This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hoping you can offer me some advice! I started with auto (first batch ever) and have learned the hard way it’s usually a small yeild and small plants. Wanted to grow medicinal quality as I’m fighting cancer... I went with F seeds this time around. I haven’t planted them yet as I’m waiting for the last 3 auto flowers to finish. 😩🙄 they honestly look like little midget plants! 😭 Can you please recommend what type of soil and nutrients that you used on your babies? You look absolutely gorgeous and full. Mine have not been very full at all. I’ll attach a picture of my babies right now but I would love to know what you do to make your eyes look so beautiful. The ones posted I’m showing are autos. But my next batch will be feminized. Started out in organic soil and added back guano and some potassium throughout each feeding.... would love to know what you use!!!! Also looking forward to learning how to net. Any advice or help you can offer is so so so appreciate it. Keep up the good work man and #fuckcancer
Thanks man!! View attachment 896348

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, That's a tough one..
I just used regular soiless like promix HP and for nutrients I used botanicare pure blend pro grow. feed feed water every 3 days or so. It's a bit more complicated than that but that's the basics of it. Most important factor is good genetics and good environment and a little bit of training to fill the room, and dont overfeed them or overcomplicate things by mixing random stuff if you dont know why it's there.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
End of week 4. Fed last night, run off was a little hot around 2ec so I rinsed with 1ec 6.4ph solution until I had runoff around 1.6-1.7.

Cookies is getting huge buds fast, violator is developing more slowly but smells absolutely amazing and the leaves are just freakin greasy as hell already.

Also thinking, this crop I'm gonna try the dry trim again and see if I notice a difference. I'm very familiar with this cookie cut so I'll notice an improvement immediately. See how she goes..

20190918 112621

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Dude they are def chugging with the big pot up pot. Gonna be a good pull for sure. Haven't even seen violator in a good min. I always love how the different genetic pockets pop up based on location. So cool. Now where is that old blockhead from them parts.....

It's funny I did the exact opposite thing last round. I'm a whole plant hanger and dry trimmer. Wet trimmed it last round and broke the racks back out. Back to dry trimming for me. I'm gonna bet it isn't gonna jive with ya. That is my professional opinion or at least what the cards and crystals told me from my last reading.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Never have shown pics of my main command center lol, the header house. Probably cause it's almost too small for pics, but here it is. I have a 4" in line fan and 5" muffin circulating air between the flower room and header house through both a carbon filter on the inline fan and a dust filter on the muffin fan return. I vent it to the floor of the flower room below the canopy, and for simplicity have the filter near the floor.. Doesnt matter as the room is so tiny anyway it gets awesome air exchange. Not much to it, but its efficient. It has to be as it's so cramped in here.

20190919 084152
20190919 084013
20190919 084055

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Dude they are def chugging with the big pot up pot. Gonna be a good pull for sure. Haven't even seen violator in a good min. I always love how the different genetic pockets pop up based on location. So cool. Now where is that old blockhead from them parts.....

It's funny I did the exact opposite thing last round. I'm a whole plant hanger and dry trimmer. Wet trimmed it last round and broke the racks back out. Back to dry trimming for me. I'm gonna bet it isn't gonna jive with ya. That is my professional opinion or at least what the cards and crystals told me from my last reading.

Any noticable difference in finished bud quality? Taste? Smell?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Any noticable difference in finished bud quality? Taste? Smell?

Yeah it takes a little longer on the cure it seems like. Also a lot more shake in the bags. My guess is dry trimming all of the shake will kind of flake off when trimming. Wet trimming it seems to come off in the bags. Honestly with the times on the screens before it went in bags its not any shorter on total time. Trimming was quicker wet but had to stay on the screens longer.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah it takes a little longer on the cure it seems like. Also a lot more shake in the bags. My guess is dry trimming all of the shake will kind of flake off when trimming. Wet trimming it seems to come off in the bags. Honestly with the times on the screens before it went in bags its not any shorter on total time. Trimming was quicker wet but had to stay on the screens longer.

Right on.. I might do a hybrid approach and wet trim on the stem and hang the branches. I've done that before and it wasnt too tedious. I just dread the though of trimming dry buds wrapped in sticky trim leaves..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Right on.. I might do a hybrid approach and wet trim on the stem and hang the branches. I've done that before and it wasnt too tedious. I just dread the though of trimming dry buds wrapped in sticky trim leaves..

If its dried properly the bud leaves pop right off with the tip of the scissors. I find dry trimming much cleaner and looking at the amount of keif and scissor hash i get compared to wet way less resin comes off the buds.

Everyone said it tasted better off the branch too. I agree. It added a couple days to the hang dry time for me.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah, I've been meaning to grab some screened trays one of these days. Who knows.. Its still 5 weeks away so I'll probably flip flop back and forth on how to do it a few times before making up my mind. Do you guys remove anything before hanging? My one buddy who dry trims removes every leaf that has a visible stem but he leaves everything else. Everyone else I know wet trims. Honestly it's probably born of the fact that most growers I know have large to extra large grows, and wet trimming is just faster with machines and a few fast trimmers cleaning up the tops. I've literally seen 3 girls process an entire 80 light 20x40' flower room with 200 plants in 3 x 8 hour days with one machine, one person stripping plants and running the machine and two chicks trimming. That's trimmed, racks hung and pots dumped, room clean. Crazy how fast trimmers get when that's all they do for work.

But the more I research it and think about it, I can see there being a good reason for dry trimming in terms of finished quality.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah, I've been meaning to grab some screened trays one of these days. Who knows.. Its still 5 weeks away so I'll probably flip flop back and forth on how to do it a few times before making up my mind. Do you guys remove anything before hanging? My one buddy who dry trims removes every leaf that has a visible stem but he leaves everything else. Everyone else I know wet trims. Honestly it's probably born of the fact that most growers I know have large to extra large grows, and wet trimming is just faster with machines and a few fast trimmers cleaning up the tops. I've literally seen 3 girls process an entire 80 light 20x40' flower room with 200 plants in 3 x 8 hour days with one machine, one person stripping plants and running the machine and two chicks trimming. That's trimmed, racks hung and pots dumped, room clean. Crazy how fast trimmers get when that's all they do for work.

But the more I research it and think about it, I can see there being a good reason for dry trimming in terms of finished quality.

Yeah we pull all fans and little leaves with stems. Big bud fans too but only if they easily pull out. We try not to touch the flowers. Then cut into hanging branches. Ours usually go 6-10 days before dry trim and jarring.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

I have kind of the same approach. Cut whole plant. Hang. Then I defol all the main leaves I can. So trimming it just really trimming up the buds. Goes pretty quick.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How does that do in the winter up where you are? Heater or are the lights enough?

In BC it rarely ever drops below freezing so it's not too difficult. Average winter temp is around 5-10 celcius. Lamps and dehumidifier keep it warm day and night.
Also because I built the shed to grow in it's got 2x6" exterior walls with R20, and interior/exterior sheeting and interior vapor barrier. Its built like a little house and holds indoor temp extremely well. But there is a heater in there if I ever need it, but the only time I ever use it is for drying pot in the winter.

Reason for going the shed route was I dont have the spare room in my house lol. And it means I can burn sulphur easily and I dont need to worry about home insurance issues that can arise from having a grow op in your house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom