This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Evening farmers. Thought I'd give you all a glimpse Into dirtbags garden!
This is a licensed medical grow, 9 plants in flower. 4 platinum cookies and 5 Pre-98 Bubba.

Right now they're under 2x 1000w eye hortilux lamps semi (but not quite) stadium style, temps 22-26c, 40-50% humidity. 8x8' canopy.

Growing in 7 gallon pots of proterra peat/perlite mix amended with half a cup of gaia green 4-4-4 and a cup of worm castings each. Feeding is floranova grow/bloom and massive bloom for a total of 1.6ec, 6.2-6.3ph, on a feed-feed-water cycle.. But I'm going to run the grow formula and massive for the rest of the run and cut out floranova bloom. Just to see what happens.

I'll update as things progress.. just rounded the corner on week 3. And they're starting to pick up a little frost already which is nice to see. The burnt pistil tips are from my sulphur burner... I send them off into week 3 with a good burn.

View attachment 858717View attachment 858718View attachment 858719View attachment 858720View attachment 858721View attachment 858722
Sweet setup brother

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Green cleaner mate, it will wipe out the mites.
Rotate with azamax, 3/3, 3sprays 3 days apart. 9 total days, repeat 9days later, 3x.
It will eliminate the issue.
Clean and or change all filters.
Wipe room down with azamax solution 10-1 dilutions.
Sulfur will damage the lights. Corrodes the circuit contacts.
Important to clean everything out after sulfur burn.
Defoliate and extend veg another 2 weeks to recover.
Add silica to watering up til flower flip. Helps recover

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Green cleaner mate, it will wipe out the mites.
Rotate with azamax, 3/3, 3sprays 3 days apart. 9 total days, repeat 9days later, 3x.
It will eliminate the issue.
Clean and or change all filters.
Wipe room down with azamax solution 10-1 dilutions.
Sulfur will damage the lights. Corrodes the circuit contacts.
Important to clean everything out after sulfur burn.
Defoliate and extend veg another 2 weeks to recover.
Add silica to watering up til flower flip. Helps recover

Appreciate the tips, I'm in Canada though and cant get azamax or green cleaner. Closest thing I can get is neem oil but its incompatible with all the sulphur I've been burning. I'll look into the AI of green cleaner and see if I can replicate it though.

Also wish I had got this advice earlier, I actually flipped the day before I noticed the spots because the room is getting crowded, so I'm doing what i can in the stretch window. Not ideal but I'm not sure how they would take to going back under 18/6 now that it's been in flower for 3 days. Any advice in that regard? Would you revert to veg after 3 days of 12/12?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Appreciate the tips, I'm in Canada though and cant get azamax or green cleaner. Closest thing I can get is neem oil but its incompatible with all the sulphur I've been burning. I'll look into the AI of green cleaner and see if I can replicate it though.
Crap, hmm, anything with spearmint oil is good as well.
Neem based is not recommended when sulfur is used.
Lemme know what you can find in Canada bro. Got a few growers in the same boat as you up north!!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Crap, hmm, anything with spearmint oil is good as well.
Neem based is not recommended when sulfur is used.
Lemme know what you can find in Canada bro. Got a few growers in the same boat as you up north!!

Selection is super limited. Insecticidal soaps and pyrethrin products, that's about it. I have botanigard wp, it's not listed for mites but botanigard maxx is because it has pyrethrin in it, and apparently the two somehow work synergistically.. so I plan to spray botanigard and let off the Konk bomb at the same time to try and replicate the action of BG Maxx.. lol

chemistry

chemistry

I hate mites, had them last year along with stubborn Thrips, think I have the odd Thrip left, but no mites.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So... Maybe it's not spider mites. Getting new signs here, and now I'm thinking its potentially rust. cool cool cool....
20190429 125840
20190429 125824

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Whew! Thought you had mites too when i saw the first pics.

Is that an upper newer leaf or older? Looks like mag the way its forming but if newer leaves calcium.

Thoughts?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Whew! Thought you had mites too when i saw the first pics.

Is that an upper newer leaf or older? Looks like mag the way its forming but if newer leaves calcium.

Thoughts?

It's mainly on the older leaves, new growth looks fine. You're thinking mag hey? As in deficiency? I suppose it's possible. I normally see mag def show up as interveinal chlorosis but I trust your opinion... I did have to flush these things not long ago and I know that can mess around with the CEC.

I was thinking it looks like rust disease.

Not sure the best move from here... I think a defoliation of affected leaves is the first place to start.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

See the twisting leaves next to the rusting ones? Why did you leach? And what did you add back?

Sensitive to nutes plant maybe? I see this happen if i fertilize a sensitive plant too early in soil like ocean forest.

It also happens if i dont add enough perlite. I guess for me it was simply too much clogging the roots.

Leaching with water only and giving them a week cleared it up.

Continuing feeding had it start climbing amd devastating fan leaves.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
See the twisting leaves next to the rusting ones? Why did you leach? And what did you add back?

Sensitive to nutes plant maybe? I see this happen if i fertilize a sensitive plant too early in soil like ocean forest.

It also happens if i dont add enough perlite. I guess for me it was simply too much clogging the roots.

Leaching with water only and giving them a week cleared it up.

Continuing feeding had it start climbing amd devastating fan leaves.

That twisted/cupped leaf is somewhat common on new growth with this strain for some reason. And I havent had any issues with nute sensitivity with the cookies or bubba really, both handle up to 1.6ec no problem.

I leached the soil a couple weeks back because my stems were hardening and going red, and runoff was coming out at almost 5ec and high 4's for ph. New experimental soil and it was extremely hot and salty... I flushed with 200ppm water and recharged with a dose of nutrients at 1.2ec, 6.3ph.

Next feed is a water only feed so maybe that will help and give me an idea of where the runoff is at.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That twisted/cupped leaf is somewhat common on new growth with this strain for some reason. And I havent had any issues with nute sensitivity with the cookies or bubba really, both handle up to 1.6ec no problem.

I leached the soil a couple weeks back because my stems were hardening and going red, and runoff was coming out at almost 5ec and high 4's for ph. New experimental soil and it was extremely hot and salty... I flushed with 200ppm water and recharged with a dose of nutrients at 1.2ec, 6.3ph.

Next feed is a water only feed so maybe that will help and give me an idea of where the runoff is at.

Cool. Those were just thoughts that came to mind.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Cool. Those were just thoughts that came to mind.

I appreciate it man, thanks for the feedback. There is you, and a few other growers on here I certainly value opinions from. It's taking a little while but I'm figuring out who to trust around here lol..
I hadn't considered mg or feeding as a cause and had kinda forgotten about the flush. They've seemed to be growing pretty well the past couple weeks. I'll pull the damaged leaves off so I can better gauge the progression, and give them a watering of 150ppm water from RO with some well water mixed in with lots of runoff. See how that do.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I appreciate it man, thanks for the feedback. There is you, and a few other growers on here I certainly value opinions from. It's taking a little while but I'm figuring out who to trust around here lol..
I hadn't considered mg or feeding as a cause and had kinda forgotten about the flush. They've seemed to be growing pretty well the past couple weeks. I'll pull the damaged leaves off so I can better gauge the progression, and give them a watering of 150ppm water from RO with some well water mixed in with lots of runoff. See how that do.

Thanks I appreciate that. I am pretty hesitant to offer advice to much more experienced growers like you.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I’m having similar issues with one of my cookie crosses. I think it’s just a bitchass of a pheno tho cause the others are fine. I’ve tried pretty much everything so I’m going with @Trustfall s advice at this point

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks I appreciate that. I am pretty hesitant to offer advice to much more experienced growers like you.

Meh, I checked my ego at the door years ago bro. I may have a fair bit of experience, but I'm a full fledged stoner and forget a lot of shit too. Ive also got two nearly full time jobs in management roles besides this so sometimes it's hard to stay on top of maintaining my knowledge.. The only way to stay on the cutting edge is to actually listen to other people you trust when you start asking questions.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Wow! You guys are great. My advice is the shit will buff out itself. :D

Did I miss your advice earlier? Wasnt trying to shout over anyone.

I saw your comment on flora nova and drippers. I dont actually know what dirtbag ended up using. And I have no experience with them.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Did I miss your advice earlier? Wasnt trying to shout over anyone.

I saw your comment on flora nova and drippers. I dont actually know what dirtbag ended up using. And I have no experience with them.
No, I was just impressed how you guys were attacking that rust problem. I would just let it buff out. I keep a lot of old plants so I see this kind of thing all the time.:smoking: Puff puff pass

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I’m having similar issues with one of my cookie crosses. I think it’s just a bitchass of a pheno tho cause the others are fine. I’ve tried pretty much everything so I’m going with @Trustfall s advice at this point
Sometimes shit just happens, if it’s spreading through the garden rapidly then it might need to be addressed.

Top Bottom