Tobacco Mosaic Virus

• Thread starter 1.6perlight
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
silverhaze

silverhaze

Getting the plant tested is the only way to know for certain. Excellent idea. What lab did you use? I want to know myself. It might not be TMV. If Fusarium Solani produces the same symptoms, then the two can easily be misidentified. It is easy to identify the presence of a virus, but it is a complex, expensive procedure for a lab to specifically identify what virus. Does this lab list what it tests for?

PM me and I'll be happy to share the lab info.

SH

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Hey "outwest", nothing ill looking about that plant :)

Thanks, incog. I try to keep my whole garden looking that way. Running 9 strains right now, and 8 of them look that healthy. The 9th was given to me in coco/hydroton, and I tried to throw my organic regimen at it with out much thought. Plant has a couple of weeks left and you'd have to look for a good minute to find anything green on her. Smells great and has some frosty little nuggets, but it looks the opposite of the plant above. Maybe she has TMV? :eek:

outwest

incognito

incognito

Your lady looks healthy to me. That TMV stuff also discolors your leaves badly. You can also visually identify some stunting, yellowing. Your disfigured leaf may be caused by genetics? But that is a guess.

incognito

incognito

I read over Steep Hill Lab's website and didn't see anything about viral testing. There microbial testing appears to be limited to molds. I sent an email requesting further information. In retrospect, I would have gladly spent a Benjamin to find out for certain what went wrong with my King Louie XIII OG. With such a likely potential for loosing your cash, a lab may offer a solution to overt disaster. Kudos to silverhaze for the lab testing solution.

1.6perlight

N
Hey 1.6,

Sorry to hear of your problems. I have been through it too and for some time now. I thought my problems were also TMV and my symptoms were exactly as you described. I had my plants tested and was expecting the tobacco virus to come back as the problem. In fact, it was not. My plants were infected with Fusarium Solani. Did you have your plants tested in a lab? If not what makes you sure you have TMV?

I wish you luck man, these diseases are the worst. Also, Boylobster is dealing with something like this too, you may want to look him up, he's a cool dude.
Nah haven't tested them...just got hit with the effects over all the spots, came in through a clone and like any virus, spread on contact, had some gnats that spread within two weeks...didn't have it tested but my dear friends job was to purposely infect tomatoe strains to develop a super resilient seed...brought to her and led me to several university websites...she felt that's what it was...in talking to clone nurseries they agree...we going to test with the strips but read that they usually are inconclusive. Whatever it is it is gnarly and aspirin and RNA are the only thing I have found helps...

1.6perlight

TMV is pretty much a cannabis myth. It would ravage your crops. You would know if you had it. That is not TMV on any of the plants shown

Much respect but I strongly disagree...go to RNA pro website look at the pics, and finally run with RNApro and u will see that it finishes.

May you never encounter this gnarly virus....

CageyBee

CageyBee

Much respect but I strongly disagree...go to RNA pro website look at the pics, and finally run with RNApro and u will see that it finishes.

May you never encounter this gnarly virus....

Its this mis info that is leading people down the wrong road. People are trashing entire grows from this mythical virus that is all over the place. Too bad if you ask me

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Its this mis info that is leading people down the wrong road. People are trashing entire grows from this mythical virus that is all over the place. Too bad if you ask me
the pics i showed are a over feeding issue....i am positive ;)..ive done my research

pugliese63

pugliese63

I have to agree. Several years ago I had similar issues. Especially in the new growth on the tips. Burnt and distorted leaves. Had no clue what it was. Tried everything nutrient related, flushing, lower nutes etc. Finally trashed everything. This past October the same thing started happening. Devastating to say the least. Lost an entire 8K grow. After much research it turns out that I had Broad Mites. Their saliva is toxic to plants and causes horrible damage. The plants I kept were sprayed heavily with pyrethrum, canola oil, and insect soap every three days for a total of 4 treatments. Its especially important to get into the leaf tips where they live. This knocked them back substantially and gave the plants time to recover somewhat. It was amazing to see them actually green up and start new growth. All plants in veg got a final spray of Forbid 4F. Broad mites are also very heat sensitive. I raised my flower room temp to 120 F by turning off the AC and putting a Kerosene heater in for about two hours. Two days later everything was beginning to be healthy and lush.

I've seen this many times online recently and its a real problem. A lot people are chasing their tails thinking they have nutrient issues or disease. I encourage everyone to read up on broad mites and get acquainted with them. Its more common than most think.

Here's a link demonstrating a misdiagnosis. If your plants are showing this type damage you have broad mites.

Everything I had looked like this. Within ten days of treatment everything was back lush.

Not to say TMV doesn't exist but I firmly believe its not as common as thought to be.

Hope this is of help to those who might be having issues.

incognito

incognito

RNA Pro's website is amateurish at best. That throws up a big red flag. If their product was genuinely great, then it would sell enough to afford a professional looking website. CageyBee has given this thread more testimony to RNA Pro's effectiveness than can be found on their website. You would see RNA Pro in your local store if it were the true cure-all, as the site claims. Has anyone else on "The Farm" used RNA Pro? Can we get someone to "second the motion" for RNA Pro?

Boingo420

Boingo420

I've been growing for over 20 years and I have never seen anything like this. There was nothing I did different and my plants were just like becoming all weak and sad. I went down to my local hydro store, to find out if they had any advise on what could be going wrong with my plants. They told me they have some samples of a new product called RNA -Pro. They said to just add it to my water each time I water and I should see a noticeable difference in a few days. I was a little hesitant at first. did a little research on the net and found a few different threads about it. Most seemed to be positive. So I gave it a try, and to my amazement it worked fantastic and my plants haven't looked this good in a long time. The treatment is a little expensive but well worth the money when you see what it does for your plants. of everything I've Tried the only thing that worked is RNA Pro. Now I use it every time I water and my plants look better than ever. If your a serious grower and care about your plants RNA Pro is worth checking out. their website is (http://www.hempmosaicvirus.com). Yes I did notice like the other person said the website isn't very professional looking. Who cares as long as the product works and the site gives me the option to order it. This product appears to be pretty new to the market. Like all start up company's i'm sure their website will improve as they grow.

M

Miami Mango

Re: What is this? Frustrated Big Time! PLS HELP!!
Community please listen up:

Every time I see someone with these problems experienced growers always reply that it is due to over feeding etc. those are always legit responses, always great things to check. But in reality what I see over and over again is hemp mosaic virus or tobacco mosaic virus. Please please community look into this issue and the characteristics of the virus as it is becoming an incredibly huge epidemic as friends pass it along with cuttings.

In veg you can identify it when:

1) the leaf tip turns almost on a 90 degree angle
2) leaf variegation
3) almost looks a little mutated
4) slower than normal growth rates

If you didn't catch it in veg then here are the characteristics in flower:
1) will normally show it's ugly head in weeks 2 to 4 of flower
2) if you are experienced, they'll will automatically think that something is wrong with your recipe (nothing wrong, it's the virus, only applies to experienced guys)
3) plants will look as if someone literally poured bleach on you tops ( this is why it is usually confused with too high of ppm or over feeding)
4) the plant will try to repair itself and you will think that it will, but you will realize that you were dead wrong in week 5 or 6 ( unfortunately I know from personal experience) took me months to finally identify it.)
5) everyone will tell you at you are over feeding, and I'm not saying that it might not be the case if you are a newbie, but if you've put in your time you should know better.

One of the best solutions is aspirin. Read up on it please guys and learn to identify it at the clone stage.

THIS WILL BE AN EPIDEMIC OTHERWISE..

Dispensaries have it and the people that run the clones ( clone managers) don't even know what it is...most of them dip the rock wool in a common tray so that means if one comes in with it they now all have it...

Think about it:

Harborside has thousands of little guys ( yes I got some infestations from them before), also from organican, ( which blows me away because the lady at Organicann actually knows her shit, she had a couple of mothers that were infected sitting on the counter and even told me so), blows me away that she would have it there with their vast array of little guys. Same with Harborside.

I hope this helps someone to quickly identify and correct the issue. I now assume everything has it and treat them with aspirin from the beginning just as a precaution.

If anyone has any questions hit me up, I wish I had pics of what it looks like but a quick google search will bring some up.

Good luck fam!

lPC
Native to Florida migrated to Northern Cal, I've never heard or encountered anything like this crap after lots of losses and rethinking all information I've gathered for 20 or so years I finally took to the web to look for a solution, after endless nights looking I stumbled upon TMV and kept doing research. I'm 99% sure I got this from all the research I've done. I'm a pretty thorough guy and extremely clean, I say 99% cause I have not tested any plants yet, I would have never believe this causes this much devastation. I am currently trying that RNA product that seems expensive as hell but if it works it will be worth it. Destroyed and burn everything on site, if it was cheap it was replaced, hoses, pvc, feeder tubes etc, other stuff got scrubbed and cleaned with bleach and soap, then dipped and re-dipped in water with enough powdered chlorine to disinfect 50+ Olympic size pools, then I boiled everything in a huge industrial size pot big enough for me to take a bath prior to bringing it back in the structure. If it broke by boiling it, it got rebought.
Got new clones and left them in their original boxes put them under some light and with in a few days seems like they were infected again. I did not even water them or feed them yet. We all washed everything and sprayed the walls with straight chlorine let it sit and rinsed, washed our clothes in hot water and bleach, everything you could do we did, boiled water in turkey fryer pans and dumped them on the sub-floors you name it.
I started treating them with RNA and I thought holy shit this stuff is amazing, the plants never looked so good in my life, I'm at 6 weeks in and starting to get a little worried again, 2 different SD's in 2 different areas one is amazing looking even though is not perfumy in the room, other one grew like hella fast and seems like flower size is puttering out on me and no smell either. Shit its starting 6 weeks, it should reek already.

I broke down and signed up to this forum, (my first ever and at one point I vowed to never do)
I've read a lot of info in other sites and this one My questions are:
#1 Has Anyone used RNA and had %100 successful results AFTER TMV.
#2 Has anyone gotten RNA tested to see if its glorified aspirin?
#3 Does Aspirin work?
#4 Aspirin Doses per gallon? Foliar or thru feed?
#5 Inexpensive place to test the plants?
#6 Place that will test ingredients in RNA?

I'm 4 weeks away and hope my luck changes, please reply with any useful comments, I'm down on my luck and really don't need negative comments or you to tell me I'm over feeding, mostly same recipe and mostly same strain for 20 years plus and I know what I'm doing.

Thanks, Keep business Blooming.

Top Bottom