Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Thought that was the case with those lights being passively cooled and with such footprint.

I'm building my own light in a while and puting up a DIY thread with step by step. Still looking for a source for heatsinks that don't cost a leg and a kidney.

Thanks everyone for clearing things up!

++++Vibes

get aluminum c-channel...
ALUM C CHANNEL ARCH 063 3000

flat side down... bolt em together sideways... this is small scale in a fishtank... same thing.

P3060353

Toaster79

Toaster79

get aluminum c-channel...
View attachment 500839

flat side down... bolt em together sideways... this is small scale in a fishtank... same thing.

View attachment 500841

Thanks for advice but I'm not taking any shortcuts when it comes to cooling 300W worth of LED power. Those channels have way too little surface do deal with the heat even with fans at full blast. Looking for ribs 8"x8"x2". Eaxh would need to dissipate 75W so even if a fan fails the emmiters won't suffer instat damage.

++++Vibes

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Sea I'm truly glad to have u here bro. Thanks for joining the thread. Is that ur own diy? Looks like it could be a veg beast!

none are mine. I've looked extensively into leds and am waiting on the quality ones to come down per led... cheap chinese "10w diodes" are usually 4 2.5w diodes on one chip... not the same animal... then I'd want about 5-7 different nm "colors" plus some high power white ones to save my eyes... which are all different sku's with different prices... plus I need penetration power of the led's a bit higher than current for my tastes...

I will do at some point though.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'm looking at Cree's XM-L2s with 3000K, 4000K and 5000K CCT, all high CRI. Those LEDs on your unit are either really old or they aren't Cree's. Atleast I don't remember Cree using this type of package and I'm using them now for almost 10 years starting with 7090 package and later XR, XP, XT and XM packages and CXA series.

Last edited:
SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

you could be right... its possible those are luxion which with cree are the only 2 companies making decent diodes last I looked.

run those images through tineye.com and it'll tell you the original page I found em on... there's a whole build.

Last edited:
farmguy087

farmguy087

I just got done growing some 'Rough Neck' - mostly sativa, Jamaican lambsbread x Purple Rhion IBL, purple tints with high thc content.

Stuff is super strong and nice fat dense buds, good meds!

Nice. Would love to have the bread with a touch more thc and yield. Its def a conossiour strain that I do in small batches for certain patients.

J

jinxjj

Nice. Would love to have the bread with a touch more thc and yield. Its def a conossiour strain that I do in small batches for certain patients.
I think this one is a keeper for me currently. They can take alot of abuse and still produce good strong bud. Everyone i have let sample it had nothing but good reports :) I will post some pics up later of the current ones in flower that should be done around june.

Just need to figure out which ones is the best and keep that one around, right now i have probably 10 different beans from the same strain so trying to find the best keeper.

Pimp T

Pimp T

yo what's up brothers just stoppin in to get a quick round of opinions if you guyz don't mind. What do yall think about using dehumidifier water? Its at 4ppm and tastes fine I'm 98% sure its fine just makin sure

Tnelz

Tnelz

yo what's up brothers just stoppin in to get a quick round of opinions if you guyz don't mind. What do yall think about using dehumidifier water? Its at 4ppm and tastes fine I'm 98% sure its fine just makin sure
I've seen the question asked before. But don't remember the answer. I can't see or come up with a reason it wouldn't be OK. Truly not sure though.

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

Lol @Pimp T ,I wouldve fed my plants that water way before I tasted it lol. My health>fried plants, well unless you're doin your whole crop with it lol

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Lol @Pimp T ,I wouldve fed my plants that water way before I tasted it lol. My health>fried plants, well unless you're doin your whole crop with it lol
hahahaha...i was deff thinking the same thing but i didn't want to say anything...when im not sure about something the last thing i do is stick it in my mouth but hey thats just me...lol..im just messing @Pimp T , nothing but love man...no homo

Latest posts

Top Bottom