This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol, yeah hash is getting made with either method. I love my fresh scissor hash and glove hash, then bubble hash from the trim.

I dont think either method is bad.. But wet trim quick dried can be bad. And dry trimmed can be a PITA.

The amount of pot you're trimming at once is probably a factor too, MIMed does one plant at a time, Not sure how much pot that equates to but doesnt seem like a big deal. When I chop I'm looking at 3.5 pounds give or take to trim by myself or with the wife. Doing that volume of dry trimming would drive me insane. But, I'd do it if it made the pot better, for me though it just doesnt seem to at all.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I did it once, and I had dried peaces of leaf stuck to my lovely sticky bud, looked like it had been attacked by a strimmer. Not for me, but if it suits you, then crack on, but I like my bud tidy, and I only get that result from wet trimming, and like you say, each to their own. I dry my wet trim and also make hash. :)

The bud leaves should be pretty crispy. They pretty much just pop off with the tip of the scissor. I think wet trimming makes the mess. A sticky scissor clogging mess of wasted resin.

But i agree to each his own. :)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol, yeah hash is getting made with either method. I love my fresh scissor hash and glove hash, then bubble hash from the trim.

I dont think either method is bad.. But wet trim quick dried can be bad. And dry trimmed can be a PITA.

The amount of pot you're trimming at once is probably a factor too, MIMed does one plant at a time, Not sure how much pot that equates to but doesnt seem like a big deal. When I chop I'm looking at 3.5 pounds give or take to trim by myself or with the wife. Doing that volume of dry trimming would drive me insane. But, I'd do it if it made the pot better, for me though it just doesnt seem to at all.

True i usually trim a plant or two at a time. But i can dry trim as fast as anyone i have seen wet trim. Maybe faster. Lots of practice every week pretry much.

Also i have done more at a time both ways. Mostly i like the chunky custom looking buds and the dry kief collecting. And of course the slower dry time is the only difference that really matters.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Outdoor mighty mite are in flower already with no light dep. Pretty awesome strain for the wet coast. I've said it before but I seriously love the old school look of these leaves..

This is going to be strictly a seed crop, the male is over 6' tall already. I can imagine how tall shed get if I started it earlier indoors and put them in huge pots.. Next year.
20190727 194506
20190727 194521
20190727 194650

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They seem to be taking to their new home quite well. Got their first nearly full watering last night and a powdered sulphur spray as a PM preventative. That's the white shit on the leaves.

Ive also been using a homemade pesticide concoction made with essential oils from rosemary, sesame, peppermint, thyme, cinnamon and garlic, with some lecithin and glycerin as emulsifiers. This stuff seems to work unexpectedly good. It's amazing actually. Wiped out an aphid infestation on my tomatoes, and killed all the little fliers that got in when I installed my AC. And cheap.. I can make about 120L of spray for $40 worth of herb oils.

20190730 084811
20190730 084752

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Breaking up a bit of this space cookies from my last crop for a doobie. I've discovered that I actually prefer this strain taken a bit earlier. It has more of a diesel funk taken a week before this, but this stuff is good too. flavour is still nice, just different, more earthy and a bit skunky. This round it had probably 10% amber when I chopped, a bit more at the tips. I usually take it when it's just all cloudy trichs that are starting to bend over. Next round...

20190731 093427

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Breaking up a bit of this space cookies from my last crop for a doobie. I've discovered that I actually prefer this strain taken a bit earlier. It has more of a diesel funk taken a week before this, but this stuff is good too. flavour is still nice, just different, more earthy and a bit skunky. This round it had probably 10% amber when I chopped, a bit more at the tips. I usually take it when it's just all cloudy trichs that are starting to bend over. Next round...

View attachment 885056

That bud looks fantastic. But i too like to chop at the first signs of amber with as close to 100% plump cloudy trichomes for the best high.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That bud looks fantastic. But i too like to chop at the first signs of amber with as close to 100% plump cloudy trichomes for the best high.

yeah I've never taken this strain this far Into flower before. I always hear people going on about amber trichomes but I honestly never let them go quite that far. When they look full and cloudy and the stalks start bending over, I chop. Usually lol... This one got away on me. What can I say. Still very nice smoke for sure.

That bud in the pic was 7.2 grams, when I broke the bottom two buds off which really shouldnt be there anyway the main top bud was still 4.8 grams. Not a bad top. Not my best but decent considering the circumstances. This strain is dense... half pounds look not much bigger than a Qp.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Little bit of hashish from the last crop. Wasnt a lot of trim because so many buds were popcorn larfy and just got bagged as is for my reserve smoke stash...

But this stuff looks good, the resin is definitely ripe that's for sure.. A few more days curing on parchment and I'll press it into a slab.
20190802 195351

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Weekly update, We are chugging right along... Clones seem to have taken to their new home without a hiccup and are growing quickly. Got the light down lower and pushed them closer together, with any luck now they should really start to take off.

20190804 223110

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They look vigorous and healthy. Go, go ,go!

Do you prefer the soft pots?

I've only used them once before. They were ok but it was a different application using small pots and more frequent waterings.

The idea this time was to put 5 gallons of soil in a 7 gallon soft pot to see how a wider more shallow root structure affects the plant growth. But in the past when I did the small fabric pots beside plastic pots, the pot from the fabric pots was clearly denser and more resinous. Figured I'd give them another shot.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've only used them once before. They were ok but it was a different application using small pots and more frequent waterings.

The idea this time was to put 5 gallons of soil in a 7 gallon soft pot to see how a wider more shallow root structure affects the plant growth. But in the past when I did the small fabric pots beside plastic pots, the pot from the fabric pots was clearly denser and more resinous. Figured I'd give them another shot.

Think the density came from more often watering/ fertilizing?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

Just got my 150 1 gals or so to see how they do. Basically the same footprint as a 6in cube so I have high hopes.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Do you put them in a tray bunched together and water them all together?

Haha naw its 14-17 per tray on drip. Just dedicated myself to get off of wool and keep my tables clean so running fabrics vs the 7 million 6in hydro pots I have collected over the years and have to clean after each run and also like to leak perlite and coco out of the holes and clog my drains. Got 2 gals for moms. Never ran fabrics so should be fun.

Top Bottom