• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foxlink

Foxlink

Day 10: (yay!)
Photo on 10 12 16 at 506 PM
Photo on 10 12 16 at 512 PM 2
Photo on 10 12 16 at 512 PM

new veins and good colour on all 3! plus it was moving day for one set of the dill lol:
Photo on 10 12 16 at 513 PM

Foxlink

Foxlink

Nice mix of bulbs, just saw they we're 2 footers. An oscillating fan helped me strengthen up my stems to help keep em upright. Something to consider if you haven't already. Nice looking gals though. Wish mine started off that nice lol
incognito, why do you feel that my girls started better than yours? I am curious because like I said, I have been a gardener for almost 30 years now but this is a new plant for embarkment. i.e.: color, age, size leaf etc…

thanks for following my travels :)
-Fox

incogneato

incogneato

incognito, why do you feel that my girls started better than yours? I am curious because like I said, I have been a gardener for almost 30 years now but this is a new plant for embarkment. i.e.: color, age, size leaf etc…

thanks for following my travels :)
-Fox
I think I was over eager to grow after reading about it for over a year. I haven't done a ton of gardening so not much of a green thumb yet lol. I made a few rookie mistakes and had a bunch of seeds fail to germ from fungus, poor moisture management. Didnt put my first few seedlings in seedling mix so they got nute burn from the gate even with water only.....at least I know what I did wrong and I'm learning from each mistake.

Foxlink

Foxlink

I think I was over eager to grow after reading about it for over a year. I haven't done a ton of gardening so not much of a green thumb yet lol. I made a few rookie mistakes and had a bunch of seeds fail to germ from fungus, poor moisture management. Didnt put my first few seedlings in seedling mix so they got nute burn from the gate even with water only.....at least I know what I did wrong and I'm learning from each mistake.

It's always a learning experience even for known growers. Like I said before, new plants, new embarkment for myself. Biggest mistakes can happen from losing 1 to a whole crop. For example- my last shot at veggies was radishes and it was a complete flop. So I went to dill, tomato, basil, sage and cilantro(the cilantro didn't like to be moved after germination and I lost just those) just to go back the basics. Most best is to remember or write things that I do right and what didn't.

Foxlink

Foxlink

The last tomato plant I grew, she was massive; almost a good 12' tall. Mind you I accidentally burned her before she flowered. That was when I just started learning the hydroponics.

-Fox

Ecompost

Ecompost

I'm not as young buck (unless 37 years old is such) lol… I've just never heard it brick weed lmao
they called it cause it came in a block, like a house brick. It was usually low grade, well it would have been good, but farmed on a massive scale with very little management, so plants male and female all in the same block of weed, then compressed really hard to smuggle it easier.
Often the weed was covered in mold spores, the smell most people recall is actually various molds developing on the blocks since they usually got packed before it was dry enough, and the seeds got popped leaking fluids etc.
it really was awful in most cases, but it was what people had. There were very few people growing seedless weed, known commonly as Sensi (sensimilla). If you got access to sensi, you really knew people.
What we can say, it is highly likely the strains we pay top dollar for today, originated from brickweed, monkey bedding, whatever people want to call it. Its much harder nowadays, but in the past it was possible to get a good quality seed from a landrace strain and i guess nowadays we dont get that so much. This is a little sad but it is a fact most landrace fields have already be cross pollinated with dutch seeds from wankers like Arjan who probably gave the locals his shit skunk, so he could access their real world genes they had. now he has what he wants, they have lost theirs original strains. Funny thing is, the guy takes no ownership for his role in the destruction of original genes.
but then he is the self proclaimed king of cannabis

incogneato

incogneato

they called it cause it came in a block, like a house brick. It was usually low grade, well it would have been good, but farmed on a massive scale with very little management, so plants male and female all in the same block of weed, then compressed really hard to smuggle it easier.
Often the weed was covered in mold spores, the smell most people recall is actually various molds developing on the blocks since they usually got packed before it was dry enough, and the seeds got popped leaking fluids etc.
it really was awful in most cases, but it was what people had. There were very few people growing seedless weed, known commonly as Sensi (sensimilla). If you got access to sensi, you really knew people.
What we can say, it is highly likely the strains we pay top dollar for today, originated from brickweed, monkey bedding, whatever people want to call it. Its much harder nowadays, but in the past it was possible to get a good quality seed from a landrace strain and i guess nowadays we dont get that so much. This is a little sad but it is a fact most landrace fields have already be cross pollinated with dutch seeds from wankers like Arjan who probably gave the locals his shit skunk, so he could access their real world genes they had. now he has what he wants, they have lost theirs original strains. Funny thing is, the guy takes no ownership for his role in the destruction of original genes.
Dropping knowledge!

incogneato

incogneato

It's always a learning experience even for known growers. Like I said before, new plants, new embarkment for myself. Biggest mistakes can happen from losing 1 to a whole crop. For example- my last shot at veggies was radishes and it was a complete flop. So I went to dill, tomato, basil, sage and cilantro(the cilantro didn't like to be moved after germination and I lost just those) just to go back the basics. Most best is to remember or write things that I do right and what didn't.
I have a basil going now and started cilantro clones a few days ago. Have no idea how to grow cilantro, gonna have to look it up lol.

Foxlink

Foxlink

I have a basil going now and started cilantro clones a few days ago. Have no idea how to grow cilantro, gonna have to look it up lol.

Cilantro can be picky- it doesn't like to transplant at all; so when you plant it, make sure that it's in a pot can hold the growth. On that note (regarding growth) it is from the parsley family, so once it roots it can be a hardy plant.

-Fox

Foxlink

Foxlink

Awesome info! :) always love to hear from someone 'outta blue' lol =^_^=
-Fox

incogneato

incogneato

Cilantro can be picky- it doesn't like to transplant at all; so when you plant it, make sure that it's in a pot can hold the growth. On that note (regarding growth) it is from the parsley family, so once it roots it can be a hardy plant.

-Fox
Ok, thanks. I've grown parsley so that's good to know

Top Bottom