The Police are out of Control !!

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
You're putting words into my mouth. Reread my last post. He will have zero legal recourse here.

ANY dog on that type of leash is not considered, legally, to be under control. Period.
What doese the leash have to do with anything, the dog jump out of a car window onto the sidewalk, then seconds later has been shot 4 Times, leash has nothing to do with the dog getting shot 4 times, you mean to tell me that the cops can go around CA Killing every dog they think might bite them b/c its not on a leash or jumped out a parked car window, I think not,

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You, too, are putting words in my mouth. But, you simultaneously reaffirm what my husband reported to me--the dog was not, in fact, well controlled when it was placed in the vehicle. If it were, it would not have been able to get out, correct?

But, back to the leash itself, which I think is indicative of the owner's lackadaisical attitude towards the care and control of his dog.

Let's say you're walking along on a trail. You come across a woman with a large dog on one of these little zippy leashes. The dog becomes aggressive, lunges at you and bites, all while the woman is working furiously to keep her dog under control. Guess what. Legally, that woman did not have her dog under control, making her automatically at fault. Whenever you go somewhere with your dog and there's a sign that says "Leash law in effect" the law doesn't mean a string attached to the animal is suitable, the law means that whatever you use, you had better have full control of the animal, and that's generally considered to be a leash that is no longer than 6', made of material that can withstand the given animal.

I take the care of the animals we own very seriously. To imply that I don't care, or believe that cops should be able to just shoot any dog is completely missing my point(s). To further take my points and contort them to mean that I condone is again quite wrong.

However, yes, the cops in California and any state can pretty much shoot ANY DOG they feel like shooting, and all they have to say is that they felt threatened. And the owners, I can guarantee you, will have no legal recourse. Period.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Cops shoot dogs in cages :mad:

Dogs need more protection under the law...The cops should be treating dogs more like people..

Dangerpolice

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, well, before I go there, I would like to see greater rights and enforcement for children. Sorry, but I DO put humans above dogs.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ah, well, before I go there, I would like to see greater rights and enforcement for children. Sorry, but I DO put humans above dogs.

What do you mean greater rights? Children don't have the same rights as adults?

sky high

sky high

Ditto out here in ranch country or in the National Forest, sea. Fail to control your dog...and you'll see it hanging dead on the ranchers fence down the road the next day. No recourse.

Like the cops, the rancher isn't coming to tell you that you need to control your dog...or to bring Fido back....or to wait for you to take control and put the dog back in your car...he's just gonna shoot it because >he and his< are being threatened...and he has every legal right to do so.....and to hold you accountable for the incident/for any damages your animal may have done on his property.

Agreed, Ken......both of em need some hefty charges/discipline. The cop needs some unpaid time off (6 months) while he receives some lessons about gun safety/discharge in crowded, public places, and the wannabee gangsta/tough guy needs to be prohibited from owning animals and regulated to a flip-phone w/ no camera. :D

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
At the bottom of the road to our property there's a sign, put up by the county. If your dog just chases cattle or chickens (livestock), ANYONE can shoot it. How's that?
What do you mean greater rights? Children don't have the same rights as adults?
No. They absolutely do not.

FiveAM

FiveAM

I feel like these couple videos posted here are typical examples of cop behavior. I've seen it time and time and again.

would suggest you video tape, any time you are being arrested/interrogated or otherwise being confronted by a cop.

we have to keep them in line, they NEED it. and these videos are proof positive in my mind this is how it will be done.

stay safe everyone

peace

FiveAM

FiveAM

At the bottom of the road to our property there's a sign, put up by the county. If your dog just chases cattle or chickens (livestock), ANYONE can shoot it. How's that?

My dog naturally tries to "herd" other animals, he does it to my cats all the time.

It's a natural instinctive thing he does.

Now when an untrained cop sees this type of behavior and mistakes it as being aggressive and shoots the animal, then what?

sky high

sky high

What you allow your dog to do to your own animals is different than when your animal is in public/off your property. (aka, the Hawthorne incident)

Sea...it's the law here...and it's the "way of the West". (ranchers rule) If your dog kills or is seen CHASING livestock OR deer/elk/forest creatures at ANY time...you are required to pay for that livestock and for fines for not controlling your animal...and your dog can pay with his/her life.

No questions asked. No excuses/lack of responsibility accepted. It's your fault. Period.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My dog naturally tries to "herd" other animals, he does it to my cats all the time.

It's a natural instinctive thing he does.

Now when an untrained cop sees this type of behavior and mistakes it as being aggressive and shoots the animal, then what?
Then the dog dies! Just like my sister's border collie did when she 'herded' the CHP officer away from the house. And you get no legal recourse, just like my sister.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
What you allow your dog to do to your own animals is different than when your animal is in public/off your property. (aka, the Hawthorne incident)

Sea...it's the law here...and it's the "way of the West". (ranchers rule) If your dog kills or is seen CHASING livestock OR deer/elk/forest creatures at ANY time...you are required to pay for that livestock and for fines for not controlling your animal...and your dog can pay with his/her life.

No questions asked. No excuses/lack of responsibility accepted. It's your fault. Period.

My neighbor shot and killed my 6month old dog:(

yeah..I should have kept my dog on my property (was training him!)

not very neighborly of my neighbor though:meh:

K

kolah

I been living up here in CO ranch-land for years. I know a damn lot of folks, cowboys, cowgirls and ranchers. Never once did I hear of a rancher shooting a dog. If it ever is a problem (quite rare around here) the rancher knows whose dog it is and speaks to the owner and the problem is solved. Everyone has big yards out here but we all know what is what and who is who. It ain't "shootem-up-guns a blazin" out here like all those fucking Hollywood movies make it out to be. Ranchers do shoot coyotes and on very rare occasion mountain lion.

OTOH I have the right to shoot cattle that breaks through a ranchers fence and comes on my property. Cattle bust through fence here on a regular basis. Not ever do we shoot them. Most of us just repair the fence or notify the ranchers.

I dunno..maybe it's different in other places where people shoot first and ask questions later...or where some people just don't give a fuck about life.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast."
--Proverbs 12:10 12:

I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it."
--Abraham Lincoln

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
--Ghandi

Top Bottom