This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This doesnt sound at all like sticking with what is working. Lol

Wouldn't be the first time I've thrown caution (money) into the wind.. but if I can increase both the yield and ease of use, it might be worth the investment.

It's really just for the hot summer months. Last year I had to shut down for the summer and move everything outside. I'd rather not have to do that again. So an AC is happening regardless. At that point I may as well go co2 also since I have a tank already.

That said I would like to squeeze in one more crop before I do that if I can. We will see what these plants do over the next week...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I wouldn’t use floranova with an irrigation system. JMO🌈🌱🦆
I hear ya. I have done it before with a flooming pump in the res and naked end spaghetti tube with no emitters but it does get gunky regardless. I love it for mix and immediate hand watering though.

Any recommendations for a decent Nute? I'm hesitant to go back to GH 3 part. Though it has worked well in the past. Most nutrient companies these days just seem like they're all overpriced hype and require 10 bottles for a complete feed..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I hear ya. I have done it before with a flooming pump in the res and naked end spaghetti tube with no emitters but it does get gunky regardless. I love it for mix and immediate hand watering though.

Any recommendations for a decent Nute? I'm hesitant to go back to GH 3 part. Though it has worked well in the past. Most nutrient companies these days just seem like they're all overpriced hype and require 10 bottles for a complete feed..

Botanicare kind trio worked well for me and has seaweed extract included. Only really needed the base and grow bottles as the base is only cal nit.

Mixes clear.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

If your mixing and watering with the system you should be alright. But if your mixing late the night before and they don’t get fed till early morning or even after that I’m sure it is going to mess with your ph and when that shit starts growing it can be a mess.
I run new mellinium but theflavor is not good if you run it till the end. So I switch to pbp soil formula for the second half of flower. The base stays steady but the liquid karma bloomed all throughout the system.
Gg 3 part is good and will stay steady but then your stuck with subpar flavor imo. It’s a balance we have to figure out.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This looks like good chit, I'll probably give it a go. Thanks for the lead.

I would go back to it for the adjustability but i use the pure blend pro grow cause mrs. Mmg is comfortable simply pouring the single bottle stuff in the measuring shot glass.

Flavor was close between them. Maybe even cleaner with the kind. Where as the pbp seems to add more of an organic soil flavor.

I tested them side by side in my old 4x4 tent a few years ago. Also using only the veg or bloom ratios. Dropped the bloom on both after that.

I think tomatoes need the higher P but not cannabis. Maybe where the myth started?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sweet, I'll probably just grab the grow since I have about 30 pounds of soluble grade calcium nitrate at work, I'll just work out the ratio.

Though.. I do like the sounds of pbp grow giving it an organic soil flavour.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sweet, I'll probably just grab the grow since I have about 30 pounds of soluble grade calcium nitrate at work, I'll just work out the ratio.

Though.. I do like the sounds of pbp grow giving it an organic soil flavour.

Pure blend pro is brownish but not thick like flora nova. Mixes right in with just stirring.

It requires more and more frequent feeding than kind. Typical of organic or natural bottled nutes.

Phylex

Phylex

I'd like to know what you come up with for your automated feeding in soil. I haven't put much thought into it yet on some concoction I can make with things from Home Depot, but I need to start thinking if I can make something that can water my plants for 1-2 weeks automatically if needed. I'm guessing something along the lines of a sprinkler system and timer, but with a drip lines. It would be used for indoor/in tent applications. With summer approaching I may not be home as frequently on a regular basis to keep up with watering every three days so rather than scrapping the grows until winter, I'd like to see if theres options to keep it going.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd like to know what you come up with for your automated feeding in soil. I haven't put much thought into it yet on some concoction I can make with things from Home Depot, but I need to start thinking if I can make something that can water my plants for 1-2 weeks automatically if needed. I'm guessing something along the lines of a sprinkler system and timer, but with a drip lines. It would be used for indoor/in tent applications. With summer approaching I may not be home as frequently on a regular basis to keep up with watering every three days so rather than scrapping the grows until winter, I'd like to see if theres options to keep it going.

Oh I'll be sure to post about it lol... It could be a few months out though as it looks like my plants are recovering.

What I'll do is use 5/8" poly tubing to make a closed loop manifold around the room and run naked ended spaghetti tubing to each pot. I might try emitters again... I might not. They're a PITA.
I'll control it with one of my atlas controllers.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
i wouldn’t count on it. Max I would go after mixing the nutes is 2-3 days. Even a hydro system you have to top the water off and adjust ph as the plants feed.
I mix fresh nutrients everyday with my watering system and I would only mix for multiple days in an emergency.

Phylex

Phylex

i wouldn’t count on it. Max I would go after mixing the nutes is 2-3 days. Even a hydro system you have to top the water off and adjust ph as the plants feed.
I mix fresh nutrients everyday with my watering system and I would only mix for multiple days in an emergency.
It would only be used as a back up, emergency type system. Therefore it would be water only. If I ended up being gone a week or two, they would only get water. It’s not ideal, but at least they wouldn’t die and I can keep growing. I can feed them as soon as I get home. This is in theory of course. It may not work at all. But if I want to keep the growing going, it may be my only option. I do a lot of last minute travel during the summer and fall.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well it looks like they're bouncing back quickly so this round is back on. Now I just need to figure out how to best organize it, place is a fooking mess right now.

I have 16 plants in there with 5 big blueberries and 11 smaller bubba and cookies. I think I'll need to bring in the 4th bench and some pot risers to sort this out.
20190416 211214

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Game on. Plants are bouncing back hard. Nice green stems again and lush green growth. A few more days and some trying/pruning and then I'll flip. I really cant wait to see how this pure blueberry comes out. Its definitely looking a lot like the blueberry I grew about 15 years ago. I'm pretty hopeful.

Blueberry
20190420 142924

Garden shot
20190420 142852

Space cookies
20190420 142934

20190420 142852
Last edited:
Top Bottom