TSD *attempts* autos indoors, winter boredom.

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Wow! In Norcal it’s a little over $.40 per kilowatt hour. Got a pay for a wildfire debt.
Up here in Washington State, we pay $0.12 per kilowatt hour. I'll brag a bit more to say that we also lead in renewable energy, mostly because of hydro power. We also have an amazing number of windmills over in the eastern half of the state.

If I lived in a higher energy cost state, I'd think hard about adding solar panels. As it is, we recently had a cost analysis done. The break-even point was 17 years. Considering that I don't expect to live that long, I declined.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

My posts are always long lol.
I honestly don't think it's light burn, I don't have a very strong light, it's a marshydro ts600... which is 100 actual watts and it's currently at 30" it doesn't have a dimmer or I'd give that a shot too... it's up as high as it can go without reconstruction of my closet. I've used it to veg my babies after they are about 3 weeks old for a couple of years now and I've never had any symptoms like this before. Rhey are usually under it for a good two months. The leaves kind of look like they are praying wanting more light, but it's so fucked up I can't be sure that's why. I think I just jacked it up with inconsistent feeding and my water isn't perfect and my ph is out of whack too... the trifecta of fucking up... the trifuckta if you will. 🤣
Well, I tried. I nevertheless believe light stress is under-diagnosed. My intuition tells me that there's something about LEDs that makes them likely to cause stress or burn, but I'm not much further along that thinking than being suspicious.

I read about another method of reducing the light besides raising the light or using the dimmer. That was to hang a sheer, white cloth (or maybe tissue paper or maybe even cheese cloth) horizontally under the light. I haven't tried it, but it seems like it could help when all else fails.

TSD

TSD

I'm sure growing under lights can be affordable, especially when compared to buying weed at a dispensary.
Yeah I don't have to go to the dispo, I can get cali commercial from a friend for half what they charge... I just prefer my own outdoor. I think this little experiment has squelched my pipe dream of a sweet indoor grow setup. I'm not ever going to grow inside during the summer because I'm growing outside... and growing inside in the winter is clearly above my paygrade lol.

TSD

TSD

Well, I tried. I nevertheless believe light stress is under-diagnosed. My intuition tells me that there's something about LEDs that makes them likely to cause stress or burn, but I'm not much further along that thinking than being suspicious.

I read about another method of reducing the light besides raising the light or using the dimmer. That was to hang a sheer, white cloth (or maybe tissue paper or maybe even cheese cloth) horizontally under the light. I haven't tried it, but it seems like it could help when all else fails.
Yeah I've done that to block the led on my veg ladies from new clones since I only have one space. I don't know if it worked cause I don't know if they even cared to begin with lol. If I had a newer stronger led I would say it would be on my list, but I just don't think that one is burning to that degree... but again, indoor is not my jam, so who knows.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Yeah I don't have to go to the dispo, I can get cali commercial from a friend for half what they charge... I just prefer my own outdoor. I think this little experiment has squelched my pipe dream of a sweet indoor grow setup. I'm not ever going to grow inside during the summer because I'm growing outside... and growing inside in the winter is clearly above my paygrade lol.
We have been buying from the dispos a lot. It won't be as often now that my first crop is in Grove bags. We're really liking that Acapulco Gold.

I've also decided not to grow inside during the summer. It's hot inside the house as it is, so adding heat from the lights doesn't make sense. Sunlight is free. I also have a license to grow now, too.

I'm planning to grow outside this summer. I have some Amnesia seeds I'll be starting soon. I'm thinking I'll move them outside sometime in May. That would be about right for our climate here in western Washington State.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
...Except indoor auto growing 🤣
You can veg a photo for months with just t5 fluorescent lights 2 - 4ft 54 w full spectrum lights above and 1 t5 54w for side lighting...16hrs - 18 / day and finish with your 100 W Mars. You could grow and harvest 2 - 4 nice sized plants indoors.

E

Edinburg

Why are you so Shure they won't grow? I have been growing autoflowers for 10 years and my setup is a $150 dollar light, a tent from home Depot, a little fan, and 2 nutes, botanacare pro grow & Atami Bloombastic, the real secret to growing autos is do not stress them, go light on your nutes, and leave them alone is all.

IMG 20230205 064538
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I'm sure growing under lights can be affordable, especially when compared to buying weed at a dispensary. It may take a while to amortize the initial equipment cost, but over time I'm sure it's quite economical. My state has the lowest electricity cost in the nation, though. That said, I have two tents now. In addition to my 2x4, I added a 2x2 for seedlings and early vegetation. The smaller tent uses comparatively little electricity. The 120-watt light is currently running at about 30% power. That saves a lot of power for the early growth period.
That’s why I adopted @steamroller light setup by altering the FC-E8000, it’s an awesome light and was affordable plus by altering it from a 4x4 setup to a 2x8 setup I can flower a whole 4x8, last run went great with the 2x plants scrogged and I believe I only ran at 75-80% power max, I’m sure I could have bumped it up and gotten a tiny bit more yeild but for what I ran it produced great!

1st one was set up to scrog much earlier, 2nd one was put in the net just to hold her up while finishing the Last 3-4 weeks or so if I would have netted them right after transplant I’m sure they would have filled the nets even more but the nets went in at least 3 weeks after flip on the first one and very late in the 2nd

61C9E357 9527 48B3 A640 EBB0444DFD75
D477E033 D284 4A4D B4A4 69B5D8FAE113
Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

Why are you so Shure they won't grow? I have been growing autoflowers for 10 years and my setup is a $150 dollar light, a tent from home Depot, a little fan, and 2 nutes, botanacare pro grow & Atami Bloombastic, the real secret to growing autos is do not stress them, go light on your nutes, and leave them alone is all.
I honestly have no use for autos and no real need to grow indoors... this was just a thing to do to chase away the winter blues with some light and something green with some freebie seeds I've had kicking around. I definitely stressed them with inconsistent feeding, it's my own damn fault. Accountability, party of one? 🙋‍♀️

Top Bottom