This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You can tell by the cookies they are happy. Nice green stem growth again, you can see how much they've grown since I flushed.. All the green stem above the purple bit.

But man lol, this blueberry has some red stem that is clearly genetic. It's been red stemmed since it was a seedling. Going to make some interesting buds I think. I've often found plants with genetically red stems to be quite strong and tasty. I had a shishkaberry do this that was just amazing, and my old blueberry did it too. As did flo. Thinking I've got the real deal here.

20190421 114731
20190421 114724

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is another interesting trait I see on some plants, but notice they are very distinctive on berry flavoured strains usually. Its these bumps above the petiole where it joins the node, they look like little sacks of fluid but are actually hard. This isnt the best pic as they are more pronounced in early veg. But you can still see what I'm talking about.
20190421 115956

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Perfect plants!Wonderfull,so healthy and colorful!And I had the chance to use the emoticons:)
"this blueberry has some red stem that is clearly genetic."True,it doesn't look like issues :)
Thanks man. I dont know if I'd say they are perfect, but theyre doing much better and I appreciate the compliment!. And yeah the blue is growing like crazy... just sucking back the nutrients. Very vigorous growth so the red stems arent concerning. And as I said my previous blueberry and flo plants did this too. It's actually kinda nice to see lol.

chemistry

chemistry

You can tell by the cookies they are happy. Nice green stem growth again, you can see how much they've grown since I flushed.. All the green stem above the purple bit.

But man lol, this blueberry has some red stem that is clearly genetic. It's been red stemmed since it was a seedling. Going to make some interesting buds I think. I've often found plants with genetically red stems to be quite strong and tasty. I had a shishkaberry do this that was just amazing, and my old blueberry did it too. As did flo. Thinking I've got the real deal here.

View attachment 867028View attachment 867029

I have a White Label's Purple Bud, and it's like that, I held it back by feeding it to much Calmag when I first grew it. lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have a White Label's Purple Bud, and it's like that, I held it back by feeding it to much Calmag when I first grew it. lol

Lol that's one of the classic issues with blueberry. It's very sensitive to overfeeding but often just appears underfed naturally with the red stems and often strange leaf mutations.
I'm going to keep ppm around 700-750 tops for these ladies.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is what I mean. Shows up on a few leaves right from the seedling stage. in the bottom pic of these as seedlings you can see it in the plant top right clearly, as well as a bit on the bottom right and bottom left plants. I thought it was leafminers st first but it doesnt spread. It just appears with the new leaf and that's that.

20190421 162114

20190215 142849

20190421 161707
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is what I mean. Shows up on a few leaves right from the seedling stage. in the bottom pic of these as seedlings you can see it in the plant top right clearly, as well as a bit on the bottom right and bottom left plants. I thought it was leafminers st first but it doesnt spread. It just appears with the new leaf and that's that.

View attachment 867066
View attachment 867067

I see that a lot with nute sensitive plants. Also the purple striping but never all purple stems. That may be phosphorous trouble. Again, maybe sensitive to watering even.

All my best most potent plants had these attributes. Can be tough to dial in feed strength the first try.

I get excited when i see stripey purple stalks.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I see that a lot with nute sensitive plants. Also the purple striping but never all purple stems. That may be phosphorous trouble. Again, maybe sensitive to watering even.

All my best most potent plants had these attributes. Can be tough to dial in feed strength the first try.

I get excited when i see stripey purple stalks.

Yeah to be honest the more I think back, the pinstriping is more what I remember of blueberry, it's how this plant has been since very young. The stems on these plants went totally red when I had that issue of high runoff ppm and low ph. But all the newer growth still has mega purple pinstriping since correcting the issue. Like what you see in one of my pics above of the strange bulbous growth on the nodes
. The stems that turned all red stayed that way.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah to be honest the more I think back, the pinstriping is more what I remember of blueberry, it's how this plant has been since very young. The stems on these plants went totally red when I had that issue of high runoff ppm and low ph. But all the newer growth still has mega purple pinstriping since correcting the issue. Like what you see in one of my pics above of the strange bulbous growth on the nodes
. The stems that turned all red stayed that way.

Forgot to comment on the bumps. Some plants seem to make them. Plants that get strong branches. Dont you think they are like the knuckle that forms when we pinch and bend branches?

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Wow. Just caught up. Very Nice round there brother! This new one seems lightning tight as well. Love that blueberry! Might have to mail me some when it’s done. I f@cked up on feeding mine and they hermed on me.. pollinated my sweet c99 a bit tho and I’m loving the feminized beans. Test plant starting flower now.
Oh and if you feel like tossing some moneys to the wind. 4-315 w cmh s would kick ass in there for 1260 w.
Those parabolic hps units are nothing to scoff at tho that’s for sure!
Also I don’t know if I’m being a jackass here but as far as your auto water dreams and that.. is maxibloom out of the question? I’ve noticed it mixes clear (once it finally does dissolve) I ve been using it as a pk boost basically as of late, but then I flush the plants a bit and give em organics till the end. I am convinced that at a week of water only is still the bomb tho.

chemistry

chemistry

View attachment 867066
View attachment 867067

This is the first one I came across, not as bad as yours in between the viens, but it's still there.
100 7883

The leaves are good on the rest of the plant, and the leaves are as good as the come. I know it's a purple strain, but the leaf stems are dark purple with some obvious stem stripes.
100 7885

On the whole plant you can see the purple leaf stems, this is the way it seems to grow for me. Put into flower on the 14th of this month.
100 7884

I've tried high nuits, low nuits, now I'm just going to treat it like a regular indica and see how it goes.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Wow. Just caught up. Very Nice round there brother! This new one seems lightning tight as well. Love that blueberry! Might have to mail me some when it’s done. I f@cked up on feeding mine and they hermed on me.. pollinated my sweet c99 a bit tho and I’m loving the feminized beans. Test plant starting flower now.
Oh and if you feel like tossing some moneys to the wind. 4-315 w cmh s would kick ass in there for 1260 w.
Those parabolic hps units are nothing to scoff at tho that’s for sure!
Also I don’t know if I’m being a jackass here but as far as your auto water dreams and that.. is maxibloom out of the question? I’ve noticed it mixes clear (once it finally does dissolve) I ve been using it as a pk boost basically as of late, but then I flush the plants a bit and give em organics till the end. I am convinced that at a week of water only is still the bomb tho.
Maxigrow/bloom is great, I used it for a few years. Though I'll probably be giving the botanicare line a run next.

As for 315's I agree they would be awesome in here. But the cash to install isnt in the cards at the moment. Someday maybe...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Forgot to comment on the bumps. Some plants seem to make them. Plants that get strong branches. Dont you think they are like the knuckle that forms when we pinch and bend branches?

I hadn't thought of it honestly, I never really pinch or bend branches on purpose. But I think i have seen it on bent branches before now that you mention it.
Looks like a little sack of fluid.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well if it ain't always something... I'm getting a little concerned I could have spider mites at the moment based on some odd leaf spotting I'm seeing. I've been burning sulphur for 4 hrs per night for the past 3 days and plan to burn for a few more days. Also applied safers end-all, let off a konk 418 pyrethrin bomb and plan to spray botanigard next. after that rosemary oil and habanero spray lol. Pulling out all the stops to try and stop this in its tracks.

On a positive note it's not widespread, and I havent been able to find a single mite in hours of scoping. Also no webbing visible. So fingers crossed.

Its looking like a jungle in there...

20190428 225939

20190428 225924

Latest posts

Top Bottom