TSD *attempts* autos indoors, winter boredom.

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

If you think water is an issue, melt snow. I get a 50% yield, 6 gallon bucket of packed snow melts to 3 gallons at room temp in 36 hours. Been working great for me and they love it. I think you overwatered, she locked then you fried the leaves with magnesium etc. i don’t think ocean forest has mycorrhizae, happy frog does but ocean forest is all nutes

TSD

TSD

If you think water is an issue, melt snow. I get a 50% yield, 6 gallon bucket of packed snow melts to 3 gallons at room temp in 36 hours. Been working great for me and they love it. I think you overwatered, she locked then you fried the leaves with magnesium etc. i don’t think ocean forest has mycorrhizae, happy frog does but ocean forest is all nutesView attachment 1342797.
Definitely don't think I overwaterd, I have that part down pretty well and I still check with a meter if I'm not sure. I think it was just me not being consistent with feeding then using distilled water several times. I don't think my water is that bad ph wise, but it's definitely hard. I added some mycorrhizae, but they're probably long fried lol. I have a river in my back yard if it comes to that lol... need the damn meters to come so I can figure out what I'm working with. I honestly don't care if it dies, so I'll try about anything. 🤷‍♀️

TSD

TSD

Could very well be lockout from hard water and too much calcium as well.

TSD

TSD

The ph I got was with a soil ph test without the soil, the runt off test, so I really don't know how accurate that is, considering it's meant to test soil... but logic says it should still be the same chemical reaction to the powder right?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

That's wild!
Sure is, but thats only winter months cause i dont run a furnace. I use a pellet stove and 2 electric heaters. And my pellet stove is 20 years old so im sure its an electric hog.

Costs me 600 a month in propane, or 120 in pellets and then electric. So i save about 200 a month this way.

TSD

TSD

Sorry you're having problems with your grow. Could we see some pictures?
I wouldn't even call it my grow, just something I did out of boredom lol... my real outdoor grow started a couple weeks ago and the babies are fine. Outdoor photos are my jam... this indoor auto is a crash and burn lol. Let me snap some new pics, there's plenty a few pages back, but it's only getting worse. I added some lime when I watered this morning as per @PipeCarver 's suggestion. I'm ready to evict her so I can focus on my actual grow and get outside where I know wtf I'm doing lol.
20230321 094549
20230321 094616

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm probably going to when it comes to that, they're ok till they need to be transplanted into bigger pots because they won't fit back in the little seed starting tent. So glad I racked up an almost $400 electric bill for a plant that's going to be garbage. This is why I grow outside lol.
Yes but what you did this grow is go through what we all do indoors fk up and learn what not to do the next time.....Indoors is great once you get the hang of it, You got $400 worth of training......it will help your outdoor grow too

Wholly Shit...I have a can air horn on my work bench covered in stuff, my cat Qnight is walking around and nailed it.....I jumped a foot straight up to attention wtf.....he's just standing there.....fkin heart attack.....lol

TSD

TSD

Yes but what you did this grow is go through what we all do indoors fk up and learn what not to do the next time.....Indoors is great once you get the hang of it, You got $400 worth of training......it will help your outdoor grow too

Wholly Shit...I have a can air horn on my work bench covered in stuff, my cat Qnight is walking around and nailed it.....I jumped a foot straight up to attention wtf.....he's just standing there.....fkin heart attack.....lol
Yeah I probably won't be growing inside on the reg anytime soon because I can't afford it at this rate. I can only imagine the electric bill with a legit setup and big ass light. I guess it's either grow outside, go back to buying, or quit smoking.

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

What equipment do you run that's using so much electricity? With my light on max (725w) and everything else (2 HO fans, big dehumidifier, and a window AC) I'm just under 2kW per hour and at a rate of $0.15/kWh that's $0.30 per hour if everything was running constantly, and it's not by a long shot. Multiply that by 12 hours and it comes to $3.60 per day of flowering x 9 weeks = roughly $225 total electricity consumption.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I wouldn't even call it my grow, just something I did out of boredom lol... my real outdoor grow started a couple weeks ago and the babies are fine. Outdoor photos are my jam... this indoor auto is a crash and burn lol. Let me snap some new pics, there's plenty a few pages back, but it's only getting worse. I added some lime when I watered this morning as per @PipeCarver 's suggestion. I'm ready to evict her so I can focus on my actual grow and get outside where I know wtf I'm doing lol.
Thanks for the pictures. I wouldn't give up on her. I think you can get a crop.

Those look a lot like mine did. I'm sure the problem I had was too much light. I had power meters on my lights, so I know precisely how much power the lights were drawing. (I had two 240-watt XS2000s in my 2x4 tent.) While in late vegetation, each light was as high as 140 watts and the plants only showed slight leaf tip burn. I didn't know it was light stress at the time, though. Otherwise, the plants looked healthy. When I flipped, however, the light burn worsened in a hurry. That's when I started a thread about it. We tried several things, but what worked best was to lower the light power. By the time I harvested, each light was only drawing 60 watts--less than half of the power setting during late vegetation.

I know that's contrary to popular wisdom about using high intensity light level during flower, but turning down the power was the solution. I do recall one of the more experienced growers here (I don't recall who) saying they turned down their LED lights at flowering time. That stayed in my head as we were working on the solution. So, I suggest reducing the light power.

Light stress or burn is hard to diagnose because it looks so much like other problems, but if everything else has been tried, try reducing the power.

So, your leaves look a lot like mine did: Tip burn and edge burn up the leaves from the tip. I tried to find a good example from my image collection. Here's one:

I apologize for the long post.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I'm sure growing under lights can be affordable, especially when compared to buying weed at a dispensary. It may take a while to amortize the initial equipment cost, but over time I'm sure it's quite economical. My state has the lowest electricity cost in the nation, though. That said, I have two tents now. In addition to my 2x4, I added a 2x2 for seedlings and early vegetation. The smaller tent uses comparatively little electricity. The 120-watt light is currently running at about 30% power. That saves a lot of power for the early growth period.

TSD

TSD

Thanks for the pictures. I wouldn't give up on her. I think you can get a crop.

Those look a lot like mine did. I'm sure the problem I had was too much light. I had power meters on my lights, so I know precisely how much power the lights were drawing. (I had two 240-watt XS2000s in my 2x4 tent.) While in late vegetation, each light was as high as 140 watts and the plants only showed slight leaf tip burn. I didn't know it was light stress at the time, though. Otherwise, the plants looked healthy. When I flipped, however, the light burn worsened in a hurry. That's when I started a thread about it. We tried several things, but what worked best was to lower the light power. By the time I harvested, each light was only drawing 60 watts--less than half of the power setting during late vegetation.

I know that's contrary to popular wisdom about using high intensity light level during flower, but turning down the power was the solution. I do recall one of the more experienced growers here (I don't recall who) saying they turned down their LED lights at flowering time. That stayed in my head as we were working on the solution. So, I suggest reducing the light power.

Light stress or burn is hard to diagnose because it looks so much like other problems, but if everything else has been tried, try reducing the power.

So, your leaves look a lot like mine did: Tip burn and edge burn up the leaves from the tip. I tried to find a good example from my image collection. Here's one:

View attachment 1342946

I apologize for the long post.
My posts are always long lol.
I honestly don't think it's light burn, I don't have a very strong light, it's a marshydro ts600... which is 100 actual watts and it's currently at 30" it doesn't have a dimmer or I'd give that a shot too... it's up as high as it can go without reconstruction of my closet. I've used it to veg my babies after they are about 3 weeks old for a couple of years now and I've never had any symptoms like this before. They are usually under it for a good two months. The leaves kind of look like they are praying wanting more light, but it's so fucked up I can't be sure that's why. I think I just jacked it up with inconsistent feeding and my water isn't perfect and my ph is out of whack too... the trifecta of fucking up... the trifuckta if you will. 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom