Try # Well Crap Been So Many Lost Count

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

what would be the diff from reading soil vs coco u seeming like u know what u talking about so I would like to know this

Im so lost now I started this so I could fix my pos plants and we all went off about watering coco I have had this problem with coco and in reg soil I have used foxfarm happy fog. roots organic. coco loco. sunshine mix and now I just got promix
and no they are not mixed in the same planters

Wisher619

Wisher619

Read my profile. I said I'm no expert, just good at it.

Ok I'll be the first to admit I didn't know about the correct way to slurry test. And you made me think about the malnutrition thing. Now...as for the always feeding with every water. I will admit I knew nothing about cation exchange until today, and feel kind of embarassed that I was giving advice about feeding plain water. But it would seem you are the best person to ask why I never had any problems with giving my plants (in coco) a heavy plain flush halfway through the grow? To be honest, it was a habit I took from soil growing...
Flushing is perfectly fine

see when Growgod says he flushes
what he isnt telling you is he feeds probably 2-3x a day and twice a week he does a flush and allows the plants to intake carbs and water and then lights out the plant uses those carbs to build and then create waste
and in the morn lights on feed again

flushing is fine even with plain water
but it should always be followed by nutes
could be light strength or your regular feed

it is fine if it goes a few hours or a day
just as long as it is followed by nutrients

as to whomever is using semi organics in coco

I wouldnt recomend it

dan1989

dan1989

what he isnt telling you is he feeds probably 2-3x a day and twice a week he does a flush and allows the plants to intake carbs and water and then lights out the plant uses those carbs to build and then create waste

I wouldnt recomend it
Great thanks for clearing that up. I did actually say that I follow that with nutes (a couple days later but have got away with it). But was lucky because like I said I had never heard of cation exchange before.

So basically I made myself look like an ass but learned something in the process :D that's what I'm here for, knowledge!

dan1989

dan1989

I wouldnt recomend it

Also would you mind letting us know why not to use semi organics in coco? I'll bet it has something to do with upsetting the cation exchange which I have NO IDEA about :D I've got some reading to do I think...

Wisher619

Wisher619

Great thanks for clearing that up. I did actually say that I follow that with nutes (a couple days later but have got away with it). But was lucky because like I said I had never heard of cation exchange before.

So basically I made myself look like an ass but learned something in the process :D that's what I'm here for, knowledge!
yeah just dont go to long because when you flush you are bringing the nutrient level down in the cation bank
so when the plant go to feed .....there is t enough and then they pull from there leaves which shows up as nutrient deficiency

dan1989

dan1989

yeah just dont go to long because when you flush you are bringing the nutrient level down in the cation bank
so when the plant go to feed .....there is t enough and then they pull from there leaves which shows up as nutrient deficiency

So what you are saying is that the plants don't actually take the nutrients up immediately like in a hydro setup?

Wisher619

Wisher619

when ising semi organics you are walking a fine line
coco dosnt have qualities like promix that is amended with lime a gypsum for Ca
coco may be buffered but coco is a hydroponic medium and should be used as such
you can mix coco in organic mix and use for higher nutrient capacity as well as oxygen retention but it is usually mixed with Peat and forrest humus
not used by itself
those others have beneficial bacteria and whatnot that helps digest organics
coco is basically inert
only having small amounts of K and literally nothing else

Wisher619

Wisher619

So what you are saying is that the plants don't actually take the nutrients up immediately like in a hydro setup?
they do but is works a little differ as in coco exchanges ions
while water has no ion exchange bank it is just there for the plant to take
the coco feeds your plants and you feed the coco
if you flush to much....there is nothing to feed your plant and so the next time you feed the coco takes it not your plant

essentially you are creating a bank of +/- ions
and then you keep watering and the plant can intake what is running by and when you dont feed a let dry a little the coco releases nutrients for the plant so you then have to replenish the coco and then the plan
seems complicated but if you follow the rules you will realize explosive growth

soserthc1

soserthc1

Why start with coco never having a successful grow ? if I'm not mistaking you are also running perpetual another thing I'd advise against for a beginner

Finish out the run your on as it looks like you'll have some smokable bud there. Switch to promix and feed 1/2 of what your nutrients say.
Less is almost always better.
Get the knack for promix from start to finish then switch to coco if you like.

This thread is enough to make a profession confused

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Why start with coco never having a successful grow ? if I'm not mistaking you are also running perpetual another thing I'd advise against for a beginner

Finish out the run your on as it looks like you'll have some smokable bud there. Switch to promix and feed 1/2 of what your nutrients say.
Less is almost always better.
Get the knack for promix from start to finish then switch to coco if you like.

This thread is enough to make a profession confused

Im super freaked out about where I get my stuff so the place I do go talked me in to coco loco after having the same problem im having now but it was with roots organic

after all this bs I just found a new place and got promix been using for clones to try it out

dan1989

dan1989

Wow. I had no idea that the coco could hold back nutrients in that way. To think I've been using coco for over a year and didn't know this. Thanks for taking the time to tell me this, I will put it to good use... Respect!

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Wow. I had no idea that the coco could hold back nutrients in that way. To think I've been using coco for over a year and didn't know this. Thanks for taking the time to tell me this, I will put it to good use... Respect!

heck u lucky the place I went never told be any thing about coco as in needing to keep wet and feed every time also needing calmag

on a side note the owner of the shop all his plants died so ha ass hole lol

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Start off your sentences. .. "It is my understanding" or state at the end "imo"
That way new ppl don't think your Tommy Chong and just don't follow blindly.
OP is going nuts over here and she just wants her babies back.. And really she just wish she knew what went wrong...
Honestly this 8th all for naught really... sips for the win baby:)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

You guys can send me the pesos for borrowing my professor today!

Anyway... lol. Sorry to strike a conversation up and leave, but I called away and had to go...
Anyway Dan see their is a lot more to coco than meets the eye. I will post some pics here after I finish supper...

The Terps

The Terps

Can someone chime in about what I mentioned earlier on cellular rupture caused by lack of nutrients and over drinking water. I coulda sworn I read that somewhere here on a good link.
Basically it said once a plant went from having an adiquite diet of nutrients to a lack of in a hurry the plant would absorb excessive water seeking said nutes and thus causing the cellular rupture. I looked for a minute but got bored sorry... anyways can I get a sencond on that otherwise I might need to cut back the pot!

dan1989

dan1989

You guys can send me the pesos for borrowing my professor today!

Anyway... lol. Sorry to strike a conversation up and leave, but I called away and had to go...
Anyway Dan see their is a lot more to coco than meets the eye. I will post some pics here after I finish supper...

Yeah man I'm just happy that I know this now rather than later. Funny, I've only been using the site a short while, and already I've been given a revolutionary (to me) piece of info. It's why this site rules man!

Latest posts

Top Bottom