This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Erick31876

Erick31876

Getting close now. Funny I kept up with the feeding into week 8, I'm usually into flush by now, and the plants are scenescing on their own. I'm thinking straight water for one more week and chop. I'm all cloudy trichs right now but I expect I'll start seeing a few amber shortly.

View attachment 862557 View attachment 862558
They look frosty as f!@k!. Great job and love your set up. How do you like them reflectors. I got several of them from an online auction of a hydroponic lettuce farm that went out of business, I haven't used any of them yet bit they are a lot bigger than the ones I'm using now so I'm thinking about giving them a try

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They look frosty as f!@k!. Great job and love your set up. How do you like them reflectors. I got several of them from an online auction of a hydroponic lettuce farm that went out of business, I haven't used any of them yet bit they are a lot bigger than the ones I'm using now so I'm thinking about giving them a try

Thanks, I really like these parabolic reflectors. They cast a large footprint and dont give off hotspots really. Not to mention theyre cheap as borscht.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Thanks for the reply... I think I'm going to give them a try my next run. I'm setting up my shed as a flower room which is about 10x10. I got about 6 or 8 if them with ballasts and bulbs used for like 100$ . I can't wait to get it all set up.

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

Starting to take on some nice colours. A few more days then its time to get to work I think. Seems like the massive has caused these to finish a bit ahead of schedule by a few days, the bubba has almost stopped drinking and is starting to look hella frosty. Cookies is looking nice too. Just gave them a straight water feeding, and I'll let them ride for a few more days.

Its wild, as soon as I swapped out the HPS lamps for MH, Bubbas leaves went almost black overnight and they sugared up like crazy.

View attachment 863201View attachment 863202 View attachment 863203
She looks beautiful, :D kudos for switching bulbs not a lot of people switch to MH to get that extra trichome production from the uv the MH gives off.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Stick a fork in it. Tomorrow is going to be a long busy day for Ol'Dirtbag, I'm taking these ladies down at day 62. They're done... Havent taken up hardly any water this past week whatsoever.

The Space cookies (I originally thought they were platinum, but after talking to the guy I got them from we think he actually gave me space cookies...) anyway, they are just monsters. For scale those are 7 gallon pots they're in. Not bad for only 2 weeks veg under HID, and a 4 week preveg before that under T5's. Each one looks like a half pound plant. Always hard to say though until they hit the scale. But it is a very dense plant, half pounds look like QP's.
And Bubba... lol, she is CAKED in resin and smells just lovely but looks like a midget beside the space cookies.

Not gonna lie, I had some slight issues with overfeeding and playing with new nutrients etc.. I've seen these plants do better. But overall I'm quite happy with the grow this cycle.

Some post-harvest pics coming tomorrow.

20190329 224638
20190329 224427
20190329 224440
20190329 224543

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nice work Dirtbag, looks like a great harvest. What temperature/ technique did you use to bring out all that amazing color?

Thanks man, Bubba always gets pretty colorful with reds and purples even if I do nothing. This round I swapped HPS lamps out for MH the last week and I dropped the average lights on temp by 2 degrees celcius and the lights off temp I dropped by 5 celcius.

But like I said bubba does it anyway. And the cookies shows no colours really, just always goes from green to yellow. Totally strain dependant.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Did I mention I dislike trimming?
Ugh.... Managed to convince the wife to help. With any luck we will do this all in one day. About halfway through it right now. Drying rack is certainly fuller and heavier than usual. I think the massive really packed on some size and weight.

20190330 105527
20190330 183841
20190330 183900

Top Bottom