The Magic Bullet

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
How much pressure? Like... Put in a sprayer and pump till it's full? Curious really.

squiggly

squiggly

The general method is to get em to about 6,000 psi and then rapidly release the pressure. Repeat 2-3 times.

For at home use a better method is probably just to freeze the stuff and then throw it in a blender.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I've been playing a lot with CA 25 and it's fucking amazing shit! Cap is one of the few people that will recommend something and I will always try it... Thank buddy you make me a better grower..

haha! I owe you anyway for all the awesome ideas I have stolen from you. Let's chill soon man. I'll hit you up next week sometime.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So, speaking of that expensive-ass Calcium-25. I did some searching. Seems its active ingredient is calcium chloride and unspecified "plant waxes" (IIRC, from their label and website with all the damned exclamation marks). Calcium chloride is used in pickling and other food preparation and it is, frankly, STUPID cheap. I've done a lot of playing around with plant essential oils and fermented plant extracts and while the oils are expensive to buy, a little dab'll do ya. The fermented plant extracts are free, so that's just stupid cheap.

Then I went and did some reading on use of calcium chloride for plants. It's used a lot, as foliar only (it's known to be phytotoxic, so not under lights or sunlight), and it's stupid cheap. But not if you buy it as Calcium-25. So once I go through my container, I'm buying food grade calcium chloride in the future for a fraction of the price and saving myself a hell of a lot of money. I bet you gentlemen can do the same.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You guys can look up the patent of Ca25 and see it is not just CaCl2.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't say I understand a whole lot about the molar values being listed in there, but I know triacontanol when I see it. And I also see what I believe is a rooting hormone in there. The La would help in situations where excessive NO3 is being fed to the plant. So, I guess we're paying for the special sauce, and the patent. That makes it make a lot more sense, and helps me with my decision to drop it from my current line-up. Thanks for that! :)

d3cryption

d3cryption

I can't say I understand a whole lot about the molar values being listed in there, but I know triacontanol when I see it. And I also see what I believe is a rooting hormone in there. The La help in situations where excessive NO3 is being fed to the plant. So, I guess we're paying for the special sauce, and the patent. That makes it make a lot more sense, and helps me with my decision to drop it from my current line-up. Thanks for that! :)

at what strength would you apply the food grade calcium ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First, I like to go low dosage with whatever I'm using UNLESS I've already found that doesn't work.
Second, I would never apply under lights or during daytime based on my research.
Third, I'd probably start at 200ppm and if I think it's warranted I'd work my way up. Because I haven't measured ppm when using the Calcium-25, I can't say how that might compare or relate.

I would like to also say that I was using this as a stop-gap measure while I work on my soils. I'm working to build up my native soil on the property, as it's primarily a very heavy, ferrous clay that's interspersed between granite and other rock types here in our area of the Sierra. I already can see by observation that this soil is extremely tight, and so likely has sufficient Mg, but very insufficient Ca based on previous growing and observations. The Ca-25, because it can *only* be given as a foliar (thanks Cap for reminding me of that!) will only be putting that Ca into the plant and not into my soil for future reserves unless I return the majority of that plant material back to the soil. Which, with the cannabis, I'm not.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, I haven't had a need to add Ca to anything as of this point this year. It makes me almost ecstatically happy! :D

urban1026835

urban1026835

I have been playing with my foliars for a bit, and I wanted to share with everyone my current blend, which has been rocking the house over here.

I call it the magic bullet. Follow the hyperlinks embedded in the words for more info.

THE MAGIC BULLET:

I strain 1/2 gallon of tea with root pack and foliar pack in to a 1 gallon tank sprayer and fill up to the gallon mark with dechlorinated tap water. I use this filter with a big blue housing to dechlorinate my tap.

I then add to the sprayer:

1 oz of growmore kelp SHAKE UP SPRAYER AT THIS TIME TO MIX KELP
1 tsp of Ca25

Shake up the sprayer for a minute to mix it all up.

I use this solution to soak all the plants from cutting to week 3 of bloom. I do not pH it. It is pretty much neutral.

This is a game changer. 1x per week be consistent.

Cheers,

Cap
thanks cap, I appreciate that so many of you guys on that higher level are so open with what you are using/have used and what interests you..

helps save guys like myself a lot of wasted money and space I do not have.

d3cryption

d3cryption

Ive never tested it I just use the recommended dose off recommended instructions.
Mind helping a brother out ? If u have a ppm meter , next time u spray ca 25 mind getting the ppm of the recommended dosage ?

Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom