"There once was a Dream of Rome...

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

...You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish.” ~ Marcus Aurelius

What it be my grow-family? Comin back at ya with a Wolvy-Brezerk Style Spider Monkey grow. I've hemmed and hawed for so long about what to grow, how to grow it, how many plants, what this what that, that I threw my hands up and said Fk it, you only live once and I'm gonna do what I wanna do. Flop Fail or Prevail are my only options but as with past grow this 1st year of growing, I'm sure to learn some more as I go and have fun because of you all as it unfolds. With that said, I just wanted to get my little Dojo started since I dropped some beans last night.

A dear friend and my Cannabis Sensei 🥋@CannaGranny says often that she pays close attention to moon phases and planetary alignments with respect to when to plant. Basically she is the Farmers Almanac but human and better. Last night was a beautiful Full Worm Moon, also I believe referred to as the "Sugar Moon". I need some sugar peeps so I felt it was time to get these lil ladies onto the track and see if they've got wheels.

Tents are 4x4 AC Infinity with a 67 and a 69 controller
1 HLG Blackbird per tent
Bunch of fans
Portable AC that is too big and may be lookin to replace. But with both tents on same light schedule it shouldn't be as hard to just use the lung room/my office to maintain temps
Am lookin into 2 humidifiers but likely will obtain from auction like nellisauction.com
2 things aside some nutes or 2 I may need, are a moisture meter for testing flower and also one for the soil.
Also looking into blackout material that I can replace the large black garbage bags I'm using. Not playing games and not hermin over a light leak if can help it. I want these tents locked down well.

The Beans 🫘 🌱 Hyperlinked to Breeder

Tent 1 - The Killer B's - Heavy Indica Hybrids
#1 Banana Krumble - Banana Punch x OG Kush (70/30)i
#2 Big Bud - Afghani x Skunk (85/15)i
#3 Black Valium - Lost Coast Hash Plant x G13 x Afghan Ghost
#4 Bubba Kush - Bubble Gum X Kush (80/20)i

Tent 2 - Indica and Sativa Hybrids
#5 Chem Cookies - Chemdog D x GSC
#6 GG4 (60/40)i - Chem's Sister x Sour Dubb x Chocolate Diesel
#7 Imperium X - (City of God x The White Angel) x Future#1 (60/40)s
#8 Vanilla Frosting - Gelato x Frost OG (60/40)s

Going to go pop a SNS(Saturday Night Special) and Fruity Pebbles from friend @ 13th Axis in case any of the 8 above don't germ.

Have some Coast of Maine seed starter showing up Friday. Will be using SoHum Living Soil primarily with maybe some 50/50 coco/perl 1" base layer at bottom if it is advisable in 5g fabs.
Pretty much going to ride the 🧙‍♂️'s @Shaded_One coattails and also hope for a bit/a lot of help from anyone else willing.

My plan this grow is to KISS whenever can but it might not sound like it. I know 8 plants will be harder to manage but my rationalization has much to do with how I plan to grow and for how long. I think it behooves me to try for a much faster veg than have before. I am going to mainline 8 colas per plant and don't plan to scrog. If the colas need support I will stake/tomato cage them but for me with this grow I am going to avoid scrogging. It will make it much easier to manage the plants due to them being mobile and not under a net or screen. If I even harvested 2oz per plant dry it is a lb., 4oz is 2lb and I feel I can fall in between there and make the 4-6 months worth it.

I had received my 4 x 20lb grassroots fabric pots yesterday but decided to save them for another grow. I'd have to mix quite a bit of old soil with this new SoHum in order to fill all 8 plants in 5s then xfer to the 20s. Biggest concern though is getting my watering practices down since it seems to be the root of my issues every grow. Saw how the 🧙‍♂️ watered a fabric pot from the bottom and then top watered and I dig it. My fab pots have always sat on risers because I was afraid of root rot from them sitting in the saucer and the roots not being able to breathe as well. But I can't feed from the bottom like he does with risers so am going to add that tactic in. I have enough blumats to ensure I can set up each with a dripper on each side. That could be my insurance and back/up plan to hand watering as well as if need to/want to go out of town.

Whelp that is it for meow. If you made it this far thanks and I hope to see ya around

There once was a dream of rome
There once was a dream of rome 2
There once was a dream of rome 3
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Get it PT!
following
Hell yeah! So glad yall got my back 💪
Sure hope this Coast of Maine Seed Starter soil shows manana as expected. My super non secret grandmaster seed germing tactics are on schedule. Took peak and spritzed the eggs and a good 6 of 8 are crackin.
Hah almost crashed and burned for 87th time before even started though. Can't play games with these cheap ass heat mats no more. Thought I learned before but nope. I placed mat down then double folded 2 towels. Then put another towel inside cloner. So now 3 thick towels double folded and put baby cloners on that. WAY too hot. Frikin mat gets to probably 120 easy and it is 2nd one I bought cause thought 1st was a fluke. Nope they literally get 20-30+ degrees easily above what they claim and can cook your shit. Glad I caught in time cause another 6-12 hrs and I think I'd have a hemp heart hah

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
that's a fantastic mix of seeds you've got going for this. any one strain you're most excited about? been doing seed shopping lately myself.

curious to see how the bubba kush turns out.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

that's a fantastic mix of seeds you've got going for this. any one strain you're most excited about? been doing seed shopping lately myself.

curious to see how the bubba kush turns out.
Thanks C and I am most excited for Black Valium, Vanilla Frosting, Bubba Kush, and Imperium X. @GNick55 been throwin down the Imperium X and it looks sick af so far.
The Mamiko Seeds Chem Cookies 1 grew 2 of my 1st grow. My brother thought it was the best I had grown yet and I had 1 bean left so said YOLO and threw it in. I remember the terps and if I can improve from my 1st grow then she will be a stunner

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

so far so good. Only #3(Black Valium) and #5(Chem Cookies) are being stubborn. Have a fruity pebbles, 2 x SNS(Saturday Night Special) and 1 x another Black Valium just in case these beans try to foil by 8 plant grow. Not gonna happen. As said before, "There once was a dream of Rome"

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

"7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office" "Why" "Cause you're fuckin fired!" ~ Something about Mary

ahhh what a classic. What it is Farmdamily? Hope yall are well and cheers to a great day and an even better weekend ahead.

So finally I cut Puff down yesterday, so this means I'm back to 18/6 in my office/grow room and don't have to sweat being in here after lights went off for Puff at 6pm. Now I plan to be on more as I'm a bit of a night owl and can be more active meow.

The beans I popped pretty much had 90/100% germ rate. The last Chem Cookie I had(also oldest seeds I have) just didn't want to come o the dance. I had a SNS or 2 as back ups but coolio homedawg @ninjadip not only sent me sweet ass sweet thc suckers but also 5 Black Domina beans. Shit is straight peepee in the dirt 95% indica cross of Northern Lights x Ortega x Hash Plant x Afghani. Wasn't a tough choice to say "ploop" and drop one in case could germ and replace the Chem Cookie. So a week later line-up has been slight altered as below.

Tent 1 - The Killer B's - Heavy Indica Hybrids
#1 Banana Krumble - Banana Punch x OG Kush (70/30)i
#2 Big Bud - Afghani x Skunk (85/15)i
#3 Black Valium - Lost Coast Hash Plant x G13 x Afghan Ghost
#4 Bubba Kush - Bubble Gum X Kush (80/20)i

Tent 2 - Indica and Sativa Hybrids
#5 Black Domina - Northern Lights x Ortega x Hash Plant x Afghani (95)i - Thanks again @ninjadip
#6 GG4 (60/40)i - Chem's Sister x Sour Dubb x Chocolate Diesel
#7 Imperium X - (City of God x The White Angel) x Future#1 (60/40)s
#8 Vanilla Frosting - Gelato x Frost OG (60/40)s

The 2 in front are SNS(Saturday Night Special) bred by friend (13th Axis) is Havasu so am giving 1 or both 2 my brother since they weren't part of my "Dream of Rome" this grow

Also got new humidifier and love it. It is a Levoit and is wifi. Has schedule so I let come on when lights on and off when they go off. Also shuts off LED display with schedule.
Organized my grow goods a bit also and cleaned tent. Have tent 2 to clean but no need until ready for use in a few weeks when roots in solos ready for xfer to 5gs

20230316 101730
Nesta028

Nesta028

Dude… all the stuff on those shelves cracks me up because you are always second guessing yourself and adding $hit! Promise us you wont go grabbing for those bottles this grow 😂.

Love the Marley jams my friend! Robert NESTA Marley is where my handle came from.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Dude… all the stuff on those shelves cracks me up because you are always second guessing yourself and adding $hit! Promise us you wont go grabbing for those bottles this grow 😂.

Love the Marley jams my friend! Robert NESTA Marley is where my handle came from.
that is EXACTLY why it is there. It is all the good and bad I have obtained NOT anywhere near what I will use. You may have missed it but my closet Swifty friend from IL is in town and I had to organize some things. Of the nutes you see as of right now, their is only a handful of things I "might" use. Things are moving in strange and mysterious ways right now and communication from here on out may be spotty. I could appear on tv at said swift show in glendale, in mexico, jail, aruba, and countless other places in the near term. Don't forget about me in the event I go dark for too long. Could be evidence shit hit the fan too hard.
As for the late Bob Marley, trust in that it wasn't just your super cool mojo and vibe you give off that drew me to you. Only someone who can truly "hear" him would choose such handle and avatar. He was beyond his time to say the least and I wish he was still here. Damian is no slouch though but obviously different level.

I listen to this HERE on repeat sometimes while playing pool

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

are those grow dots?
Yes and no. Somewhere on there is a bag with 2 grow dots you can't see 😆 but along with that bag bottom left that was those spongey seed starter plugs. Both from a year ago when 1st started trying to grow. That bookshelf I was just putting everything that was piled up in a closet I needed to empty. Most of the stuff I won't use again but some is actually pretty legit. Mammoth P for instance.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

14 days in soil update.
Looks like #6 GG4 is being replaced by a Saturday Night Special.
Appear vertically challenged but no sweat, oooosahh. Hoping to transplant by next Sat. 🤗

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

18 days in soil update. Vid from last night.
May be last day in solos so long as grow bags show today.
No offense to the vertically challenged but I have apparently grown midget plants yet again. Vanilla Frosting has her 1 finger leaves actually touching soil. No Bueno and not lookin to give a ladder to possible pesties. Will try to take this into account when repot.
Going to be using AC Infinity 5g grow bags this run. Appear to be thicker than most @ 500gsm and slightly larger than others.
Potting up to SoHum Living Soil but will mycos the roots well and also use some Coast of Maine Seed Starter soil as buffer/introduction to final home soil.
@Moe.Red The PF made me think of you and I hope you are well. I remember this night concert @ ASU mid 90s and this song was on. Took a small amount of shrooms to kick things up a notch. During this song there was a giant disco ball on the 50 yard line. The lights they shot at it reflected and made large circles(coins) of light on the crowd. As the song played the disco ball started to turn and the "coins" on the audience began to go clockwise. Half way through the song the globe came to a halt and began to move in the other direction. All at once it was like the entire audience fell down 😅
Was a sight to see/feel no doubt 🙏

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

18 days in soil update. Vid from last night.
May be last day in solos so long as grow bags show today.
No offense to the vertically challenged but I have apparently grown midget plants yet again. Vanilla Frosting has her 1 finger leaves actually touching soil. No Bueno and not lookin to give a ladder to possible pesties. Will try to take this into account when repot.
Going to be using AC Infinity 5g grow bags this run. Appear to be thicker than most @ 500gsm and slightly larger than others.
Potting up to SoHum Living Soil but will mycos the roots well and also use some Coast of Maine Seed Starter soil as buffer/introduction to final home soil.
@Moe.Red The PF made me think of you and I hope you are well. I remember this night concert @ ASU mid 90s and this song was on. Took a small amount of shrooms to kick things up a notch. During this song there was a giant disco ball on the 50 yard line. The lights they shot at it reflected and made large circles(coins) of light on the crowd. As the song played the disco ball started to turn and the "coins" on the audience began to go clockwise. Half way through the song the globe came to a halt and began to move in the other direction. All at once it was like the entire audience fell down 😅
Was a sight to see/feel no doubt 🙏

I remember sitting in my buddies car, 18 years old fresh out of highschool high as fuuuuuuck in his car and Money started playing on his stereo and I was trippin' out HARD 🤣

Top Bottom