"There once was a Dream of Rome...

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

My bad bro and that spazz-out ranks up there for sure.

Girls look pretty shitty today but I'm not surprised. Bag of the 4-4-4 says 1/2c is suitable for 5g-ish. I top dressed that much into the soil and mixed in 2 evenings ago. @GNick55 mentioned maybe 3/4g each since pots likely only filled up 80-85% since ran out of soil. Was going to run around and feed them all 1/2 of 3/4g then let that soak in and come back around.

It is still 8 in the morn here so I think I should start watering. Does anyone advise adding anything to the tap water I'm to use? Cal-mag, etc. or just straight fk it and hope the tap and 4-4-4 is all they need/want? Any thoughts appreciated

Half a cup = 8 tablespoons. That's barely anything.

The base recommendation is 3 tablespoons per GALLON of soil. I am using 4 tablespoons per gallon this run (I have even been doing more, 2 cups per 7 gallon pot = 32 tablespoons in total every 4 weeks)

Nothing to stress about brotha! Can I see some pics of the plants before you start adding more stuff and mucking with your water? Chances are they just need more veg nutes and some Epsom or something else.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Half a cup = 8 tablespoons. That's barely anything.

The base recommendation is 3 tablespoons per GALLON of soil. I am using 4 tablespoons per gallon this run (I have even been doing more, 2 cups per 7 gallon pot = 32 tablespoons in total every 4 weeks)

Nothing to stress about brotha! Can I see some pics of the plants before you start adding more stuff and mucking with your water? Chances are they just need more veg nutes and some Epsom or something else.

fkin A lol I waited for a reply and never got a notification and kept looking then gave up/in. Shit oh well ok so 1/2c is likely not enough roger that. Too late this watering because I fed them all 12cups(3/4g)ish each pretty much 1c at a time.
Do you advise I add maybe 1-1.5c 4-4-4 next watering maybe a week from now or no?

20230407 181852
20230407 181836
sambapati

sambapati

fkin A lol I waited for a reply and never got a notification and kept looking then gave up/in. Shit oh well ok so 1/2c is likely not enough roger that. Too late this watering because I fed them all 12cups(3/4g)ish each pretty much 1c at a time.
Do you advise I add maybe 1-1.5c 4-4-4 next watering maybe a week from now or no?
PT -- what are the yellow arrows? Secret code? Cool mixture of beans in this grow. As Lynyrd Skynyrd once said, "Don't ask me no questions and I won't tell you no lies."

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

PT -- what are the yellow arrows? Secret code? Cool mixture of beans in this grow. As Lynyrd Skynyrd once said, "Don't ask me no questions and I won't tell you no lies."
Yo brotha ✌️ always awesome to hear from ya. No secret code 🤣 just how I keep them in line. I like to rotate them every 4h or so while still so mobile so use the sticky traps like a ⏰
As for the great LS, I concur and feel nobody said it better 🙇‍♂️

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

28 Days Later(☣️) update

Been about 9 days since moved from solos to 5gs.

Yesterday fed them all 3/4g tap after 1/2c 4-4-4 top dress which sounds about 75% light on the nutes. Could imagine pots not needing another watering for a good 5-7 days but don't know. If advised I will add the remaining 1-1.5c before water next.

Happy Easter weekend out there 🐇 and cheers to you enjoying it with your friends and fam 🙏

20230408 074438
20230408 074447
20230408 074510
20230408 074517
20230408 074533
20230408 074546
20230408 074553
20230408 074559
20230408 074617
20230408 074625
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Not really but thanks anyways!!! 🥸
Stay in your lane homre 😂
I'm only 48 but I'm no doubt going on about 63+ in a few ways. Been around many blocks just some too many times to want to admit 🤣
This may sound shallow or what have you but my entire life I have felt if someone was to ask me "hey Tony, what is the 1 single thing above all you feel you God gifted you at birth?" I have always felt it was higher level intuition with people. Maybe some would just call it common sense but I have always felt I can see through people muuuch differently than others. So you aren't fooling me that you aren't a good guy.
Lmao crazy sidetrack adhd story. My Aunt is a 80+ yr old Reiki Master and looks 60 tops and is healthy af. She says she thinks I am a Crystal Child 🔮 😏 which I don't fully understand but get this. She is my Aunt Sondra. My father Jack has 3 sisters. Her and my Aunt Linda and Ronnie all pretty much east coast PA. Sondra lived west coast much of her life and still does though. In the late 80s and early 90s she was married to Dr. Alan Metzger. He founded like the closest known cure to Lupus or something and was a pretty big wig. This was the same time Micheal Jackson had Vitaligo my Uncle Alan was one of his Dr's. That isn't very crazy but where they lived was. They lived on Benedict Canyon rd and it was DIRECTLY across from the home of Sharon Tate. My cousin drove me up the windy af driveway and it had speedups most jeeps woukd bottom out on. Was crazy to see the house up close. Took many years to sell for obvious reasons. The Oj BS had also already occurred and in like 90 or 91 my brother and I and our gfs went to visit them and it was some good times. I pissed on Ojs lawn and immediately my cousins Johnny and I were being tailed 😄
LA/Beverley Hills is something else I tell you. This tattoo was from Sunset tattoos that trip. It is 30+ years old and was never touched up but funny is my brother has the same panther on same foot without snake, from same guy but a year or 2 earlier. He couldn't afford the snake 😄
Panthers back left foot where snake is wrapped around still looks like the mushroom it did back then. Actually I know a wicked good artist out here who is close friend. I should have him clean it up. Hmm that hurt so bad 👎 maybe not lol I think I would pass the fk out 🤣

20230408 160155
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Sheesh who the heck was the drunk guy above takin off his clothes after just a few IPAs? Dude needs to lay off the sauce a bit or stop drunk farm-posting at the least damn 🫣 Where is a mod to throw a growmie a bone and delete a post when you need one 🤣

35 days in soil update.

Fed all the young ladies 3/4g again but with molasses, smidge Power Si, and ReCharge on Friday. The prior drought was 7 days with maybe 1/4c run off and this drought was 6 days and zero run off. Hmm I think they are beginning to get "the thirst". I will be on watch to need to water as early as Thursday-ish.

Found that by increasing RH in tent further than I thought I should, I can get VPD in the .9-1.1 area if/when I want. So been surfing the 78-81temp 60-65rh range and they seem ok.

Topped all of them yesterday and now they must sit and think about what they've done. If they didn't know who was in charge they do meow 👨‍🔬

Keep it sleazy out there Farmfamdamly and if you can't be good then just be good at that ✌️

20230416 140237
20230416 140245
20230416 142815
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Looking much better brotha! You are STILL being shy with your feed amounts though 🤣

1 cup of the good stuff every 4 weeks per 5 gallon pot! Oh and I can start to see some magnesium def creeping in. Give them 2-4 tablespoons each top dress, even if you aren't watering for a few days.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Looking much better brotha! You are STILL being shy with your feed amounts though 🤣

1 cup of the good stuff every 4 weeks per 5 gallon pot! Oh and I can start to see some magnesium def creeping in. Give them 2-4 tablespoons each top dress, even if you aren't watering for a few days.

View attachment 1351901
YOOO brotha. That sucks I did not see this till now. Notifications been jacked up for weeks it seems.
Yeah that plant in the solo I gave away Monday. It was hard to top dress it anymore because it was filled almost to top and I had already added some 4-4-4 to her twice. She was an extra SNS(Saturday Night Special) in case the other didn't germ. She gone meow though and in the backyard of a friend named Bud.
These right now. Do you see any deficiency or need for more 4-4-4? I gave them 1/2c, watered and waited a week, then 1.5c and watered and now tomorrow is 6 days. Best to mark calendar for 4 weeks from last top dress and plan for 2c more each?

20230419 180703
20230419 180709
20230419 180714
20230419 180720
20230419 180820
20230419 180824
20230419 180831
20230419 180836
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

YOOO brotha. That sucks I did not see this till now. Notifications been jacked up for weeks it seems.
Yeah that plant in the solo I gave away Monday. It was hard to top dress it anymore because it was filled almost to top and I had already added some 4-4-4 to her twice. She was an extra SNS(Saturday Night Special) in case the other didn't germ. She gone meow though and in the backyard of a friend named Bud.
These right now. Do you see any deficiency or need for more 4-4-4? I gave them 1/2c, watered and waited a week, then 1.5c and watered and now tomorrow is 6 days. Best to mark calendar for 4 weeks from last top dress and plan for 2c more each?

well well well....look what we got here! a mf grower 🧙‍♂️

Plants are looking top notch if I must say so myself! and yes to the bolded portion of your quote :) do a 50/50 blend next top dress so 1/2 cup of each 284 and 444 (if you are still in 5 gallon pots)

sambapati

sambapati

Dude there is a gorilla trying to rip off your plants, maybe he's a bathing ape, cant tell from this angle. Stop eating bananas.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

well well well....look what we got here! a mf grower 🧙‍♂️

Plants are looking top notch if I must say so myself! and yes to the bolded portion of your quote :) do a 50/50 blend next top dress so 1/2 cup of each 284 and 444 (if you are still in 5 gallon pots)
Aw thanks man means much. Oh wow ok so some boom nutes in veg 🤔 I like it. 1/2c of each next top dress. Roger that and awesome 👌
Hey I do have questions about the fabric pots. Fabric pots supposedly cause roots to sense o2 and then they shy away. This causes the tops and sides to dry out dramatically faster. People with regular plastic pots are able to grow just fine so it must not be a necessity. It brings me to something from last grow and I think you asked about it when I wrapped the sides with a garbage bag.
So I will try to be more clear about where I'm going with this. I'm trying to see or hear of the benefits of the fabric pots on the sides. I've used 3, 5, and 7g of different brands every grow and all I've found is it causes the sides to dry out fastest and makes the soil more hydrophobic.
This company makes grow bags specifically about what I'm saying. I have 4 x 20g I haven't used yet. Can you please read the snippet about them and give me your thoughts on why they would make the inside liner waterproof if it was a bad thing. Because if I wrap my fabric pots in plastic bags on the outside it is pretty much the same thing but ghetto

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Dude there is a gorilla trying to rip off your plants, maybe he's a bathing ape, cant tell from this angle. Stop eating bananas.
Good eye. That is a sloth. It is a 2 piece tea bag holder actually. It is made of silicone and comes apart at the belly. Has holes in back. Put tea bag inside and hang into your cup to steep 🤣
But as you can clearly see, the sloth is always on the pot with the plant that is slowest. The sloth is supposed to comfort and console the plant but encourage to move faster as well

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Aw thanks man means much. Oh wow ok so some boom nutes in veg 🤔 I like it. 1/2c of each next top dress. Roger that and awesome 👌
Hey I do have questions about the fabric pots. Fabric pots supposedly cause roots to sense o2 and then they shy away. This causes the tops and sides to dry out dramatically faster. People with regular plastic pots are able to grow just fine so it must not be a necessity. It brings me to something from last grow and I think you asked about it when I wrapped the sides with a garbage bag.
So I will try to be more clear about where I'm going with this. I'm trying to see or hear of the benefits of the fabric pots on the sides. I've used 3, 5, and 7g of different brands every grow and all I've found is it causes the sides to dry out fastest and makes the soil more hydrophobic.
This company makes grow bags specifically about what I'm saying. I have 4 x 20g I haven't used yet. Can you please read the snippet about them and give me your thoughts on why they would make the inside liner waterproof if it was a bad thing. Because if I wrap my fabric pots in plastic bags on the outside it is pretty much the same thing but ghetto

I think you're over-thinking it! 🤣

But at the end of the day everyone has different environments so what works for me might not be ideal for you. I use fabric pots for many reasons, the primary one being the faster dry back. Another benefit is that I go from fully saturated to dry-as-mouse-turd every 2 nights like clockwork. I like that the roots can get oxygen through the sides of the pot when the bottom is wet or blocked off you aren't just relying on tiny holes for air intake. I like that I can bottom water 75% of the volume and rely on the fabric to just wick it up.

tldr; just use what works for you :)

sambapati

sambapati

But at the end of the day everyone has different environments so what works for me might not be ideal for you. I use fabric pots for many reasons, the primary one being the faster dry back. Another benefit is that I go from fully saturated to dry-as-mouse-turd every 2 nights like clockwork. I like that the roots can get oxygen through the sides of the pot when the bottom is wet or blocked off you aren't just relying on tiny holes for air intake. I like that I can bottom water 75% of the volume and rely on the fabric to just wick it up.

similar benefits to airpots breathing everywhere....

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

tldr; just use what works for you :)
Roger that and makes much sense thanks. Do you recall roughly when you started bottom watering in veg? If I recall from a video of when first saw that you bottom fed at all, I think they were definitely more mature then mine are no?

Top Bottom