Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

it is the coot mix but I'm cheap and BAS is stupid spendy so I bought it all locally at a agricultural store and got a cubic yard for around $250. I'm definitely not a fan girl tho. LOL

I show people how to do the kits themselves. I'm not putting money in those guys marketing scheme. It's like an organic hydro store.

It's a 9 gallon mortar mixing pan on a harbor freight furniture dolly. There's pumice in there to the top and water about 1/3 full. To start them when you first put them on there, fill water to the top and it will wick up. Perlite works the best but you do get harmless algae. They're amazing for small plants. These though just don't act like the smaller plants so I top water now and they catch the small amount of run off. There's humidity too you have to account for but bottom watering with a thick straw mulch really kicked my gnat problem. First time in over a year I've had no gnats. the straw really helps retain moisture and it feeds the worms in there. I noticed a big difference.

View attachment 552588
It's a raptor dual bulb hood with a 1000k each hps mh.
View attachment 552585
Was just talking to power og the other day about a couple of these hoods in a new room I may or may not be opening. I love them. Thinking I've 2 35 gallon totes 3 plants in each under each one of these. Just in the discussion stage right now though. Looking good girl!

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Good both of them qb's need to retire I'm tired of hearing about them lol I was watching walking dead. Who-dey!

Hey guys picture of the month voting starts tomorrow! Put your pics in I wanna see them beautiful bitches! Seen some wicked pics in there already. Good news with my pic in there too!

Tnelz

Tnelz

Good both of them qb's need to retire I'm tired of hearing about them lol I was watching walking dead. Who-dey!

Hey guys picture of the month voting starts tomorrow! Put your pics in I wanna see them beautiful bitches! Seen some wicked pics in there already. Good news with my pic in there too!
Brady retire? He is still the best qb on earth. But it looks like we just blew it. Lol

Tnelz

Tnelz

@Tnelz

What dose do you use the microbe lift at??

and just to be sure, this is the one, right?

Yes that's it. I use 8 to 15 drops per gallon. Get the paint strainer bags as well bro. It's actually comical to watch the fuckers get frustrated. They ultimately just say fuck it and kamakazi into a sticky card. Lol. But the microbe lift is the most effective thing I've used with gnatrol being close if not equal.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Neem be it spraying or using meal in ur mix top dressing de both have some effectiveness as well. They are truly a pain in the ass pest. If u really get tired of them throw a no pest strip in ur room for 24 hours and turn ur fans off. The adults will all be dead after that. Some people hate them some don't. I understand the risk and no longer leave them in full time but if things start acting up I'll throw a couple in. But the other things suggested will take care of things.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I just went into my room and one of my ballasts quit. But it's running. Can anyone help me here. It's def on and it was working an hour ago but it isn't lighting my bulb. I put a brand new bulb in and that didn't work either. Couple choices I can put a 600 watt led in there or a 400 watt hps but the plant is to big for either. It's a mag ballast by the way. How do I know what's wrong? I can def get another ballast by Friday but what should I do till then. Any help would be great.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Car chases, uninsterested police... sounds a bit like a Dukes of Hazzards episode. Was the detective's name Rosco Coltrane by any chance? :) Sorry to hear about the break in, hopefully the insurance company comes through for you (provided is not owned by Boss Hogg).
If there's not good publicity or money in it , they don't give a flying fook.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I think for sure these fungus gnats would be much easier to deal with if I were using regular plastic potting pots or even smart pots. Since I am using airpots these lil fuckers don't necessarily need to use the top layer of soil, they can enter anywhere on the pot that they would like to. It makes for ridding myself from them damn near impossible!!

Neem be it spraying or using meal in ur mix top dressing de both have some effectiveness as well. They are truly a pain in the ass pest. If u really get tired of them throw a no pest strip in ur room for 24 hours and turn ur fans off. The adults will all be dead after that. Some people hate them some don't. I understand the risk and no longer leave them in full time but if things start acting up I'll throw a couple in. But the other things suggested will take care of things.

I cannot say it enough... these fellas love to eat em... along with just about everything else... simple fix.
I dont even consider gnats a pest. theyre just food... and I barely see one or two a week

I just went into my room and one of my ballasts quit. But it's running. Can anyone help me here. It's def on and it was working an hour ago but it isn't lighting my bulb. I put a brand new bulb in and that didn't work either. Couple choices I can put a 600 watt led in there or a 400 watt hps but the plant is to big for either. It's a mag ballast by the way. How do I know what's wrong? I can def get another ballast by Friday but what should I do till then. Any help would be great.

If you're using the old kind.... not sure which book is best but they all are very similar...

View attachment ballasts advance_2003a.pdf View attachment HID_Pocket_Guide.pdf View attachment HIDLampServiceGuide.pdf
Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Have u check the fuse ? There would be one inside somewhere if there was a power surge it might have blown it .Or a resistor if it went over 10 amps ?

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

a no pest strip?? whats that?

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I cannot say it enough... these fellas love to eat em... along with just about everything else... simple fix.
I dont even consider gnats a pest. theyre just food... and I barely see one or two a week

These things prolly work great! The problem is I'm just not a big fan of bugs in general. I wouldn't be okay if every time I had to water each plant I had to run the risk of lil beetles running over my hands just bc I am handling the pot. It's also why I never went the ladybug or praying mantis way. I know I sound like a little girl, and to be honest most lil girls aren't as bothered as me, but it is what it is... I think the goal for me is to not have any bugs big enough for me to see....im cool with all the micro organisms and stuff but nothing bigger.thanks for the info thou

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

and one more thing @Tnelz

not that im questioning your methods but you found good success with microbe lift bmc even thou its ment for standing water? I just mean, you remember I run soil right?

shemshemet

shemshemet

@Lazerus00 consider what seaf0ur said about the beetles. I've got plenty of rove beetles and plenty of white springtails. I consider them wecome just like my worms!

But to answer your question about microbe lift. The reason it says for standing water is that it works on mosquitoes and similar species (including fungus gnats). Mosquitos breed in standing water and microbe lift stops them in their larval stage.

Fungus gnats do no need standing water to breed. But microbe lift still works on them

Edit: makes me think if bti is designed to work in standing water, you ought to keep your pots pretty wet after application

Tnelz

Tnelz

and one more thing @Tnelz

not that im questioning your methods but you found good success with microbe lift bmc even thou its ment for standing water? I just mean, you remember I run soil right?
I run soil pal. It's the same active ingredient as gnatrol brother.

Tnelz

Tnelz

These things prolly work great! The problem is I'm just not a big fan of bugs in general. I wouldn't be okay if every time I had to water each plant I had to run the risk of lil beetles running over my hands just bc I am handling the pot. It's also why I never went the ladybug or praying mantis way. I know I sound like a little girl, and to be honest most lil girls aren't as bothered as me, but it is what it is... I think the goal for me is to not have any bugs big enough for me to see....im cool with all the micro organisms and stuff but nothing bigger.thanks for the info thou
I love @SeaF0ur suggestion but if one of the things touched me I'd fucking scream like a bitch.lol. No rove beetles for me.

Top Bottom