The Skunky Dunk farm

• Thread starter SkunkyDunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Yeah I remember it too, it flooded So Cal in the 80's. It's like that first piece of arse, always remember her but never could duplicate the experience.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Very nice grow @SkunkyDunk. But why toss all that soil at the end of each grow? You could be running living organic soil with the way you already grow.

I am also one of the growers looking for the old school flavors and effects. A lot of the seeds I have been stocking are crosses or varieties from well over a decade ago. Its nice to see that Sensi is still offering good quality seeds, even if the parent stock is not exactly the same as years past. I have really been interested in a few of their offerings.

Though he does breed with more of the new line of genetics, Duke Diamond is trying to create flavor profiles that are reminiscent of the old school lines. I have not grown any of it, but from what I have come to understand his gear is pretty solid. The two seed projects he has going at the moment are Dominion Seeds and Duke Diamond's Vault. Maybe there is something in there that you would have interest in.

Thanks for sharing your grow. I am looking forward to see those Maple Leaf Indicas you have going.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Thanks for the words.
We do not toss our soil each grow, we amend our vegatable/fruit garden with it.
At 8 bags 3 times a year for the last 6 years our garden soil resembles the forest floor when we till from adding it.
I don't waste anything especially if it's organic.

10w30

10w30

Supporter
Morning, i'm just wondering if your inclined to try growing God Bud from jordan of the island, they say its an amped up purple skunk, and its their 'breeders' favorite. they are not feminized seeds. Your soil, teas, and light staggering sound amazing. happy plants for sure. quantum boards on aliabia (sp?) are the cheapest way to go according to farmers, however they are not certified and thus not insurable. good luck growing.

BigCube

BigCube

Morning, i'm just wondering if your inclined to try growing God Bud from jordan of the island, they say its an amped up purple skunk, and its their 'breeders' favorite. they are not feminized seeds. Your soil, teas, and light staggering sound amazing. happy plants for sure. quantum boards on aliabia (sp?) are the cheapest way to go according to farmers, however they are not certified and thus not insurable. good luck growing.

I've had everything skunk from Jordan of the island. Closest thing he has to old skunk is the ISS. But it pales in comparison to the old skunk I know and love.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Could you suggest something with as much skunk as possible? I'll check them out when I get home. I need to have the skunkiest skunk that has ever stunk.

You will never find that unless you find an old as hell cut.

Sorry.

Im trying to say there is more funk to be found in old strains/ crosses then these new breeders pretending to re breed it.

Just doesnt work that way. They are all just making things worse.

BigCube

BigCube

You will never find that unless you find an old as hell cut.

Sorry.

Im trying to say there is more funk to be found in old strains/ crosses then these new breeders pretending to re breed it.

Just doesnt work that way. They are all just making things worse.

I know, it makes me sad 🙁

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I know, it makes me sad 🙁

I got great smelly skunk in Colorado til about 2007. Never saw it since. The old strains were just more reminiscent of skunk than the sweet smell and taste in the strains i have had since.

Man if i knew where the skunk 6 boys went. Legal weed has ruined things. More breeding is not the answer. Just a pipe dream.

I will say Motarebel Herijuanna has a nasty shit like smell and taste and is quite powerful. I have seeds of heri x jack that are very old school. Mota released more heri crosses in his catalog.

I wonder if Mr. Nice “Shit” has that in it.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Thanks for the words.
We do not toss our soil each grow, we amend our vegatable/fruit garden with it.
At 8 bags 3 times a year for the last 6 years our garden soil resembles the forest floor when we till from adding it.
I don't waste anything especially if it's organic.

I wasn't implying you wasted your soil, but paying for 24 bags a year is more than I would like to spend, particularly when with a little input I can re-use the same soil indefinitely. That was my only point.

Could you suggest something with as much skunk as possible? I'll check them out when I get home. I need to have the skunkiest skunk that has ever stunk.

I am a particular fan of Cheese when it comes to finding pungent aromas. I am running a Pineapple Chunk from Barney's at the moment (Sweet Pineapple x Skunk #1 x Cheese) and that is offering up some very pungent cheesey aromas. Its not acrid pungency that is offered up by those old school skunks but this is much more interesting than much of the boring and sweet smelling skunk varieties that pass for skunk these days. But a real cut of UK Cheese would likely fulfill your desire for a pungent skunk variety. Also as I mentioned before Duke Diamond is trying to get those skunky flavors and aromas back in seed form, as well as working with some of the big varieties from the 90's and early 00's.

Aksarben

Aksarben

Love the cat picture! Reminds me of Jinx, who was constantly eating on my pineapple leaves (grew a few pineapples.) What are your thoughts on some of the Autoflower strains? I have had very good luck with Wipeout Express Auto and I see (from www.seedsman.com) that some of the Autos top out at over 20% THC now.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Real Columbian Gold, real Panama Red, real Maui and real Thai!
Yes, I remember what it was like to get baked for 4 hours off of 4 bong tokes. I mean toasted too!
What happened to all that great genetics?

Even in the early 2000's there was still some really really Really good bud.
Back when we called it "medical bud"
As the dispensaries had just... omg the best.

but it was really hard to find.
Must have been those late 80s/90s strains that were still in production.

I cant recall the last time i had killer flower.
Some Chemdog 91 hybrids a few years back... but thats all.

i kind of miss the taste of sun dried mexican weed tbh.
Took a few bowls but man... you would get blasted.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Tried a little sampler today, dried for 6 days and no cure. So that would be about the 7 1/2 week.
Smells like homey, break up for the vape and a sweet citrus comes up then a very loud burnt rubber.
Once vapped only the burnt rubber flavor on exhale.
Nice little head change, lasted 20 min.
Very sticky.
Anyhow, it was the typical ritual.
Me and the wife are figuring a minimum of 10 days maybe 20.
Like the way the flavors and smell changes sometimes daily.
He'll, I love growing cannabis!

Top Bottom