This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Another nice chunky top. crop is looking alright actually..

20190708 201248

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well... early results are in. I'm puffin on some pre-98 from this recent crop that was dried 8 days and no cure yet, and its freakin fantastic already. So so tasty, it has that classic dank musky, pungent flavour that only the true bubba cuts have, and its burning extremely clean and staying lit down to the roach already. Joint burned for like 20 min smoking it by myself... Seriously going to be some connaisseur shit after the cure.

Only real differences this crop from last was running botanicare pbp and I also let them go a week longer than usual.. I used the pbp grow up to week 6, 50/50 grow/bloom in week 7, Just the bloom in week 8 and halfway through week 9, and then water only up to chop time at 10 weeks. This is going to be my routine for a while based on these results. Though I do intend to do a single plant experiment fed as @MIMedGrower does using the grow only all the way through to the finish on the next run to compare. I'm not convinced there werent other variables responsible for my less than stellar burn and flavour profile last round.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well... early results are in. I'm puffin on some pre-98 from this recent crop that was dried 8 days and no cure yet, and its freakin fantastic already. So so tasty, it has that classic dank musky, pungent flavour that only the true bubba cuts have, and its burning extremely clean and staying lit down to the roach already. Joint burned for like 20 min smoking it by myself... Seriously going to be some connaisseur shit after the cure.

Only real differences this crop from last was running botanicare pbp and I also let them go a week longer than usual.. I used the pbp grow up to week 6, 50/50 grow/bloom in week 7, Just the bloom in week 8 and halfway through week 9, and then water only up to chop time at 10 weeks. This is going to be my routine for a while based on these results. Though I do intend to do a single plant experiment fed as @MIMedGrower does using the grow only all the way through to the finish on the next run to compare. I'm not convinced there werent other variables responsible for my less than stellar burn and flavour profile last round.

Did you use the PBP Bloom soil or hydro?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Did you use the PBP Bloom soil or hydro?

Soil bloom. The owner of the hydro store was there and hes a good friend and excellent grower, he gave me a small bottle to sample just for the last few feeds as a ripener. He said that's what a lot of guys are using these days to fatten them up so I figured I'd try it. He did suggest using the hydro bloom for the rest of the flowering cycle though, but I opted to go with grow since I was buying a gallon anyway. It sure worked well to fatten things up at the end thats for sure. Kinda took me by surprise.

But the bloom hydro looks like it would be excellent for the whole flower cycle based on the NPK.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I should add though he did say soil bloom isnt great in promix/proterra, it's really more for actual soil soil. He was specific it was just for ripening at the end.

I've honestly never been a big user of stuff like pk boosts, but I suppose you could look at this like that. Again, took me by surprise how well it worked out.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I should add though he did say soil bloom isnt great in promix/proterra, it's really more for actual soil soil. He was specific it was just for ripening at the end.

I've honestly never been a big user of stuff like pk boosts, but I suppose you could look at this like that. Again, took me by surprise how well it worked out.

I read that the soil bloom is really for outside dirt. The high phosphorous is because it is easily leached out of outdoor soils.

I never tried the hydro but may keep it on hand to try as needed in flower. The soil version gave me trouble in ocean forest as a bloom nute alone with way early yellowing and some burn.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I read that the soil bloom is really for outside dirt. The high phosphorous is because it is easily leached out of outdoor soils.

I never tried the hydro but may keep it on hand to try as needed in flower. The soil version gave me trouble in ocean forest as a bloom nute alone with way early yellowing and some burn.
Yeah it's really low N hey.. The way he explained it to me was the clay content in real soil binds up the free phosphorus, so they put more in it. For soilless he said the hydro bloom is way better. Whatever the case.. the soil bloom seems to work great for getting the buds plumped up and ripening at the end. And the grow formula worked great for the rest of the cycle.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looks good brother! What sort of hvac u going with?

I picked up a 15000btu comfortaire. Its a dual model that can be used either as a window or through the wall unit. Snagged it at home depot for about $280, someone returned it because the metal outer sleeve had a dent in it. It was almost $800 regular. RAD 151 is the model I believe.

It should easily handle 2400w of light in the summer. I'll probably only need to use it july-sept, but it's better than shutting down for 3 months.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I picked up a 15000btu comfortaire. Its a dual model that can be used either as a window or through the wall unit. Snagged it at home depot for about $280, someone returned it because the metal outer sleeve had a dent in it. It was almost $800 regular. RAD 151 is the model I believe.

It should easily handle 2400w of light in the summer. I'll probably only need to use it july-sept, but it's better than shutting down for 3 months.
Wow nice

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Killing it. Nothing like building shit with your own hands. Just one reason I do what I do for $.

FukinA. This whole shed is my baby. I built it rom the ground up and wired it all myself with the sole purpose of using it as a grow building. Should have done the AC right off the bat, but I didnt have the spare funds at the time.

Happy to discover this thing actually works lol. I didnt test it out before installing it, but probably should have since it was a return.

Now to finish up the trim, tidy the place up and get the next crop underway!

Top Bottom