This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Clarke's Marijuana Botany is really good for research if you haven't read it. I know you have like infinitely more experience than me, but I love that book! It was recommended by Cervantes and Chimera at the end of Chimera's breeding chapter.

principles of crop improvement is a great one to. I can pull author up cant recall off top my head. Its not cannabis specific, but does cover in both basic and very advanced techniques of time proven ways to improve crops thru breeding. Has some epic info. marijauna botany is a good read as well. I just tend to favor the non cannabis specific as there's a lot of stoner missinformation and crazy off the wall theories.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
principles of crop improvement is a great one to. I can pull author up cant recall off top my head. Its not cannabis specific, but does cover in both basic and very advanced techniques of time proven ways to improve crops thru breeding. Has some epic info. marijauna botany is a good read as well. I just tend to favor the non cannabis specific as there's a lot of stoner missinformation and crazy off the wall theories.

Awesome, thanks I'll look for that too. Breeding is something I'm just sort of getting Into reading about and doing a little bit of backyard dabbling, but I'd love to get more deep into it someday. I just want to do it right. And right now I dont have quite the right spot, but I will in the next few years hopefully. Plan is to eventually rent out our house and move into my in laws property that has a 20x60 organic greenhouse on it, and grow in that.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Ordered! I assume the one by Simmons.

Last edited:
TheKushie

TheKushie

Awesome to hear. My plants are liking it for sure. My only hesitation with it in flower is that it's quite high in K using the B1 and B2, I'm sort of thinking of cutting the B1 with a little V1 to bring the K down a little for coco. But otherwise I'm gonna run with the recommendations online. Also going to bring this here stuff back into the mix. I know I know... bottles lol. But what can I say, Massive is probably the only bloom supplement I've used that works really really well. Triacontanol is amazing stuff.View attachment 1021038
Have you tried their Bud booster? I'm using massive along with dense and was thinking of adding bud Booster for a couple weeks 60gram bag is $8 and is only needed for 2 -3 weeks

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ordered! I assume the one by Simmons.
You can Download the whole book with color illustrations in pdf form for free from this link, I just made myself a cup of coffee, gonna do some reading.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
You can Download the whole book with color illustrations in pdf form for free from this link, I just made myself a cup of coffee, gonna do some reading.

I have a slight problem with collecting old used books anyway, but thanks!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Have you tried their Bud booster? I'm using massive along with dense and was thinking of adding bud Booster for a couple weeks 60gram bag is $8 and is only needed for 2 -3 weeks
I havent no, I try to keep things somewhat simple. Massive is a bud booster itself, I dont really see the need to use another one on top of it.

TheKushie

TheKushie

I havent no, I try to keep things somewhat simple. Massive is a bud booster itself, I dont really see the need to use another one on top of it.
Thanks for the input, I was thinking that too but for the price and the amount I need is the only reason why im leaning towards adding it in. The
1-50-30 will help with GP Dense
0-0-62

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Blackberry Moonshine bx1, plus 2 little clones of HBCM from reno in the front.

20200824 195710

Dragons garlic breath
20200824 200425

Both are very uniform so far, with some of the larger garlic breaths having much bigger leaves and some purpling going on. Both look very sturdy, I cant wait to see some flowers.

Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Looking killer my dude.

Bottles. Gross :D I recently started running Hygrozyme again just to see whats what in the drip and seems to help. I feel dirty doing it haha.

Triacontanol is something I've never messed with (I think). Do tell. Is it considered a PGR? Is that what is in all the kelp extracts? Cold pressed kelp I've used in the past just before I really had an understand what everything did.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
@Dirtbag I don't he runs PBP in veg but I can real quick. What dosage of each per gal?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looking killer my dude.

Bottles. Gross :D I recently started running Hygrozyme again just to see whats what in the drip and seems to help. I feel dirty doing it haha.

Triacontanol is something I've never messed with (I think). Do tell. Is it considered a PGR? Is that what is in all the kelp extracts? Cold pressed kelp I've used in the past just before I really had an understand what everything did.

It is a natural PGR, nothing like paclo or the bad synthetic ones. in the case of massive its extracted from honeycomb waste products. Dude if you havent ever tried it, you should lol. Its unreal how much bigger and chunkier the buds get. Look it up, lots of info on the internet about it. I didnt run it last cycle and am wishing I had of. First run in a while without it and it was noticable. It's also extremely noticable when you use it that it works lol. It's like the plant equivalent of taking testosterone. Literally, it's a phytohormone.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looking killer my dude.

Never teied this... how's it applied?

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Awesome to hear. My plants are liking it for sure. My only hesitation with it in flower is that it's quite high in K using the B1 and B2, I'm sort of thinking of cutting the B1 with a little V1 to bring the K down a little for coco. But otherwise I'm gonna run with the recommendations online. Also going to bring this here stuff back into the mix. I know I know... bottles lol. But what can I say, Massive is probably the only bloom supplement I've used that works really really well. Triacontanol is amazing stuff.View attachment 1021038

Have you used the green planet liquid weight ? I've used it in the past once or twice, thought it worked good , I might try it again , I use the stuff in it anyhow this is just an all in one kind of deal with the triacontanol, yucca, amino acids , humic. etc

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Triacontanol? It's just added to the resivoir and watered in. It's what makes massive work so well. I think it's also what is in Canna Boost and a couple other similar products.
Pretty sure you can just buy it in powder form too on the net.
Looking at massive doesn't it contain it already?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Have you used the green planet liquid weight ? I've used it in the past once or twice, thought it worked good , I might try it again , I use the stuff in it anyhow this is just an all in one kind of deal with the triacontanol, yucca, amino acids , humic. etc
I havent tried it no.. Honestly, just like every other nutrient lineup I feel like a lot of green planets products are just different variations of the same thing. Massive I believe was one of their first and best selling products and has all that good stuff like gibberellic acid, tria, aminos, fulvic, yucca, trace elements etc. I find it works very well on it's own.

Last edited:
Top Bottom