Trixie's tricks and growing tips

• Thread starter Trixie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
TSD

TSD

But to say someone has it down to a science is basically stating that person has the science settled.
I didn't mean it that literally... just down to a science for thier own personal situation, like what they are doing is working perfectly for THEM. Of course science is always advancing, that's the literal point of science lol... I think we're going to see huge advances in our lifetime based soley on the fact that it's legally being researched on a large scale... let alone what technological advances happen simultaneously, as well as genetic advances, aka human inflicted evolution 🤯. It's a good time for weed....if our civilization doesn't collapse first that is lol.

2Bad

2Bad

The other day I saw a new user with no experience thanking the knowledgeable members and trixie was quoted as one. That’s kinda risky if they blame thc farmer for failed advice that’s taken , when it’s spoken with such brash confidence. I think this bleeds into the same thing moe is bothered with.
This is when you private message that user and say shes not very knowledgeable (if they aren't one to admit it their self). I've done this before. And anyday of the week i'll admit I still have no clue what i'm doing. Mostly just winging it. lmao

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Also no disrespect to you @Trixie it's just some statements are a lil far from the truth and the same thing goes for KenKanaff & Zill. We are all learning here and should correct each other.
All anyone can do is check how long someone has been around and the pictures they post. It’s the nature of this format. Some don’t say anything but their pictures do all the talking. “Pics or didn’t happen“ generation

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Debate is part of the community and its extremely necessary and important to progression and learning. There is nothing wrong with debating your information and that i 100% support. You just have to accept that when a majority of people disagree with you that your going to have some debate and conflict as personally @Trixie and i have

But i will say in @Trixie defence that for the most part it has been done without personal insult or attacks. This is a community and we dont all have to just agree and regurgitate to be a community because that robs us all… myself included of an opportunity to learn.

The goal is to learn, progress and share as a community. Not like I haven’t had to eat crow or humble pie in my time here either… its just part of the learning and growing process of a community.

Some of my best friends in life were a result of fist fights… i give respect to the fact @Trixie can have a rough start and stick around to face the backlash with some poise and class.

That to me shows a desire to be apart of this community no matter what we agree or disagree on. I wont take away the fact that its been handled on his or her part without the usual resort to childish personal insults and attacks and that speaks volumes to myself

2Bad

2Bad

Debate is part of the community and its extremely necessary and important to progression and learning. There is nothing wrong with debating your information and that i 100% support. You just have to accept that when a majority of people disagree with you that your going to have some debate and conflict as personally @Trixie and i have

But i will say in @Trixie defence that for the most part it has been done without personal insult or attacks. This is a community and we dont all have to just agree and regurgitate to be a community because that robs us all… myself included of an opportunity to learn.

The goal is to learn, progress and share as a community. Not like I haven’t had to eat crow or humble pie in my time here either… its just part of the learning and growing process of a community.

Some of my best friends in life were a result of fist fights… i give respect to the fact @Trixie can have a rough start and stick around to face the backlash with some poise and class.

That to me shows a desire to be apart of this community no matter what we agree or disagree on. I wont take away the fact that its been handled on his or her part without the usual resort to childish personal insults and attacks and that speaks volumes to myself
❤️❤️❤️❤️

Anthem

Anthem

Aqua Man I 100 percent agree that debate is healthy and a wonderful way for both learning and seeing others points of view. With that being said how does that change the fact that Trixie has given out 100 percent wrong advise numerous times.

If we take into account the community as a whole and look at what kind of damage can be done with wrong advise it is also detrimental to the community. What happens when the person asking for advise takes the advise and then the outcome kills or damages the plant. The individual is not going to be happy with the community and negativity towards the community will arise out of the detrimental advise of a few.

Again I support debate.

2Bad

2Bad

Aqua Man I 100 percent agree that debate is healthy and a wonderful way for both learning and seeing others points of view. With that being said how does that change the fact that Trixie has given out 100 percent wrong advise numerous times.

If we take into account the community as a whole and look at what kind of damage can be done with wrong advise it is also detrimental to the community. What happens when the person asking for advise takes the advise and then the outcome kills or damages the plant. The individual is not going to be happy with the community and negativity towards the community will arise out of the detrimental advise of a few.

Again I support debate.
Yeah that's tough. But I think it happens all the time on here. Just correct it when you see it i guess

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Again I support debate.
Well in the end we are all responsible for who we choose to listen to. All we can do is do our best to correct what we see and hope the member chooses the right information to accept.

Its a whole nother story when the misinformation is intentional… but i don’t believe thats the case. These things usually sort themselves out given time.

Anthem

Anthem

Well in the end we are all responsible for who we choose to listen to. All we can do is do our best to correct what we see and hope the member chooses the right information to accept.

Its a whole nother story when the misinformation is intentional… but i don’t believe thats the case. These things usually sort themselves out given time.
I understand you feel it is the responsibility of the individual to choose who to listen to, but the mere fact this is just a digital environment lends one to take the advise of the seemingly confident individual. Meaning that someone that comes off with confidence while giving poor or incorrect advise is assumed to have knowledge. So to say it is the responsibility of the person asking for advise to choose the correct advise lacks merit. It is like saying well you choose to listen to the wrong person or let the buyer beware.

The forum at one time had a listing of likes under each persons avatar as well as number of posts and trophies. That as least gave someone a bases of the validity of their comments. There are people coming to the forum commenting with stupid one line responses that mean nothing and just running up their post count.Trophies are also well pretty easy as well as you have new member with the same number of trophies as old members.

Something should be in place to not allow it to be up the buy to beware, that would help out with these sort of issues.

D

dean1963

let me see if i can word this properly, between what my brain wants to say and what i type or speak is usually quite different.
it sucks as a newb like me to listen to bad advice and i get upset with myself and the person that gave it to me, but, i tried it and failed.
so who's fault is that?
from the short time i've been here i've learned a tremendous amount.
1 of the first things i learned is to wait for a few answers and if most people are saying someone is wrong i listen.
that being said, my way is the best and nobody here can touch my grow.

mostly because nobody here knows where i am so you can't put your dirty fingers on my grow.
lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I understand you feel it is the responsibility of the individual to choose who to listen to, but the mere fact this is just a digital environment lends one to take the advise of the seemingly confident individual. Meaning that someone that comes off with confidence while giving poor or incorrect advise is assumed to have knowledge. So to say it is the responsibility of the person asking for advise to choose the correct advise lacks merit. It is like saying well you choose to listen to the wrong person or let the buyer beware.

The forum at one time had a listing of likes under each persons avatar as well as number of posts and trophies. That as least gave someone a bases of the validity of their comments. There are people coming to the forum commenting with stupid one line responses that mean nothing and just running up their post count.Trophies are also well pretty easy as well as you have new member with the same number of trophies as old members.

Something should be in place to not allow it to be up the buy to beware, that would help out with these sort of issues.
But we dont sell a service here. We provide a platform for growers to share. I completely understand your point of view but the last thing i think any of us want to see is a censored platform that only allows certain views to be shared. If people want accountability for information i would direct them to a paid consulting service.

But believe me i get just as frustrated when i see information passed along that can negatively impact someone grow that has cost them significantly or not monetarily

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

mostly because nobody here knows where i am so you can't put your dirty fingers on my grow.
lol
Challenge Accepted!

Personally I don't see a solution here.

The amount of time you have been here =/= How correct you are on X post
Amount of likes same thing.
Amount of posts even less correlation.

Is there something better than "buyer beware" and "you get what you paid for"?

We each kinda have at least one specialty like dirt or hydro or outdoor or whatever. If I were to give advice on a dirt grow, we are back to "buyer beware." My advice should be suspect.

I often recuse myself from answering saying something like I need to stay in my lane when I get into an area I'm not confident in. But there is a lot of crossover - plants are plants regardless how you grow them.

Strictly speaking, a "high value" rating on me, whatever that means, if on a thread of outdoor growing would be misleading. On the other hand, I don't think TSD has ever grown hydro, but deserves a high rating of course for outdoor.

Your rating would have to change based on the thread you are in!

And then who determines what ratings are given to what grower?

I don't see an alternative except to spend some time here and make relationships so you know who you are talking to.

Otherwise, buyer beware. 🤷‍♂️

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

But we dont sell a service here. We provide a platform for growers to share. I completely understand your point of view but the last thing i think any of us want to see is a censored platform that only allows certain views to be shared. If people want accountability for information i would direct them to a paid consulting service.

But believe me i get just as frustrated when i see information passed along that can negatively impact someone grow that has cost them significantly or not monetarily
Very true, all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom