This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Update time, Middle of week 3 in flower. Fed last night, total feed strength 1.4ec ph 6.3ph consisting of pbp grow and 10ml/g GP massive. Pretty sure I saw the buds grow overnight...

Violator kush has a super spikey hairdoo... Also got my mom cuts potted up and some regular non feminized seeds cracked for the next run. I popped 4 each of ethos forbidden zkittles, dragons flame genetics dragon cheese, and a freebie I got from Jordan of the islands called Jordan's Kush... Not available on his website under that name so I have no idea what it is. But his God bud looks lovely already and the one I have outdoors has an amazing smell, so I have high hopes.

If I keep this violator kush I'm running it all on the outside rows next time. It's got the perfect stretch for it... wish I had known before I netted it all... Oh well.. Next time.

20190908 185536
20190908 185557
20190908 185753

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Did some math and determined that while I like the results I'm getting with botanicare... shits expensive. It works out to around .27-28 cents per gallon.

I picked up some new food that just hit the market in Canada to try, it's from a very old and well established fert company in Canada that's just released a line specifically for cannabis production. It's a dry chelated fert that contains zero calcium and works out to about 5 cents a gallon at full strength feed rates. And by the numbers.. It looks pretty good. Should work well fed seperate with my other calcium supplements.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol. I recently got back from a bike ride and smoked a bong and a joint with mrs mmg and her friend and you got me doing math. :-)

Looks like i average 12 cents per gallon on the pure blend prow gro. American $ of course.

So led and powdered nutes dont really save me much it seems. For lights i need to factor in heat dispersed under my living area savings in winter.

But when i add 2 more lights.........

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This god bud looks unusually frosty, to the point it's got trichomes all over its stems and fan leaves already at 21 days. And the smell is absolutely on the money, very excited for this one. It was the only seedling out of 12 that survived an accidental dry out after germinating.

20190909 185943

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah pbp is over $80 a gallon here after tax. And I only get about 16 full resivoirs of full strength feed out of it. This stuff I'll get 76 resivoirs for $28. If it does as good I'll be happy to save the money there.

Bad math I did on that one. 76 is how many liters are in my res lol, anyway... Its actually 27 full resivoirs for $28 compared to 16 for $85 with pbp. So for every 16 feedings I'd get with pbp, I could get 81 feedings using this stuff...

Hopefully its decent... If not, well, it was cheap lol.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Yeah pbp is over $80 a gallon here after tax.

Fucking ouch. I think atm mine works out to with 25lb bags I pay around 140 bucks for them total (local love minus the agsil) and I can make 5600 gallons or 140 - 40 gal rezs. Works out to like a penny or 2 a gal. Veg is more things then flower but way less so its actually a little cheaper.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How much is it? Looks like heavy feed which sativa and hemp need

$28Cdn for 2 kilos from the local overpriced garden center.. could likely find it cheaper elsewhere.

I like that it has quite a bit of sulphur in it too. I'll probably finish out this run with pbp and see how the new stuff works for the next batch. Its definately potent looking stuff and honestly I like the idea of using dry nutrients. I actually started out using dry nutrients called Ggold back in the 90's, it was great stuff. I'll just keep my feed rate low around 1.2-1.4 as I have mostly hybrids.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Wrapped up a couple slabs of hash for aging last night. The little 10g one I'll open for my birthday in December. The other 15g pack I'll open in March.
I think this will be my new hobby lol... Making hash and then putting it away somewhere for a long time rather than smoking it all right away
20190909 215330

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Wrapped up a couple slabs of hash for aging last night. The little 10g one I'll open for my birthday in December. The other 15g pack I'll open in March.
I think this will be my new hobby lol... Making hash and then putting it away somewhere for a long time rather than smoking it all right away View attachment 894824
Pics can be deceiving, that looks like a kilo and a half kilo:smoking:

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I knew it was going too smoothly... lol. Friggin dehu gave up the ghost. I went in today to check things and RH was 99%. Thankfully I just burned sulphur the other day...

This sucks though. The room is kinda full to be swapping out a dehu, and dammit this is the second one in 2 years, fukkers arent cheap either.

Some days, this hobby is trying...

Top Bottom