted sifting through forums to gain insight as to what OG Kush is, where it came from, etc... All for nothing. The atomic bomb was dropped yesterday on the Adam Dunn show as to the origins of OG Kush...

For anyone who cares about OG, even remotely, please give your undivided attention to Mr. Dave Richards..

Question for Green Dot. Since you started this thread. What were the results of the OG genome project that was talked about in Adam Dunn Show? I can't seem to find any info anywhere regarding the outcome. Anyone please chime in if you know what happened with the results.

Judaz

Judaz

This Kailua Kid story sounds just like the bull shit story from that dude from Hawaii that claimed it came from Hawaii and then was caught on instagram with an older post on og kush where he was asking others where it came from on a comment. Notice how both these fuckers own seed companies.... what a bunch of knock offs. I can trace my real og cut back to 20 years when I was told the Florida story behind it.

This is the idiot from Hawaii Supakauai claimed that og kush was started in Hawaii from his Dad or family whatever.
Beware of anyone claiming these nonsense stories especially if they are seed company owners. Never believe any story about OG kush from people that own or are involved with current seed companies. They don't know what's up and are using these fake stories to bring fame and glory to their seed company. The most legit story is the one from Florida. I can personally vouch for that circle since I was told that same story 20 years ago. But they did not create og kush either. They brought the clone to LA which is what we consider here as the real deal og kush. You have to try it to see what I mean. I've sampled hundreds of OG kush all over LA. Some good, some great and some terrible. To this day none of the og kush that I have sampled compare to the buds that come out of the real og kush that I have and a few others have. It's not only the clone only strain that has the potential to come out the way it should cause I've sure seen others do it wrong. But the key is in the grower who must also know how to grow it right to express its full potential. If you come down to SFV LA just hit me up and I'll be glad to smoke you out with the real deal.

Screen Shot 2016 11 28 at 21638 PM
User411882 pic1376919 1421440949
P

Pimples

Question for Green Dot. Since you started this thread. What were the results of the OG genome project that was talked about in Adam Dunn Show? I can't seem to find any info anywhere regarding the outcome. Anyone please chime in if you know what happened with the results.
I too have been curious to the resukts of the og kush genome project. Started a thread on it actually. Ive heard nothing since seeing that adam dunn show.

P

Pimples

Yes, it's a very tough plant to root. Most people fail with this area. I also had trouble
In the beginning. But I've also dialed that part in. 100% success with many roots coming from the bottom. The secrete is to use old school rooting powder hormex instead of gels. I root them in small rock wool cubes leave humidity dome on for 5-6 days under fluorescents or mh 600 watts 5-6 ft above dome and then open dome feed them at 1 ec then by end of week 2 full of roots. Just make sure temp stays at 72-73. This plant takes a little longer to show roots versus most strains
Good ole hormex. Another solid product that hardly anyone uses anymore. High Times use to rave about that one. I also remember when Dynagro Protekt was damn near the only additive out there...for a long time. Remember Olivias Cloning Solution? God thats been around forever. Not the gel...the solution. Good times back then. Talk about a gold mine. And we had it all to ourselves. If you had over 2000 watts..you were BIGTIME. Lol. Good ole days.

Judaz

Judaz

I too have been curious to the resukts of the og kush genome project. Started a thread on it actually. Ive heard nothing since seeing that adam dunn show.

Yea I'm like wtf happen? I've looked all over other forums and there is nothing. Maybe they couldn't figure it out and realized that og kush is not really og kush but just a good cross of Thai and afghani like the many that floated around back in the day.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I think you can study leaf structure nad growth habbits to kinda guestimate the lineage
the leaf- middle east regional not afghani
as afghani leaves are extremely blunt and overlapping
growth structure- very equatorial....but from where
alot of equatorials have similar growth structure
from China to Mexico

I think what it boils down to is...........

dosnt really matter unless we are trying to reproduce it from scratch
and that would take years even if we knew exact lineage.....as we would have to have the exact pheno's of each geno of each plant to recreate OG

Judaz

Judaz

IMG 5727
I think you can study leaf structure nad growth habbits to kinda guestimate the lineage
the leaf- middle east regional not afghani
as afghani leaves are extremely blunt and overlapping
growth structure- very equatorial....but from where
alot of equatorials have similar growth structure
from China to Mexico

I think what it boils down to is...........

dosnt really matter unless we are trying to reproduce it from scratch
and that would take years even if we knew exact lineage.....as we would have to have the exact pheno's of each geno of each plant to recreate OG

I see the leaf looking more sativa like (Thai) than indica like. However some leaves that it produces have that Indica look too depending on how it's grown.The growth structure is also more sativa like as well for the original pheno however the bud structure being dense is more indica like Middle East. The best sativas did come from Thailand so most likely its Thai due to the flavor and high. And the indica part of it is up for grabs. Pakistan, Afghanistan somewhere from that area which had produced the best Indica strains from back in the day

IMG 5728
P

Pimples

Most definitely an indi e sativa hybrid from way back. Back when there were alot more "pure" landrace indies and satties. All the early west coast growers were crossing South American and Asian Sativa to afghan based short squatty hash plants. Thats where og Kush comes from. Iam sure of it

Wisher619

Wisher619

My OG Kut
little Sattie for sure
View attachment 648923

I see the leaf looking more sativa like (Thai) than indica like. However some leaves that it produces have that Indica look too depending on how it's grown.The growth structure is also more sativa like as well for the original pheno however the bud structure being dense is more indica like Middle East. The best sativas did come from Thailand so most likely its Thai due to the flavor and high. And the indica part of it is up for grabs. Pakistan, Afghanistan somewhere from that area which had produced the best Indica strains from back in the day

Judaz

Judaz

I think I found the place to get the genome of your og kush strain

I'm going to look into this and if legit will send them my cut to see what they say.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Nice I can definitely see the wider lead blades on this Indie one. Did you get these from seeds or where they passed down. What do you guys call them out there? Og what?
both of those were chopped from the same mom

I got these back in 93
In San Diego they call it Ocean Beach OG
or OBOG for short
I was really good friends with and learned from this dude and he gifted me these 2 cuts
I have kept them ever since

twice a year I just restart them
have only grown them out a few times
I like other stuff
I like Sativas

Judaz

Judaz

@Wisher619 when you say "both of those were chopped from the same mom"

What do you mean by that? Did your friend do s1's from the same mom. Or took cuttings from the same mom?

Wisher619

Wisher619

@Wisher619 when you say "both of those were chopped from the same mom"

What do you mean by that? Did your friend do s1's from the same mom. Or took cuttings from the same mom?
he took cuts from the same mom
he actually just cut 2 4 node clones and stuck them in a solo cup....with some water

I took them home and let them sit in the cup under a shop light for about 2 weeks

when roots popped I stuck them in some soil
one of the clones just gives off more blunted thicker leaves and the other alot thinner
also the more indie one dosnt stretch as much
the more sattie one goes straight up and the node spacing is horrible until you get to the top 12" which bunch up a little more

the only thing that I have ever thought about it was that maybe because they were takin at differ parts of the plant had more or less hormones.....It defy's all logic
one was taken from the bottom of the old mother and the other was taken from the very top
the one taken from the bottom is more indica
science cant explain it
he gave me 2 just in case I had a hard time rooting them
they both rooted and I kept them both because they looked differ

Natural

Natural

Note: it will produce 3 blade leaves with a curl when it's not grown right and has a deficiency but dial her in and she produces beautiful leaves.
The "trait"..my 91 Malibu Fire OG does that exact thing when she's not happy. I've seen the curl pop up on tiny node leafs occasionally still, when she is happy. Made me think I had invisible mites when she came to me. Has the purple stem stripes and maybe 30% of the petioles are light reddish/pink. Definitely sativa like the skywalker aka G cut. Finally got ahold of the TKOG..after several fakes..go figure. Would like to run the '92 FL if I can find it.
The genome project isn't gonna tell us much I'm afraid..more of just mapping what we got and making it public domain so it remains ours to work as we please. I am super interested in how the mapping of old tinc bottles from the 1880-1920 periods goes. That can tell us more about our history from the era that gave us our starts here in the US, besides the regular summer of love through the 80's imports did. Ohio Valley road kill skunk anyone? :)

Judaz

Judaz

The "trait"..my 91 Malibu Fire OG does that exact thing when she's not happy. I've seen the curl pop up on tiny node leafs occasionally still, when she is happy. Made me think I had invisible mites when she came to me. Has the purple stem stripes and maybe 30% of the petioles are light reddish/pink. Definitely sativa like the skywalker aka G cut. Finally got ahold of the TKOG..after several fakes..go figure. Would like to run the '92 FL if I can find it.
The genome project isn't gonna tell us much I'm afraid..more of just mapping what we got and making it public domain so it remains ours to work as we please. I am super interested in how the mapping of old tinc bottles from the 1880-1920 periods goes. That can tell us more about our history from the era that gave us our starts here in the US, besides the regular summer of love through the 80's imports did. Ohio Valley road kill skunk anyone? :)

Can you post a pic of it. I would love to see it and sample the buds if you are in So Cal. I got the Florida cut. I got mine from a music engineer who got it from B real from cypress hill

Last edited:
Judaz

Judaz

he took cuts from the same mom
he actually just cut 2 4 node clones and stuck them in a solo cup....with some water

I took them home and let them sit in the cup under a shop light for about 2 weeks

when roots popped I stuck them in some soil
one of the clones just gives off more blunted thicker leaves and the other alot thinner
also the more indie one dosnt stretch as much
the more sattie one goes straight up and the node spacing is horrible until you get to the top 12" which bunch up a little more

the only thing that I have ever thought about it was that maybe because they were takin at differ parts of the plant had more or less hormones.....It defy's all logic
one was taken from the bottom of the old mother and the other was taken from the very top
the one taken from the bottom is more indica
science cant explain it
he gave me 2 just in case I had a hard time rooting them
they both rooted and I kept them both because they looked differ

Wow this blows my mind. How can 2 cuts from the same mother look so different given that clones from the same mother should be identically the same. Now I know environment can play a role and make them look different but if you have both of them in the same exact environment and take cuts from each and then place them in the same exact environment with the same nutes then they should look the same. If not then maybe they are not the same og. Were you there to witness your friend take these 2 clones from the same mom?

Top Bottom